+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
GARJ said:
Calm down dude, geez. Those agents being pestered won't have ANY impact on your application process.

I am very calm, don't worry about me.

I am somewhat worried about your lack of ability to work out that people making multiple (unnecessary) phone calls to IRCC does not in someway impact (delay) all of our applications... IRCC have only a finite amount of resources.

Let me help you with the math; if every PR applicant (2016 target 330k) makes on average two (unnecessary) calls to IRCC during their application, then IRCC need to handle an extra 660k calls, above and beyond all the legitimate call. There are 252 working days in a year, less 4 weeks holiday = 224 days, or 1,680 hrs p.a. based on a 7.5 hrs working day. If each call takes 5 minutes, that means one agent can handle 12 calls per hour, or 20,160 calls p.a. Divide the number of calls above by the capacity of each agent and you will realise that you would need 33 agents (allowing for rounding up) just to handle phone calls. This is in a perfect world, not allowing for sick time, meetings, bathroom breaks or process inefficiencies. You would need at least 33 agents working full-time just to handle all the uneessary calls. These agents could instead be working on processing our applications!

The above also does not consider people contacting IRCC via email, CSE's or GCMS. It also does not consider the fact that IRCC handles many other different applications such as Citzenship and eTA.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I think it is perfectly fair for people to get GCMS notes after 3-6 months (once), if there is a concern raised in your GCMS notes, try to correct by using CSE as requested by IRCC. If you circumstances change, contact IRCC by CSE.

If you are anxious and feel like contacting IRCC prior to six months via email, CSE or phone just to put your mind at rest, you are taking resources away from IRCC either directly or indirectly and that is helping to slow down applications for everyone. Hopefully the above rudimentary math helps you to understand this! Calling IRCC multiple times just because you can and encouraging others, by releasing phone numbers and ways to bypass recorded messages aimed at discouraging people from contacting IRCC is both ignorant and selfish of people, period!

Why an earth do you think IRCC are telling people to STOP calling, or contacting them unecessarily, do you think it is just for the fun of it?

.... and calm!

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
RG_Ind said:
I do agree with you to disagree. Just because I said I called them and said everything fine doesn't mean that am calling them for fun. I have my own reasons to
raise a CSE and or call IRCC. Everyone else has a different application and life situation right. In my case I wanted to make sure they accepted my additional docs
and too know the progress to seek clarification on a business trip coming in November, and I don't see anything wrong in calling them. And the important thing is that am not calling them
everyday :) just two time in last six months!!
From what I see, I believe you had valid reasons for contacting IRCC, from what you say in your posts. Your GCMS notes raised a flag and you contacted IRCC to correct.

It is others that are making multiple unecessary calls that are just calling to check progress, or alleviate anxiety. If we all did that, as some people promote, we would screw the application system completely.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:
From what I see, I believe you had valid reasons for contacting IRCC, from what you say in your posts. Your GCMS notes raised a flag and you contacted IRCC to correct.

It is others that are making multiple unecessary calls that are just calling to check progress, or alleviate anxiety. If we all did that, as some people promote, we would screw the application system completely.
Chill!!!!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Smoggie ..i respect you man and your opinion but this is no way to react..chill out man..i told you before that people may disagree with you but dont go offensive dude..

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
smoggie said:
Oh my word! I cannot believe that some people do not get it yet! Agents will say anything to get you off the phone, sometimes politely - giving 'helpful' information, other times they are just rude. In both instances the information is generic and does not guarantee you anything... to that extent I am pretty sure most 'advice' is made up!---> even you dont know that for sure

If you take a look at the responses from CSE's .....IRCC are starting to tell people to stop contacting them, specifically stating that they will not respond to duplicate requests.

Why are people still doing this? Especially those who are still within 6 months - YOU SHOULD NOT PHONE, EMAIL or SEND a CSE, unless urgently required because of an error, or a change in circumstances.--> coz they will, dont matter what you say

As the IRCC advice states; be patient and stop communicating with IRCC unnecessarily. You are impacting the ability of IRCC to process our applications. STOP it you ignorant, selfish, stupid people!!! You know who you are !!
---> this last statement is plain wrong....

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smoggie said:

I am somewhat worried about your lack of ability to work out that people making multiple (unnecessary) phone calls to IRCC does not in someway impact (delay) all of our applications... IRCC have only a finite amount of resources.

Let me help you with the math; if every PR applicant (2016 target 330k) makes on average two (unnecessary) calls to IRCC during their application, then IRCC need to handle an extra 660k calls, above and beyond all the legitimate call. There are 252 working days in a year, less 4 weeks holiday = 224 days, or 1,680 hrs p.a. based on a 7.5 hrs working day. If each call takes 5 minutes, that means one agent can handle 12 calls per hour, or 20,160 calls p.a. Divide the number of calls above by the capacity of each agent and you will realise that you would need 33 agents (allowing for rounding up) just to handle phone calls. This is in a perfect world, not allowing for sick time, meetings, bathroom breaks or process inefficiencies. You would need at least 33 agents working full-time just to handle all the uneessary calls. These agents could instead be working on processing our applications!

