+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi all

Some movement in my account at last. It says "The additional documents you submitted have been uploaded". Anyone know what this stage is and what the next stage will be?

6 months is up in 3 days

Thanks
Did you upload any additional documents?
If yes, then this means the system has accepted (computer generated message) the document.
Next someone will look into the document (to make sure it is what they had asked for!) and that time the status should read "being reviewed"
It will then change to "No additional document needed".

If you did not submit any additional document, then simply ignore this status/message. People get these for no reason!

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
What's the chance of rejection after 6 month?
The chance of rejection is same after 6 months as it was on day 1!
I mean 6 months in wait does not mean anything positive or negative.
All it probably means is; we are bloody unfortunate!
I am currently sitting on a 5 months and 2 weeks old AOR!

Lyzandra01

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Did you upload any additional documents?
If yes, then this means the system has accepted (computer generated message) the document.
Next someone will look into the document (to make sure it is what they had asked for!) and that time the status should read "being reviewed"
It will then change to "No additional document needed".

If you did not submit any additional document, then simply ignore this status/message. People get these for no reason!
Hi

Thanks for replying. My status changed from "additional documents are being reviewed" to "Have been uploaded". Will it go back to "being reviewed"? I uploaded my work letters, proof of funds, educational docs etc.

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
April 25th AOR.
Had additional document request on June 20th.
But no update since uploading!
Contacted last week, they advised it's at LVO now.

Will contact the LVO passed 25th OCT (6 month day!) to see what they have to say!

Good luck!
Is there a way to contact LVO?

hopingtomigrate

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The chance of rejection is same after 6 months as it was on day 1!
I mean 6 months in wait does not mean anything positive or negative.
All it probably means is; we are bloody unfortunate!
I am currently sitting on a 5 months and 2 weeks old AOR!
Do you think that rejection is still high after 5 months, especially for PNP? If OINP found our application acceptable to give us a nomination, then the only major docs we had to submit for AOR was PCC and medicals and if neither of these are a concern, why should the chance of rejection be high? Nothing seems to have changed for us from OINP to AOR.

sandra_i

Aug 31, 2017
Just to let you guys know you are not alone. AOR April 30th. Medical passed June 10.No update since then. None. I have called over 5 times. Still stuck in background check and eligibility check. When I called last they said I was at the last final check of eligibility and that background check is still underway.

I am beyond tired and frustrated of waiting . But I’ve decided I’ll keep my mind off it for now. It would be six months in processing October 30. The lady I spoke with said if I don’t hear anything by February 2018, that then I can call? I didn’t think heard right? February 2018?!!! This is ridiculous. That would be 10 months no hope and pray it doesn’t take that long. Ordered gcms notes 2 weeks ago. Hoping for answers.

You are not alone. I hope and pray it all works out for good for us waiting soon. Amen.
The agents know nothing. Only the GCMS notes will give you real detail on your case. There's likely something holding up your eligibility. So hopefully after you get the notes, you can rectify it. Good luck!

hopingtomigrate

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The agents know nothing. Only the GCMS notes will give you real detail on your case. There's likely something holding up your eligibility. So hopefully after you get the notes, you can rectify it. Good luck!
We are on day 47 since our GCMS request! It is just adding to the frustration.

ameydixit

Apr 7, 2016
I totally understand your frustration. I am AOR 8 April, 2017 and still waiting for PPR.No offence to people who got PR already even though they filed after us but how the hell is this government fair to us?? My colleagues who graduated after me and filed the application after me got their PR within 3 months and I still haven't gotten mine. I am here in Canada from last 5 years and have not been out of country since then. I am paying taxes and working my ass off. I have eyes on my phone every second expecting a call from my agent whom I paid more than 5000$ just so that I don't make any mistakes in my application.

You call IRCC and they provide no information....You spend an hour waiting for someone to pick up your call and hear that we are still processing your application. I thought I will get it before 6 months end but when I see some people who have been waiting for PR for more than 6 months now, I am loosing hope. I am stressed. I submitted file after completing 2 years of employment but my previous employer refused to help with the experience letter. My agent said that shouldn't cause any problem but now that's the only thing I can think of. If feel so disheartened. I gave everything to Canada. Have been struggling since the age of 18 here. My youth is all gone waiting for this one day when I will have my PR. I don't talk to friends or family because the only question that they ask me is 'Did you get your PR?' ...X person got it in 2 months. I feel like I am loosing my own self. I had dreams when I came to Canada. Since day 1 I am working so hard. I used to help my friends with their assignment and those friends have got their PR before me..got married and even their wife is here now (some even have kids). Come on..how can I be happy with this kind of treatment. What have we done to Canada to have this in return.

I am sorry guys but I just need to get this frustration out. I am sure some of you are facing the same difficulties/situation in your life. Now I am begging to God to give me PR and there is saying that he is equal so where is his equality??? How come people have PR and some are still waiting?

Should I be worried about my PR? Am I ever going to get it?? Is there anything I can do to help myself? Should I keep my hope?
Hey, I read you post and can understand your dilemma. I pray for your pr to come soon. I'm sharing my experience with you

I had called for GCMS in May and Aug which I received in June and Sept respectively.
Following is the status on some important points

Eligibility
June notes - Recommended Passed
Sept notes - Recommended Passed

Security

June notes - Not Started
Sept notes - Not Started

Criminality

June notes - Passed
Sept notes - Passed

Medicals

June notes - Passed
Sept notes - Passed

This means my file has not been touched since 1st May (they sent RPRF request)......that is 5 whole months without any kind of movement. Security screening is still NS. This is really pathetic and disappointing. I have written to CIC, raised CSE and called them....and their response to all the enquiries has been "we are processing your application and will update you once a decision has been made"

Even I know that I will be informed when a decision has been made.....I want to know why is my file put into cold storage? when will your agents take the application and say 'oh! he has been waiting for 7.5 months, lets at least process his file now'? why are people who have applied after me and have lesser points getting their PPR before me?

