+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
FSW-O - US resd.
ITA- ~ Feb 10 2017
AOR- April 11 2017

Zero updates or messages since AOR as of 6/19/2017. Status looks exactly the same as it was on AOR day.
Hoping to see updates in the coming weeks.

shinene2020

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Northwest Territories
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi guys, here's my timeline.. will appreciate your thoughts

AOR-8th of april/ FSW-O
request for designated individual forms- 8th of june, uploaded on the 10th
medical passed- 16th of june, and my background check box stated: your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
today my BG got updated to NA
Here's my current status, does this mean ip1 is completed?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
FSW-O - US resd.
ITA- ~ Feb 10 2017
AOR- April 11 2017

Zero updates or messages since AOR as of 6/19/2017. Status looks exactly the same as it was on AOR day.
Hoping to see updates in the coming weeks.
Looks like US residents' cases always get delayed than other FSW when it comes to medical pass. I am April 24 AOR, nothing obviously yet.

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
I am a US citizen/resident and my application has had no updates since AOR. I shared this in the whatsapp group a few days ago:

I'm April 6 AOR, no UCI or medical pass yet. In May I ordered GCMS notes out of curiosity and received them on June 14. They were generated on June 1 and indicated that my application has not even been started. The only information included is related to the automatic calculation of eligibility upon AOR based on the information in my e-APR and my initial EE profile. So it seems like if you don't have a UCI assigned your R10 completeness check or eligibility assessment have not started either.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I am a US citizen/resident and my application has had no updates since AOR. I shared this in the whatsapp group a few days ago:

I'm April 6 AOR, no UCI or medical pass yet. In May I ordered GCMS notes out of curiosity and received them on June 14. They were generated on June 1 and indicated that my application has not even been started. The only information included is related to the automatic calculation of eligibility upon AOR based on the information in my e-APR and my initial EE profile. So it seems like if you don't have a UCI assigned your R10 completeness check or eligibility assessment have not started either.
Thanks for updating this.

It was the same case before as well. When FSW-O was taking 30 to 40 days for medical clear, it was taking 55-60 days for US applicants. I know two people from US in Feb and March respectively who got their meds cleared in 56 days or so. But from April, the delay has again started.

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
Thanks for updating this.

It was the same case before as well. When FSW-O was taking 30 to 40 days for medical clear, it was taking 55-60 days for US applicants. I know two people from US in Feb and March respectively who got their meds cleared in 56 days or so. But from April, the delay has again started.
Wonder if Ottawa RMO prioritizes inland medical exams...

From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp

The Panel Physician sends the completed immigration medical examination (IMM 1017E, IMM 5419E and other reports) to the appropriate CIC regional medical office. The CIC medical officer will conduct a review and assessment of the files. This process is referred to as an immigration medical assessment. Upon completion of this assessment, the regional medical office enters the result of these assessments in GCMS, which in turn notifies the responsible visa/immigration office.
Does anyone have GCMS notes with their medicals passed? If so, is there any indication of the notes provided by the medical officer and the timeline between when they were entered and when medicals were passed?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Passed Medical! 58th day from AOR!
UCI number visible. No change in BG check.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Wonder if Ottawa RMO prioritizes inland medical exams...

From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp

The Panel Physician sends the completed immigration medical examination (IMM 1017E, IMM 5419E and other reports) to the appropriate CIC regional medical office. The CIC medical officer will conduct a review and assessment of the files. This process is referred to as an immigration medical assessment. Upon completion of this assessment, the regional medical office enters the result of these assessments in GCMS, which in turn notifies the responsible visa/immigration office.
Does anyone have GCMS notes with their medicals passed? If so, is there any indication of the notes provided by the medical officer and the timeline between when they were entered and when medicals were passed?
I feel that it is unlikely to be an issue with the medical offices because they review things then and there and people get furtherance real quick.

I strongly feel that they might be sending their recommendations in emedical system once they finish reviewing someone's reports, and only when an visa adjudicating agent starts looking in to the someone's EE application, they either manually link emedical system or enters results from the emedical system to EE account. That's why everyone sees medical pass as their first step for the application. This is just my guess from what happens.

Also, I have seen through couple of GCMS notes' snapshots. There isn't any update in the report except medical passed. I think things related to medicals will start showing up in GCMS only after the medical results get linked to EE application.

Reactions: djm1414

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Passed Medical! 59th day from AOR!

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Congrats ! Finally!

Reactions: astralsource

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Passed Medical! 59th day from AOR!

Application status

Congratulations!! Now the process has started after so much wait, wish you a very speedy PPR!!
Keep us posted when your IP 1 starts. Congrats again on your first step post AOR.:):)

Reactions: astralsource

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
I feel that it is unlikely to be an issue with the medical offices because they review things then and there and people get furtherance real quick.

I strongly feel that they might be sending their recommendations in emedical system once they finish reviewing someone's reports, and only when an visa adjudicating agent starts looking in to the someone's EE application, they either manually link emedical system or enters results from the emedical system to EE account. That's why everyone sees medical pass as their first step for the application. This is just my guess from what happens.

Also, I have seen through couple of GCMS notes' snapshots. There isn't any update in the report except medical passed. I think things related to medicals will start showing up in GCMS only after the medical results get linked to EE application.
I'm inclined to agree. I didn't see anything with my UMI number in the notes either, and since all that's included in the e-APR is a scanned PDF someone in the CIO or visa office has to manually associate the medical exam results with the application.