+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

Lauren emilie

Apr 27, 2017
Usually medical is the first thing that's checked. In fact, correct me if i'm wrong, medical is part of the R10 completeness check?

Did you provide your medical up-front?
Did they ever send you to get additional medical done?

I would recommend you to call the CIC call centre to get an update.
If you're in Canada, i would also recommend you to get your GCMS notes. Here --> https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Medicals were provided up-front. And No messages or requests received at all. I phoned CIC two days ago and got them to look into the file. The agent told me that my application was received, and was in process of review. That is all he told me. I asked if there were any issues with any information missing and he said all documents are received, you are in process.
Then, today, the change happened in the "Additional Documents" tab where it went from being reviewed to received. I'm wondering if I pissed them off.

pchalla

Feb 27, 2015
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Just received the Golden Email!
86 days since AOR! Pretty quick, but man a stressful 3 months!

I wish everyone good luck and hope you all get the Golden Email in the very near future!
Congratulations. Did you submit any additional documents

shekers

Jul 1, 2017
Hi, Shekers,

From your notes, is eligibility check before criminality and security?

Is eligibility something separate from other check? The agent told me elgibility includes criminality and security, which I kind of doubt.

I called them a few days ago. The agent said my security has not started yet.

Thank you
Eligibility and Criminality and Security are 3 separate category within the notes. When it was printed, Eligibility was Recommended Pass, Criminality In Progress and Security Not Started. Now...Security will never say In Progress or Passed. I think it has to do with some sort of privacy law. When Security says "Not Started" it means In Progress and when Security is Blank, it means it's complete. At least that's what i've come across from other people's GCMS notes.

Criminality and Eligibility went into "In Progress" on the same date. But the eligibility was changed to "Recommend Passed" a month later, at which point Criminality was still in Progress.

From what I've seen, i do not believe Eligibility is the combination of those 3 things. I think it's a matter of how one interpret "eligibility" because you must pass all of those in order to be eligible. In my mind, the Criminality and Security is more Background check than eligibility...

shekers

Jul 1, 2017
Congratulations. Did you submit any additional documents
Yes, they requested IMM 5406E "Additional Family Infomation" on July 5th when my BGC went to NA. On the same day, we submitted the form and on the next day it went into IP2

On May 5th when my BGC went into IP1, they requested, IMM 5475 "AUTHORITY TO RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A DESIGNATED INDIVIDUAL"

It all seemed very random...the IM5406, i kind of get, they always ask for that when you get a new visa...but the IMM 5475 is weird...we didn't know what the purpose of that request was. We asked a consultant and he found it weird too.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Eligibility and Criminality and Security are 3 separate category within the notes. When it was printed, Eligibility was Recommended Pass, Criminality In Progress and Security Not Started. Now...Security will never say In Progress or Passed. I think it has to do with some sort of privacy law. When Security says "Not Started" it means In Progress and when Security is Blank, it means it's complete. At least that's what i've come across from other people's GCMS notes.

Criminality and Eligibility went into "In Progress" on the same date. But the eligibility was changed to "Recommend Passed" a month later, at which point Criminality was still in Progress.

From what I've seen, i do not believe Eligibility is the combination of those 3 things. I think it's a matter of how one interpret "eligibility" because you must pass all of those in order to be eligible. In my mind, the Criminality and Security is more Background check than eligibility...
Criminality has to do with your PCC and RCMP if requested.
Security doesn't start until criminality is passed.
While it's true that security will say "not started " even when started, you will see sub activity showing your security was sent to CSIS or in screening.
So when your criminality is in progress and security says "not started " it mostly always means "not started".

shekers

Jul 1, 2017
Medicals were provided up-front. And No messages or requests received at all. I phoned CIC two days ago and got them to look into the file. The agent told me that my application was received, and was in process of review. That is all he told me. I asked if there were any issues with any information missing and he said all documents are received, you are in process.
Then, today, the change happened in the "Additional Documents" tab where it went from being reviewed to received. I'm wondering if I pissed them off.
I feel your pain and stress. You submit something and it's just seems like it goes into a black-hole and you don't know what's going on.
I think there is a way to order GCMS notes even if you are outside of Canada, you will have to do some research there.
I think your only way to get a definitive answer is to order the GCMS notes...that takes 30 days, so i would order it now and hopefully you get some change in your profile soon.

If your background check changed to Not Applicable from In Progress, that usually is a good sign. It usually means your eligibility, criminality and security has been passed. The next stage would be to have the senior officer review.

But i don't want to give you false hope. There's so many ways the status can change on your profile. So i can't say for sure that's what happening to your profile. It is certainly strange your medical still hasn't passed and they did not ask for additional medical. If i am correct...medical is one of the first things that the officer looks at, and if there's been changes to your background check, i don't think you have to worry about your medical.

Reactions: astralsource

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017

I totally agree with you. Your explaination makes a lot of sense. It makes me feel the notes are so helpful. I kind of want to order too. But it has been some time already. Is there any point ordering it now?

I think when they check eligibility, that is when they verify work experience, right? What do you think? Does your note say anything about work experience verification?

So from your notes, do you think security is the last step of BG check? How long did your security check take please?

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
I totally agree with you. Your explaination makes a lot of sense. It makes me feel the notes are so helpful. I kind of want to order too. But it has been some time already. Is there any point ordering it now?

I think when they check eligibility, that is when they verify work experience, right? What do you think? Does your note say anything about work experience verification?

So from your notes, do you think security is the last step of BG check? How long did your security check take please?
Also, if criminality has passed already, does that mean highly possibly eligibility passed too? What is your opinion

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Criminality has to do with your PCC and RCMP if requested.
Security doesn't start until criminality is passed.
While it's true that security will say "not started " even when started, you will see sub activity showing your security was sent to CSIS or in screening.
So when your criminality is in progress and security says "not started " it mostly always means "not started".
They told me my criminality passed already. When I asked her about eligibility, she said that includes all. But I think eligibility means whether we are eligible for the program we applied for or not. Such as FSW, CEC. And when they check eligibility, they will make sure our scores are met etc.

I just do not know which order they do for eligibility, criminality and security. Any idea? And how long the security check may take?

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
They told me my criminality passed already. When I asked her about eligibility, she said that includes all. But I think eligibility means whether we are eligible for the program we applied for or not. Such as FSW, CEC. And when they check eligibility, they will make sure our scores are met etc.

I just do not know which order they do for eligibility, criminality and security. Any idea? And how long the security check may take?
Elligibility is in 2 phases: A case analyst will review and either reccomend pass or say "review required" which is the 1st phase.
The next phase is done by the officer who has the option to either agree with case analyst's recommenation or not.
As per security, nobody can say for sure how long: I have seen 11 days and I have seen 2 years.
As per elligibility order: I have noticed elligibility is usually completed by the time ur file is sent for security( although not always) except PNP in which I have noticed elligibility starts very much later.
On ur notes: you will see statements like "elligibility passed or met candidate" that is in reference to what you submitted.
You need to see the officers note or the first page on ur GCMS to know what actual elligibility is.