+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

bobsun

Aug 3, 2016
smo1000 said:
Bobsun, this is a fairly unique situation. Not having original documents will make it much more difficult at the border, but not impossible. I would be hesitant to flagpole without it, as the border officer could just refuse you and then you would be on a visitor visa.
I recall for the IEC visas, that if your passport was due to expire before the two years the visa gives you, you would just lose the extra time. You could not go back and get them later. I am not certain on this however.
While you say the trip is important, it would want to be extremely important to make me leave.
Having a consultation with a lawyer might be a good idea to see where your options are. They would usually cost $200-300.
thank you smo1000, i still have the copy of the valid PGWP, which even says subject to extension if passport renewed. the passport is renewed, which i have used to apply PR, AOR april 6th. my TRV for this PGWP is also valid till 9th Sept 2016. I guess they can check the system and find out that i have lost the original, RCMP file number is available. I have made the application for my PGWP extension as i got 18months PGWP instead of 36months. let me see what happens.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
bobsun said:
thank you smo1000, i still have the copy of the valid PGWP, which even says subject to extension if passport renewed. the passport is renewed, which i have used to apply PR, AOR april 6th. my TRV for this PGWP is also valid till 9th Sept 2016. I guess they can check the system and find out that i have lost the original, RCMP file number is available. I have made the application for my PGWP extension as i got 18months PGWP instead of 36months. let me see what happens.
Hi Bobsun....I am not sure if the BSO will request you for your PGWP or not...but when you do your landing/flagpoling with your COPR...all other WPs/PGWPs etc become invalid(null and void)...im not a 100%..maybe seniors can advise...

smo1000

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsun said:
Good to know that you can extend it. And having a copy of the original, along with the case number of reporting it lost is good. That would make it much easier to talk with a border agent. Let's hope you get your COPR before October, so you do not have to worry about this.

bobsun

Aug 3, 2016
lazybone said:
Hi Bobsun....I am not sure if the BSO will request you for your PGWP or not...but when you do your landing/flagpoling with your COPR...all other WPs/PGWPs etc become invalid(null and void)...im not a 100%..maybe seniors can advise...
thank you lazybone, i am still waiting for COPR, i am an april 6th aor candidate, I have been travelling out of canada frequently, BSO have always asked for a WP to enter.

bobsun

Aug 3, 2016
smo1000 said:
Good to know that you can extend it. And having a copy of the original, along with the case number of reporting it lost is good. That would make it much easier to talk with a border agent. Let's hope you get your COPR before October, so you do not have to worry about this.
I am hopeful of getting COPR before my documents expire, but i have heard that if you eligible for PGWP or extension, one can just flagpole and get their PGWP or the remaining of PGWP at the border.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
bobsun said:
I am hopeful of getting COPR before my documents expire, but i have heard that if you eligible for PGWP or extension, one can just flagpole and get their PGWP or the remaining of PGWP at the border.
youre very welcome! do you plan on re entering Canada prior to receiving COPR or do your landing directly at a port of entry? if you ask me personally...I'd be a little hesitant to leave....additionally, if you have LMIA and you are CEC, you can get WP Extension at any border(I believe)
as smo1000 rightly said, you might have your PPR/COPR before October so you don't have to worry about all this...

BTW, I don't know if you have noticed- smo1000 you and me- we are all AOR april/6th ;)

smo1000

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsun said:
My visa is up the same day, and my AOR is the same day, so I hope we both get it before. I am going BOWP instead. But the more you describe it, the more likely it seems you should be okay. What have others done to extend PGWP? Any additional paperwork, or just flagpole?

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Passed
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Did you get your GCMS notes?

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
smo1000 said:
My visa is up the same day, and my AOR is the same day, so I hope we both get it before. I am going BOWP instead. But the more you describe it, the more likely it seems you should be okay. What have others done to extend PGWP? Any additional paperwork, or just flagpole?
After my BOWP was approved in myCIC website, I received Open Work Permit by mail. It took about 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
smo1000 said:
After you apply for BOWP, you will be under implied status if your PGWP expires. It took about 2 weeks for my BOWP to be approved online.

smo1000

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JP_IndoCan said:
Did you get your GCMS notes?
I applied for my GCMS notes. I have not received them yet. I expect them next week.
I applied July 27 for BOWP. I would like to have it approved before I go on to implied status, but I am aware that I will be okay if it takes longer. I did it online, so it should only take 33 days or so.

bobsun

Aug 3, 2016
lazybone said:
youre very welcome! do you plan on re entering Canada prior to receiving COPR or do your landing directly at a port of entry? if you ask me personally...I'd be a little hesitant to leave....additionally, if you have LMIA and you are CEC, you can get WP Extension at any border(I believe)
as smo1000 rightly said, you might have your PPR/COPR before October so you don't have to worry about all this...

BTW, I don't know if you have noticed- smo1000 you and me- we are all AOR april/6th ;)
here is the thing i would love to enter canada after COPR, but if the PPR is pushed towards the end of september, it will get late for me to apply for aTRV to travel outside canada. I dont have a LMIA, i am a CEC candidate. Lets see what happens.

bobsun

Aug 3, 2016
smo1000 said:
I know people who have got their PGWP from border after waiting for months to get it online, but they did that before the study permit actually expires. i would have to apply BOWP after i complete 36 months on my PGWP. all others have just went to border to get the PGWP, none of them had apply for an extension as passport expired.

randamfiles

Jun 2, 2016
I'm looking for information for BOWP. but Not getting any guidance. when I start applying, it as for open work permit. but there is confusion if I need to provide letter of employment.