The above also does not consider people contacting IRCC via email, CSE's or GCMS. It also does not consider the fact that IRCC handles many other different applications such as Citzenship and eTA.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I think it is perfectly fair for people to get GCMS notes after 3-6 months (once), if there is a concern raised in your GCMS notes, try to correct by using CSE as requested by IRCC. If you circumstances change, contact IRCC by CSE.

If you are anxious and feel like contacting IRCC prior to six months via email, CSE or phone just to put your mind at rest, you are taking resources away from IRCC either directly or indirectly and that is helping to slow down applications for everyone. Hopefully the above rudimentary math helps you to understand this! Calling IRCC multiple times just because you can and encouraging others, by releasing phone numbers and ways to bypass recorded messages aimed at discouraging people from contacting IRCC is both ignorant and selfish of people, period!

Why an earth do you think IRCC are telling people to STOP calling, or contacting them unecessarily, do you think it is just for the fun of it?

.... and calm!
You clearly aren't calm, and I'm definitely not worried about you. You on the other hand shouldn't be worried about my apprent lack of ability to work out your point of view. I haven't felt the need to call IRCC or request notes during my application process, but I don't agree or approve your vendetta against those that have.

You've got nice math skills, but they're all just speculation, and your rant still doesn't take into account that the agents taking calls aren't visa officers. They are just agents in a call centre bud, they aren't the ones processing applications ::)

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
Fair point. But what about CIC having to dedicate more resources than required to the call center. Resources, if people weren't so impatient and ungrateful, could have been dedicated to processing applications. By resources I mean, both financial and human.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
GARJ said:
You clearly aren't calm, and I'm definitely not worried about you. You on the other hand shouldn't be worried about my apprent lack of ability to work out your point of view. I haven't felt the need to call IRCC or request notes during my application process, but I don't agree or approve your vendetta against those that have.

You've got nice math skills, but they're all just speculation, and your rant still doesn't take into account that the agents taking calls aren't visa officers. They are just agents in a call centre bud, they aren't the ones processing applications ::)
+1

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smoggie said:

Let me help you with the math; if every PR applicant (2016 target 330k) makes on average two (unnecessary) calls to IRCC during their application, then IRCC need to handle an extra 660k calls, above and beyond all the legitimate call. There are 252 working days in a year, less 4 weeks holiday = 224 days, or 1,680 hrs p.a. based on a 7.5 hrs working day. If each call takes 5 minutes, that means one agent can handle 12 calls per hour, or
20,160 calls p.a. Divide the number of calls above by the capacity of each agent and you will realise that you would need 33 agents (allowing for rounding up) just to handle phone calls. This is in a perfect world, not allowing for sick time, meetings, bathroom breaks or process inefficiencies. You would need at least 33 agents working full-time just to handle all the uneessary calls. These agents could instead be working on processing our applications!

.... and calm!
Everyone on this form is well educated and know very well when to contact IRCC based on their personal situation.Stop making useless calculations.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Preet_S said:
Everyone on this form is well educated and know very well when to contact IRCC based on their personal situation.Stop making useless calculations.
Lol! How do you qualify that statement... "Everyone on this forum is well educated?"

Not sure what part of the math you find 'useless' ...it just makes the point that unnecessary calls = resources, people or money that could be used by IRCC to processs applications quicker or within target periods.

I have no problem with necessary contact. But IRCC themselves are now asking people to stop unnecessary contact. All I am saying is adhere to what the IRCC say and we will all get applications processed quicker.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
amodmallya said:
Fair point. But what about CIC having to dedicate more resources than required to the call center. Resources, if people weren't so impatient and ungrateful, could have been dedicated to processing applications. By resources I mean, both financial and human.
+1 exactly!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
amodmallya said:
What resources are you tying up by making a call sending an email? Calling the call centre has no bearing on "processing" because they are all different departments- for example, call centre, CIO sydney, CPC vegreville, CPC ottawa, CSIS, atip, fees, etc...

For different stages of the application, different offices process..

Although i havent called a call centre till now..if i do..please explain to me how it affects the processing of my application? Because the call centre agent is NOT the officer processing the application..

In regards to notes, a dept called atip processes it..as the notes are electronic..the atip officer prints everything out.. Checks for pages where on top right hand corner sections are mentioned and blanks the info..scans it and sends it out..again a different dept

Secondly, by and large from what i have seen call centre agents arent nice and the info that give is incorrect and misleading...but also, there are testimonials of others where they called the call centre and got helpful info..im not sure what the call centre agents are allowed/ not allowed to say and im sure you wont too..but by taking a "chance" and calling them..someone might get some positive info..

I dont know what gives smoggie and you a right to call people names-but this is unfair to everyone here..nothing (including strongly standing up for your point of view) gives you a right to disrespect others thoughts and actions.. I mean feel free to opinionate/help others here but why name-calling?

Can you really control thoughts and actions of others???? If thats your hope here then grow up buddy...