+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

toywatch

Jul 7, 2017
No, they request you that to identify if you need a hongkong pcc or not. If they check that you need a hong kong pcc and you didn't upload it, you may get rejected from them. If you under 6 months accumulated, then you are fine.

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp

I can't do it without their request letter since Hong Kong police department won't accept informal request that isn't from CIC. So I am guess there is a chance they just don't need to for my application.

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I just received a request letter for resubmitting personal history(It was probably not detailed enough since I had a lot of travelling history and I ran out of space. Should I use a word document to include all the details?Also, I should be in IP1 right when they are requesting personal history documents?

Application status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I so glad that there is finally some updates for my application. I would really appreciate it if you guys can help.

Thanks,
Martin
My AOR was April 11 and Medicals Passed recently and then I got a Request for more documents with personal history since age 18, I had originally included history for past 10 years and it wasn't since age 18 since I am older than that. Originally that was the requirement, but they probably need more details so I included everything since age 18 and sent the documents which are now in "Being Reviewed" status. For new express entry applicants I would recommend include detailed history since age 18 even if its more than pas 10 years, it may perhaps avoid an extra step.

To be able to fit travel history, address history, etc, I duplicated the column names from the original form onto a Word document using a table format and entered everything in the exact format as needed on the original form. Took several pages, on top of each page mention your details like Name, UCI number and form number and form name (mine was Schedule A Background...and form number IMMxxxx).

In travel history and address/personal history let each month overlap with the other rows, so there are zero gaps. For e.g.: if one period/row is ending in June 2017, the previous/next row should begin from June 2017 the same month which leaves no gaps since exact date is not needed on the forms, only month and year.

For all details, explanations, continue the Word document and give all information or explanations you can, but don't repeat the same information.

On the actual form, put some words such as "3 PAGE DOCUMENT ATTACHED" either typed or handwritten. I hand signed the form as well as every page attached at the bottom before scanning and uploading as PDF format.

toywatch

Jul 7, 2017
My AOR was April 11 and Medicals Passed recently and then I got a Request for more documents with personal history since age 18, I had originally included history for past 10 years and it wasn't since age 18 since I am older than that. Originally that was the requirement, but they probably need more details so I included everything since age 18 and sent the documents which are now in "Being Reviewed" status. For new express entry applicants I would recommend include detailed history since age 18 even if its more than pas 10 years, it may perhaps avoid an extra step.

To be able to fit travel history, address history, etc, I duplicated the column names from the original form onto a Word document using a table format and entered everything in the exact format as needed on the original form. Took several pages, on top of each page mention your details like Name, UCI number and form number and form name (mine was Schedule A Background...and form number IMMxxxx).

In travel history and address/personal history let each month overlap with the other rows, so there are zero gaps. For e.g.: if one period/row is ending in June 2017, the previous/next row should begin from June 2017 the same month which leaves no gaps since exact date is not needed on the forms, only month and year.

For all details, explanations, continue the Word document and give all information or explanations you can, but don't repeat the same information.

On the actual form, put some words such as "3 PAGE DOCUMENT ATTACHED" either typed or handwritten. I hand signed the form as well as every page attached at the bottom before scanning and uploading as PDF format.
Wow Thank you for the tips. They are very helpful. Good luck!

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/hong-kong.asp

I can't do it without their request letter since Hong Kong police department won't accept informal request that isn't from CIC. So I am guess there is a chance they just don't need to for my application.
So they are in the procedure to identify if u need a hong kong pcc or not then. Wish you best luck :D

infix123

Jul 19, 2016
Hello House,

I got this message from CIC, " ...I have concerns with your foreign work experience because I am unable to verify, your previous employer, XXX using open source" , I am required to upload a letter of explanation to explain that I have worked in the organisation. what kind of letter should I upload? and also what is meant by "open source"

I need response as fast as I can get.

Thanks All

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hello House,

I got this message from CIC, " ...I have concerns with your foreign work experience because I am unable to verify, your previous employer, XXX using open source" , I am required to upload a letter of explanation to explain that I have worked in the organisation. what kind of letter should I upload? and also what is meant by "open source"

Thanks All
I think by open source they mean online search,social
Networks etc but am not sure

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello House,

Thanks All
Open Source means Google, or anything on the Internet. You just need to make a letter state that you will provide x, y, z documents for CIC. And explain why your company cannot find on open source. Is there any reason? Then, attach the letter with more stuff like organization chart, business card, tax papers, or anything, the more the better. Make it 1 file and upload it.

Reactions: Wolverine17

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello House,

Thanks All
Hi, infix,

May I please know what category you apply under? FSW or CEC? When you submit your application, did you upload emloyment letter with organization letterhead? Thank you!

Reactions: Gquest019

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello House,

Thanks All
Hi, infix,

May I please know what category you apply under? FSW or CEC? When you submit your application, did you upload emloyment letter with organization letterhead? Thank you!

Also, did you claim points for
Hello House,

Thanks All
Did you claim points for your foreign working experience?

infix123

Jul 19, 2016
Hi, infix,

Also, did you claim points for

Did you claim points for your foreign working experience?
My category is FSW-O, I uploaded my reference letter from employer and I claim point for foreign working experience

infix123

Jul 19, 2016
Thank you, I will do just that.
Open Source means Google, or anything on the Internet. You just need to make a letter state that you will provide x, y, z documents for CIC. And explain why your company cannot find on open source. Is there any reason? Then, attach the letter with more stuff like organization chart, business card, tax papers, or anything, the more the better. Make it 1 file and upload it.