+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

Veronicat2016

Oct 24, 2016
Hi,

I have lurked on this thread for a number of months now. Here is my timeline so far...

ITA - 23rd March
AOR - 25th April
Medicals - 3rd May
BG Check in progress - 2nd September

I really hope to be in Canada by January, but everyday I get no update on my application. Whilst I'm so happy for everyone here who has PPR, I'm starting to get a little frustrated! I am currently based in the UK, and I cannot get through to the phone numbers posted on this forum. Please keep me in your thoughts!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Veronicat2016 said:
Hi,

I have lurked on this thread for a number of months now. Here is my timeline so far...

ITA - 23rd March
AOR - 25th April
Medicals - 3rd May

I really hope to be in Canada by January, but everyday I get no update on my application. Whilst I'm so happy for everyone here who has PPR, I'm starting to get a little frustrated! I am currently based in the UK, and I cannot get through to the phone numbers posted on this forum. Please keep me in your thoughts!
Thanks for joining us!!!

Have you ordered notes to see where the application stands currently? And what category have you applied under?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Veronicat2016 said:
Hi,

ITA - 23rd March
AOR - 25th April
Medicals - 3rd May

Guess you are busy...try this number... +1 (613) 944-4000 option 1 for immigration...I doubt they will be able to help..becasue I am assuming your LVO is London...but you never know, it may be Ottawa as well...take a chance, fastest way to find out, i guess

Hope this helps!

Veronicat2016

Oct 24, 2016
lazybone said:
Thanks for joining us!!!

Have you ordered notes to see where the application stands currently? And what category have you applied under?
I am FSW Outland. I haven't ordered my GCMS notes yet, I've only looked at one website that charges $40!

Veronicat2016

Oct 24, 2016
lazybone said:
Guess you are busy...try this number... +1 (613) 944-4000 option 1 for immigration...I doubt they will be able to help..becasue I am assuming your LVO is London...but you never know, it may be Ottawa as well...take a chance, fastest way to find out, i guess

Hope this helps!
That is the number I have tried. I get the message "all of our agents are busy right now, please try again later," and then it hangs up. Is London generally a slow visa office?

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
lazybone said:
thank you HKK...apologies for the late response...i did not have access to a system until late last night...I am copying my landing experience from my original post in the passports to CPC-O in October thread..

"Thanks guys!! Apologies for the late reply. I just got home now.

My spouse and me did our landing at the border. Planned to land immediately after the arrival of our passports/COPR to avoid delays getting the PRC and ending the process as soon as possible.

Docs I took were the following:

1. 2 photos for each of us
2. Updated POF
3. Employment letters and 4 paystubs for both of us
4. COPR and passport

Items 1,2,3 she glanced through saying she doesnt need it and gave it back to us.

But she asked us the statutory questions-

Have you been convicted of any crime?
Have you been refused entry to Canada or any other country?

The first question was a NO for both of us

In regards to the second question -although I have never had prior refusals, my spouse had 2 prior refusals for her SOWP...third time it worked..

So the officer asked us to produce those refusal letters..my wife began frantically searching for them on her phone..

I had ordered gcms after my spouse's second refusal and had them in my email, so i asked her-"ma'm will gcms on the prior refusals work"? She said yes..

She took a lot of time going thru it and asking us questions along the way..i almost had a silent heart attack but i managed to compose myself while answering her questions

After she was done, she asked us to wait for ten mins where she did something on her computer as we waited..my wife waited inside and i went out for a smoke

Then finally, after a smile and a handshake, she had us sign and muttered-WELCOME TO CANADA, your cards will be delivered in approx 8 weeks to your home address..

End of story!!!!!! :)"
Good to hear your experience.. glad it went smooth in the end... all's well that ends well..

Congrats again!!

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
lazybone said:
My spouse and me did our landing at the border. Planned to land immediately after the arrival of our passports/COPR to avoid delays getting the PRC and ending the process as soon as possible.

