+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I'm inclined to agree. I didn't see anything with my UMI number in the notes either, and since all that's included in the e-APR is a scanned PDF someone in the CIO or visa office has to manually associate the medical exam results with the application.

This also makes me wonder if US residents are treated as something other than FSW-O. May be FSW Inland?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Congratulations!! Now the process has started after so much wait, wish you a very speedy PPR!!
Keep us posted when your IP 1 starts. Congrats again on your first step post AOR.:):)
Will watch for IP1, after all its my worst nightmare, hope to squeeze in!

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel that it is unlikely to be an issue with the medical offices because they review things then and there and people get furtherance real quick.

I strongly feel that they might be sending their recommendations in emedical system once they finish reviewing someone's reports, and only when an visa adjudicating agent starts looking in to the someone's EE application, they either manually link emedical system or enters results from the emedical system to EE account. That's why everyone sees medical pass as their first step for the application. This is just my guess from what happens.

Also, I have seen through couple of GCMS notes' snapshots. There isn't any update in the report except medical passed. I think things related to medicals will start showing up in GCMS only after the medical results get linked to EE application.
Doesn't the applicant's initial screening of documents happen in a centralized place (Sydney) by the agent, before it is sent to the local visa office ?
Atleast some available agent should have been started adjudicating our files. It is really sad that they haven't touched the files to update the medicals.

Reactions: astralsource

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Hi guys, here's my timeline.. will appreciate your thoughts

AOR-8th of april/ FSW-O
request for designated individual forms- 8th of june, uploaded on the 10th
medical passed- 16th of june, and my background check box stated: your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
today my BG got updated to NA
Here's my current status, does this mean ip1 is completed?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yes your IP1 is done!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Doesn't the applicant's initial screening of documents happen in a centralized place (Sydney) by the agent, before it is sent to the local visa office ?
Atleast some available agent should have been started adjudicating our files. It is really sad that they haven't touched the files to update the medicals.

I believe they have some processing priority for picking up the files. CEC is first. FSW-O seems to be second. It could be followed by FSW Inland and FSW PNP. PNPs take 3 months just for medical passing.

This is another reason why US residents may not be FSW-O.

But don't worry.. it's just medical pass that takes time. Overall times are almost similar to FSWO.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe they have some processing priority for picking up the files. CEC is first. FSW-O seems to be second. It could be followed by FSW Inland and FSW PNP. PNPs take 3 months just for medical passing.

This is another reason why US residents may not be FSW-O.

But don't worry.. it's just medical pass that takes time. Overall times are almost similar to FSWO.
If you look at the previous months in Immitracker, the medicals for all FSW-O (irrespective of countries) go together. Last update on Medicals was on 06/06, that when the technical glitches started.

May be the agent processing US Applicant thought of taking a vacation until the technical glitches are resolved ;)

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hi @andy108 ! Can you elaborate when you say review and approval, as i was thinking that it (IP 2) is the eligibility check. By what you are saying it means that it is sort of a second check, and everything including eligibility is determined at IP 1 only? please reply, its important to know.

In conclusion IP 2 is approval of IP 1 i.e just a second check to ensure quality of IP 1 sort of?
What i am trying to say there are a lot of assumptions, without real transparency :)

IP2 usually comes before PPR within 5-10 days, that would usually mean someone opened the case to review the results of background check or do additional checks/verification. There is a big post by legalfalcon explaining this.