My medicals expire in Jan '18 and I have a job that requires me to serve 1.5 months of notice if I quit. Then there are so many minor and major life decisions all depending on receiving/not receiving PR.

The Govt. of Canada is inviting people but hasn't considered the repercussions on them for waiting indefinitely without a clue of whats happening to their application. I have so many more thought that I would like to share but then I stop short thinking 'let it be' maybe this week will get some good news.

Thank you & Regards

Below is my timeline for reference
FSWO
AOR - 22nd feb
Medicals - 7th April
IP1 to NA2 - 28th April
RPRF paid - 2nd May

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
I found this thread as i was panicking as to why i'm not seeing any activity, but after reading the comments here, i'm confident i'm not the only one.

ITA 19th April
AOR 10th June
Request letter RMCP - 6th July
No activity since then.

Current status:
Medical passed (a LONG time ago)
Additional documents are being reviewed
We are processing your background check

This ^^ has not moved for months now. On July 7th, i was request to provide a background check (fingerprints) here in Canada, which is did within 48 hours. So i don't see how that can cause a delay.

Question: are there people from march or even earlier, who have not received PPR yet? I'm just trying to set my expectations here.

PS: I've been in Canada since 2012. I'm currently on an open work permit that expires October 2018.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I found this thread as i was panicking as to why i'm not seeing any activity, but after reading the comments here, i'm confident i'm not the only one.

ITA 19th April
AOR 10th June
Request letter RMCP - 6th July
No activity since then.

Current status:
Medical passed (a LONG time ago)
Additional documents are being reviewed
We are processing your background check

This ^^ has not moved for months now. On July 7th, i was request to provide a background check (fingerprints) here in Canada, which is did within 48 hours. So i don't see how that can cause a delay.

Question: are there people from march or even earlier, who have not received PPR yet? I'm just trying to set my expectations here.

PS: I've been in Canada since 2012. I'm currently on an open work permit that expires October 2018.
Yes, there are people from Jan, Feb and March who are still waiting, and the number of those who are waiting is quite substantial.

Reactions: asd1985

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Hey, I read you post and can understand your dilemma. I pray for your pr to come soon. I'm sharing my experience with you

I had called for GCMS in May and Aug which I received in June and Sept respectively.
Following is the status on some important points

Eligibility
June notes - Recommended Passed
Sept notes - Recommended Passed

Security

June notes - Not Started
Sept notes - Not Started

Criminality

June notes - Passed
Sept notes - Passed

Medicals

June notes - Passed
Sept notes - Passed

This means my file has not been touched since 1st May (they sent RPRF request)......that is 5 whole months without any kind of movement. Security screening is still NS. This is really pathetic and disappointing. I have written to CIC, raised CSE and called them....and their response to all the enquiries has been "we are processing your application and will update you once a decision has been made"

Even I know that I will be informed when a decision has been made.....I want to know why is my file put into cold storage? when will your agents take the application and say 'oh! he has been waiting for 7.5 months, lets at least process his file now'? why are people who have applied after me and have lesser points getting their PPR before me?

My medicals expire in Jan '18 and I have a job that requires me to serve 1.5 months of notice if I quit. Then there are so many minor and major life decisions all depending on receiving/not receiving PR.

The Govt. of Canada is inviting people but hasn't considered the repercussions on them for waiting indefinitely without a clue of whats happening to their application. I have so many more thought that I would like to share but then I stop short thinking 'let it be' maybe this week will get some good news.

Thank you & Regards

Below is my timeline for reference
FSWO
AOR - 22nd feb
Medicals - 7th April
IP1 to NA2 - 28th April
RPRF paid - 2nd May

I feel your pain...AOR 20 April PNP been at NA2 forever.....file is gathering dust at London Visa Office

Reactions: ameydixit

ravi_gohil999

Jul 28, 2017
Hello Guys, Just found this page. It is for people who's applications are approved but still wiating for PPR mail like me.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

Procedures for finalizing approved applications
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

Processing offices must undertake the following steps to finalize an e-application.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) must be paid before an application can be finalized.

For more information on the RPRF, please refer to the program delivery instructions on Fee payment .

Passport request letter
Once an application has been approved and a final decision has been entered, the processing office must send the ‘Passport Request’ letter to the applicant through their MyCIC account.

Request for photos
Applicants and their accompanying dependents are required to submit electronic photos as part of their complete e-application. Applicants are asked to ensure that these photos conform with Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) Permanent Resident Card Photo Specifications (PDF, 614.24 KB).

At this time, the electronic photos uploaded by applicants cannot be used for the permanent residence card; therefore, CIC will not reject an application as incomplete if the photos submitted do not comply with CIC’s prescribed photo specifications.

The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.

Request for passport
Applicants from visa-exempt countries
The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send a photocopy of the bio data page of their passport and, if applicable, the bio data page of the passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Applicants from visa-required countries
The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send their valid passport and, if applicable, the valid passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Permanent resident visas cannot be affixed to diplomatic, official or military passports.

Report a problem or mistake on this page