Great experience... Thanks for sharing :)

May422

May 5, 2016
lazybone said:
thank you HKK...apologies for the late response...i did not have access to a system until late last night...I am copying my landing experience from my original post in the passports to CPC-O in October thread..

"Thanks guys!! Apologies for the late reply. I just got home now.

Docs I took were the following:

1. 2 photos for each of us
2. Updated POF
3. Employment letters and 4 paystubs for both of us
4. COPR and passport

Items 1,2,3 she glanced through saying she doesnt need it and gave it back to us.

But she asked us the statutory questions-

Have you been convicted of any crime?
Have you been refused entry to Canada or any other country?

The first question was a NO for both of us

In regards to the second question -although I have never had prior refusals, my spouse had 2 prior refusals for her SOWP...third time it worked..

So the officer asked us to produce those refusal letters..my wife began frantically searching for them on her phone..

I had ordered gcms after my spouse's second refusal and had them in my email, so i asked her-"ma'm will gcms on the prior refusals work"? She said yes..

She took a lot of time going thru it and asking us questions along the way..i almost had a silent heart attack but i managed to compose myself while answering her questions

After she was done, she asked us to wait for ten mins where she did something on her computer as we waited..my wife waited inside and i went out for a smoke

Then finally, after a smile and a handshake, she had us sign and muttered-WELCOME TO CANADA, your cards will be delivered in approx 8 weeks to your home address..

Congratulations Lazyboy!!!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will definitely bring the letter when the refused a visa in 2011 just to avoid any problems at the time of my landing.

Welcome to Canada as Permanent Resident :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
svg_dxb said:
Good to hear your experience.. glad it went smooth in the end... all's well that ends well..

Congrats again!!
May422 said:
Congratulations Lazyboy!!!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I will definitely bring the letter when the refused a visa in 2011 just to avoid any problems at the time of my landing.

Welcome to Canada as Permanent Resident :)
Thank you!!!! :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Veronicat2016 said:
I am FSW Outland. I haven't ordered my GCMS notes yet, I've only looked at one website that charges $40!
I think it is your only option at this point- ordering notes if you wanted an update.

London is not really slow. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow but usually fast.

That is, only if London is processing. If might be another VO altogether. The notes will indicate which VO.

Best wishes!

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
lazybone said:
Totally unrelated..but i thought i should post here first..

Landed:eek:ct/22 as PR AOR apr/06

Wishing everyone waiting all the best..

to our thread-i could not have made it without anyone of you..very grateful, very humbled thru it all..

a very big thank you to all..

THANK YOU!!! :)
hey lazybone.. congrats.. it seems you got your COPR and PP back really soon.. how was ur landing exp?? what documents did they ask for? did they ask for any financial? i declared 10K for my application, but I dont have that much in my account anymore.. will it be ok? i am cec inland...

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
vinitmenon said:
hey lazybone.. congrats.. it seems you got your COPR and PP back really soon.. how was ur landing exp?? what documents did they ask for? did they ask for any financial? i declared 10K for my application, but I dont have that much in my account anymore.. will it be ok? i am cec inland...

Hey Vinit...thanks buddy...congratulations to you too

I posted my landing experience a couple of posts above. Personally, I think you should carry POF- just to be on the safe side. Like all I carried with me, were 2 photos for my spouse and me, COPR/passports, updated POF and employment letters.

The BSO just wanted our COPR and passports, and requested for refusal letters pertaining to my wifes SOWP. It kinda caught me off guard.

It all depends on the BSO. It seemed to me, you have to 'satisfy' them one last time during landing.

I know since you are CEC, the chances of POF are less- however I was reading somewhere on May or June thread that a CEC inland also got requested for POF

Let me see if I can find that thread for you

Best wishes brother!!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
@vinit

here it is buddy:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-may-2016-join-here-t411886.810.html

LMIA are exempt from POF as well doesnt matter if you're CEC or FSW...the person trying to help offered wrong info

hope this helps!! :)