App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Hi guys, My application(from april 22) seems to be in IP1 yet. I called cic in May and they said my file was in the Sidney being processed, and just now I called them again and they said it's being processed in ottawa, it makes me wonder whether it's IP1 or IP2. how can I know it? thanks.
Most probably IP2, whats the wording of BG check status? Mine followed the same pattern, IP1 done in Sydney, IP2 in Ottawa.

gaz_c2c

Jul 12, 2017
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2017
I am CEC outland too, 25th April AOR. Now in India. BGC move to Not Started on 25th July. Did they request u for RCMP?
Hi Almostther; IRCC requested a RCMP check for my spouse but not for me (although we both spent the exact same amount of time in Canada previously). On the other hand, I was requested to provide additional details of foreign government and foreign military experience. FYI, the RCMP request came in just after I went from IP1 to N/A in April. The military checks request came in immediately after I paid the RPRF fees in June.

Reactions: Almostther

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Almostther; IRCC requested a RCMP check for my spouse but not for me (although we both spent the exact same amount of time in Canada previously). On the other hand, I was requested to provide additional details of foreign government and foreign military experience. FYI, the RCMP request came in just after I went from IP1 to N/A in April. The military checks request came in immediately after I paid the RPRF fees in June.
Thanks for the info!!

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
you are in very early stage of an application process. after a month or in around 20 days letter that you will see following changes 1) You passed the medical exam and "processing " word where reviewing " terminology used and may be backgrnd chk in progress as well after that. However will say this may change from an application to application .2) officer to officer and file volumes. .
Still, i will say best luck.
Medical changed from 'You Passed Medical to you do not need Medical a month ago'.
BCG status Changed from The next stage is to conduct BCG to We will send you msg bla bla bla when we start your BCG to NA (Last week).
Additional docs: Changed from Reviewing to do not need additional docs. (Which I've confirmed by calling CIC)
Hope I am not in early stage..

Thanks for your time..

Gagandeep61

Jun 15, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Can anyone tell me how can u get through to an agent when i call CIC, i am only able to go through automated answer

sonu0503

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
CANADA
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-05-2017
Finally BG went to NA after 74 days....
Current status:-

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:
Reactions: astralsource

itsmaddie

Jun 28, 2017
Finally BG went to NA after 74 days....
Current status:-

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Great. I'm AOR Apr 28. How many countries have you stayed and how many dependents?

sonu0503

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
CANADA
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-05-2017
Great. I'm AOR Apr 28. How many countries have you stayed and how many dependents?
Just the country of origin and Canada (CEC-inland).
No dependents.

For rest see my signature below

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Most probably IP2, whats the wording of BG check status? Mine followed the same pattern, IP1 done in Sydney, IP2 in Ottawa.
It says:
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also, in 16-06-2017 they asked additional documents(CELPIP only), and the status was "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded".
Today(25 after BG not Started to BG in Progress) it changed to "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed".
My complete status is:
AOR: 22-04-2017
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is it one more tip I'm in IP2 as the visa office was Sidney and now is Ottawa? The problem is that I'm looking cic everyday and I didn't see it changing from IP1 to NA .

Many thanks guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: KiranK

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
It says:
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also, in 16-06-2017 they asked additional documents(CELPIP only), and the status was "The additional documents you provided are uploaded".
Today it changed to "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed".
My complete status is:

Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is it one more tip I'm in IP2 as the visa office was Sidney and now is Ottawa? The problem is that I'm looking cic everyday and I didn't see it changing from IP1 to NA .

Many thanks guys!
Its IP2 yes, now PPR mail should follow in a matter of days/weeks or maybe even a month considering the trends!

Reactions: KiranK

marcogbarcellos

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
IELTS Request
16-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Its IP2 yes, now PPR mail should follow in a matter of days/weeks or maybe even a month considering the trends!
Thanks for the quick feedback, very exciting. will let you guys updated here as well as in immitracker!

Reactions: astralsource

sonu0503

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
CANADA
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-05-2017
Ok great, then there is some movement in the files now! Pls do update when you get IP2!
I thought the status before was ip2

Status before BG went to NA:

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.NOW its is NA

fansari10

Aug 1, 2017
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help

AOR: 02/04/2017
FSW-Inland
IP2; since early July

I called today and she said I had met the eligibilty and processing times are 6 months.
Reading through this thread seems like I'm the only one from early April still waiting !!!

Reactions: bhava