+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR from Delhi & Right of Permanent Resident Fee

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
Hi Guys,
Here are the dates of my wife's application:

June 23, 2009 - Application received at CPC-Missisauga
July 23 2009 - First Stage approval confirmed by a letter from CPC-M and application was forwarded to New Delhi.
August 10 2009 - Status in ecas "In Process".

My question is that will the New Delhi Visa office send a AOR to my wife? How does the New Delhi office work in regard? Has anyone in the forum sent the application to Delhi recently and if yes could you share your time frame?

Another thing is that, I did not pay Right of Permanent Resident (RPR) fee yet. I paid only $550 (475+75). I just realized that it was my mistake after seeing some posts on RPR. In order to avoid the delay, can I pay now? How can I do it? Where I will have to send the proof payment i.e (CPC-Missisauga or NewDelhi Visa Office).

Would appreciate if you guys can share your experience.

Thanks.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
New Delhi rarely sends out AOR letters, so I don't expect you to get one. On the plus side though, they're usually very quick with processing :)

Not sure about paying the fee now, maybe somebody else will have input on that. When you do pay it though, you should send the receipt to both Mississauga and New Delhi.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Delhi doesn't send an AOR for spousal applications because of the fast processing time. They only send AOR for family class applicants.

My husband's application was processed through Delhi. The application took 5 months in total, but that is with some delay because of an error on his original police certificate and he had to submit a 2nd one. Most applications are processed faster if there are no issues.

I'm sure you could still pay the RPR fee now but I'm not sure where you would send the proof. I assume you would send it to the New Delhi CHC.

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
My wife has been asked to send her passport to CHC Delhi. She was also asked to fill one form (Foreign Travel form). There are two tabled in the form. The first able asks for the principal applicant and the second for spouse/partner of the principal applicant to list all the foreign travel. I guess the second table is for me but I am wondering why do they ask that. We have already gave these information in one of the application forms. Any idea?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I paid the fee late, and it delayed us by a few weeks - my suggestion is to pay it ASAP, online with a credit card. You will receive a receipt via email. Fill in the details on that receipt, and send a fax to CPC-M: 905 803-7392, and send a case-specific inquiry with an attachment [pdf] of the receipt as well.

Always be sure to include your file number Bxxxxxxxxx on all correpsondence. Hopefully your file will not be further delayed!

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
Thanks Rasha.
I already paid online and sent the receipt to CPC-M last week but I sent it by mail. They should have received by now. But I will send it again by fax so that they receive it instant.

BTW, what do u mean by " send a case-specific inquiry with an attachment [pdf] of the receipt as well".

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
My wife has received her passport yesterday. It took exactly 98 days..Pretty fast I guess..
Thanks to Rasha, Ariell, and mitamata for advising me to pay RPR fee on time. That was a timely advice, otherwise things would have been delayed.