+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:
Lol! How do you qualify that statement... "Everyone on this forum is well educated?"

Not sure what part of the math you find 'useless' ...it just makes the point that unnecessary calls = resources, people or money that could be used by IRCC to processs applications quicker or within target periods.

I have no problem with necessary contact. But IRCC themselves are now asking people to stop unnecessary contact. All I am saying is adhere to what the IRCC say and we will all get applications processed quicker.
I disagree.. I get the maths part but the logic is skewed..kpi's have have nothing to do with calling cic call centre and it has everything to do with processing..

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
lazybone said:
What resources are you tying up by making a call sending an email? Calling the call centre has no bearing on "processing" because they are all different departments- for example, call centre, CIO sydney, CPC vegreville, CPC ottawa, CSIS, atip, fees, etc...

For different stages of the application, different offices process..

Although i havent called a call centre till now..if i do..please explain to me how it affects the processing of my application? Because the call centre agent is NOT the officer processing the application..

In regards to notes, a dept called atip processes it..as the notes are electronic..the atip officer prints everything out.. Checks for pages where on top right hand corner sections are mentioned and blanks the info..scans it and sends it out..again a different dept

Secondly, by and large from what i have seen call centre agents arent nice and the info that give is incorrect and misleading...but also, there are testimonials of others where they called the call centre and got helpful info..im not sure what the call centre agents are allowed/ not allowed to say and im sure you wont too..but by taking a "chance" and calling them..someone might get some positive info..

I dont know what gives smoggie and you a right to call people names-but this is unfair to everyone here..nothing (including strongly standing up for your point of view) gives you a right to disrespect others thoughts and actions.. I mean feel free to opinionate/help others here but why name-calling?

Can you really control thoughts and actions of others???? If thats your hope here then grow up buddy...
Ok point taken - I will try to be nice - lol!!

I take where you are going with your call centre argument... but it still falls short. IRCC have a budget. If that budget gets deflected from their primary duty of processing applications and they need to employ more people taking calls, when they could have spent that same money on processing agents... then it will slow down our application and future applications will also be slowed down.

If people follow IRCC guidelines, then resources will be correctly allocated and KPI's on processing met for more applicants. When IRCC resources are utilized incorrectly, they do not get an increased budget, but have to spend their precious dollars elsewhere on resources other than front line agents processing applications.

That's is my last comment on this matter.

Always respect your points Lazybones.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:
Ok point taken - I will try to be nice - lol!!

I take where you are going with your call centre argument... but it still falls short. IRCC have a budget. If that budget gets deflected from their primary duty of processing applications and they need to employ more people taking calls, when they could have spent that same money on processing agents... then it will slow down our application and future applications will also be slowed down.

If people follow IRCC guidelines, then resources will be correctly allocated and KPI's on processing met for more applicants. When IRCC resources are utilized incorrectly, they do not get an increased budget, but have to spend their precious dollars elsewhere on resources other than front line agents processing applications.

That's is my last comment on this matter.

Always respect your points Lazybones.
Point taken as well..well said..but there is a lot of speculation..giving you a realistic example... Ask anyone from NDVO if they have a number to contact..who picks up that number..what reply do you get when you send an email to NDVO..
Im assuming NDVOs budget was really low that they hired only processing officers and no call centre(service support) agents to meet the kpis..

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
smoggie said:
IRCC have a budget. If that budget gets deflected from their primary duty of processing applications and they need to employ more people taking calls, when they could have spent that same money on processing agents... then it will slow down our application and future applications will also be slowed down.
There is no link between one and the other, it's different department and budget.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
There is no link between one and the other, it's different department and budget.
Sorry ?

Take a 50,000 ft look at the situation; the Canadian government allocates the budget... it has a set amount of tax payers dollars to spend.The IRCC has a fixed budget allocated, which is divided up into different departments or Business Units. If one department has to spend more on SG&A cost because of extra workload, SG&A costs get cut from another department. It is not a bottomless pit for the IRCC.

Almost all the departments we are discussing fall within the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada'a budget. Explain why it would not be related? Do you honestly think that one department is allowed to have a runaway on costs, whilst the other departments all sit there with their 'ring fenced' protected SG&A budgets?

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smoggie said:
Sorry ?

Take a 50,000 ft look at the situation; the Canadian government allocates the budget... it has a set amount of tax payers dollars to spend.The IRCC has a fixed budget allocated, which is divided up into different departments or Business Units. If one department has to spend more on SG&A cost because of extra workload, SG&A costs get cut from another department. It is not a bottomless pit for the IRCC.

Almost all the departments we are discussing fall within the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada'a budget. Explain why it would not be related? Do you honestly think that one department is allowed to have a runaway on costs, whilst the other departments all sit there with their 'ring fenced' protected SG&A budgets?
Sorry but i don't know what you are trying to prove here. I like this thread and i check this thread every hour becoz any update on this thread gives me positive energy.
But your comments on this thread since yesterday are very disturbing. would you mind starting a new thread on this form with your opinions and leave this thread for its original purpose.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Preet_S said:
Sorry but i don't know what you are trying to prove here. I like this thread and i check this thread every hour becoz any update on this thread gives me positive energy.
But your comments on this thread since yesterday are very disturbing. would you mind starting a new thread on this form with your opinions and leave this thread for its original purpose.
Ahhh poor Preet, do you need a hug? I am sorry that you are disturbed and don't understand.

As Bob Marley once said "Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!" ;D

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:
Ahhh poor Preet, do you need a hug? I am sorry that you are disturbed.

As Bob Marley once said "Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!" ;D
Smoggie brother...big hug from me..now please relax..

Peace!

RyanGiggs011

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Salt lake
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
newcecapplicant said:
Folks, May I have the link to the April excel sheet. Ryan Giggs could you post it for me please?

thank you kindly
Hi newcecapplicant,

Added your details to sheet.

Regards
Ryan

Helen33

Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Thanks giving everyone!
Let's set down and looking forward the hopeful coming week! PPR rain for the rest of April AORs!!

greengoo5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received PPR on 04th October. Submitted Passports to VFS on 05th October. Kindly update the tracker.

CPC-Ottawa