+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AoR for Spouse Sponsorship - CPC

onedp

Nov 26, 2020
I am living in Canada and I am trying to sponsor my wife (she's living outside of Canada). I sent in an application about 8 weeks ago (September 2020) to CPC but I have not received any AoR. The courier service said it was delivered but for peace of mind, an AoR would help.

I know the covid-19 situation has caused many delays but I am wondering if anyone here sent an application recently and got an AoR. I am trying to get an estimated wait time based on others' experiences. Also, if anyone has any advice, I would be grateful. Also, I am being patient :) ... just trying to get a sense of what is happening with others.

Thanks a lot everyone and stay safe.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I am living in Canada and I am trying to sponsor my wife (she's living outside of Canada). I sent in an application about 8 weeks ago (September 2020) to CPC but I have not received any AoR. The courier service said it was delivered but for peace of mind, an AoR would help.

I know the covid-19 situation has caused many delays but I am wondering if anyone here sent an application recently and got an AoR. I am trying to get an estimated wait time based on others' experiences. Also, if anyone has any advice, I would be grateful. Also, I am being patient :) ... just trying to get a sense of what is happening with others.

You have to wait for 5-6 months for AOR right now . Long wait bud ahead.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Damm! Thats long for an AoR. Thanks for the response. Give me a sense of what to expect going forward. Thank you.
You will get Aor along with biometrics request and medical. Later on your will approved as sponsor and at the end will ne decision made on application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume your application will take longer than 1 year. How much longer than 1 year will depend on where your spouse is from and if you have a long relationship history. If an interview is required there will be even more delays.

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Thank you very much for your help. Stay safe.
Hi... I applied to sponsor my husband in September 2020 as well. Please let me know when you receive AOR. Also, if there is anyone here who applied in June, July or August 2020, please let us know when you received your AORs. A step-by-step timeline of all stages of the application would help too. Thanks

onedp

Nov 26, 2020
Hi... I applied to sponsor my husband in September 2020 as well. Please let me know when you receive AOR. Also, if there is anyone here who applied in June, July or August 2020, please let us know when you received your AORs. A step-by-step timeline of all stages of the application would help too. Thanks
So far, nothing as yet. It has been a while. Let me know if you got anything as well. Thanks

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020

AOR nowadays is 6months.

onedp

Nov 26, 2020
I received a request to pay for biometrics and an application number was in the email. I assume they are working on applications from Septemver 2020. Any luck on your side?

MaameD

Sep 4, 2017

Received AOR today!
Application to sponsor dependent child sent 28th October 2020