+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Nash1197 said:
Thank you.... i just downloaded the form and on top it's written that
"The principal applicant, their spouse and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form"

So now I am a bit confused whether only i have to fill it or my spouse also on her behalf as the letter stated only as below.
"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
 9****** - NAME:
> Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures This must be received at this office by:

(Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)
All requested documents must be submitted via the upload portals within your MyCIC account."
Its a simple fix brother...

You will fill yours..spouse will fill hers..kids (if any over 18 years will fill theirs)....then upload via mycic along with copy of your spouses passport..make it is all in one pdf...

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Nash1197 said:
And additionally it states the below:

"All requested documents must be submitted via the upload portals within your MyCIC account.
Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section"

~~ so does that mean I have to upload it on CIC as well as send hard copies to the High commission/ Embassy? Anyone had this same situation?
No hardcopy required...

Nash1197

Apr 17, 2016
lazybone said:
Its a simple fix brother...

You will fill yours..spouse will fill hers..kids (if any over 18 years will fill theirs)....then upload via mycic along with copy of your spouses passport..make it is all in one pdf...
But Lazybone, I am the only one travelling (if i get through that is).. so how will she fill the form as in again the applicant portion would be my name... spouse would be her name... and parents would be the names of her parents... how will CIC be able to differentiate between the my form which will be earlier scanned and then followed by my wife's as there is no header?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Nash1197 said:
But Lazybone, I am the only one travelling (if i get through that is).. so how will she fill the form as in again the applicant portion would be my name... spouse would be her name... and parents would be the names of her parents... how will CIC be able to differentiate between the my form which will be earlier scanned and then followed by my wife's as there is no header?
Who have they requested the document for? Yourself?

Nash1197

Apr 17, 2016
lazybone said:
Who have they requested the document for? Yourself?
Below is the exact statement in the letter

"This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
 9****** - MY NAME:
> Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures This must be received at this office by:

All requested documents must be submitted via the upload portals within your MyCIC account."

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Nash1197 said:
Below is the exact statement in the letter

"This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
 9****** - MY NAME:

Then you have to submit...

Hate to ask but why isnt your spouse accompanying you? You do realise spousal sponsorship takes almost 2 years..

Nash1197

Apr 17, 2016
lazybone said:
Then you have to submit...

Hate to ask but why isnt your spouse accompanying you? You do realise spousal sponsorship takes almost 2 years..
Yeah that's what even I had concluded... but needed a confirmation that I should be the only one filling and sending across the form

Well we both can't leave our jobs and give this a try... one of us will have to be backup here in India for the other, if it doesn't work out for the good there.... would be taking too much of a chance for both of us to leave our decent level jobs for the as of now unknown :(

shammi.polen

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07/04/2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
14-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Hi there you all,

We have received our passport and CORP exactly after 4 weeks on the 16th November. :) Thank god for that.

Now if anyone can help with the three things I am wondering about.

1) My CoRP says my landing destination is Ontario, Torronto. Now if I want to change it to Vancouver, BC how would I do so? My sister-in-law lives there and we are thinking initially to join them for the time being.

2) Apart from the around CAD 1000 paid for RRFP, do we have to pay any additional "Landing Fee" upon arrival?

3) Do we need to show the proof of fund upon arrival as well? How so? We will be bringing cash, do we need to bring our bank statement as well?

I would really really appreciate some guidance. I am FSW1, visa office - SGVO and for the rest of the timeline please see my profile.

Kind Regards,

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Nash1197 said:
Yeah that's what even I had concluded... but needed a confirmation that I should be the only one filling and sending across the form

Well we both can't leave our jobs and give this a try... one of us will have to be backup here in India for the other, if it doesn't work out for the good there.... would be taking too much of a chance for both of us to leave our decent level jobs for the as of now unknown :(
Yes, they are asking you for the form so that you can sponsor here brother...

Look bro.. two years is a very long time..heres another alternative...add her to your app once you get PPR..takes about a month more..then, both of you guys land together..she goes back home while you start afresh here.. Its way simpler than starting a whole new application..

Whats your sector brother?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
shammi.polen said:
Hi there you all,

We have received our passport and CORP exactly after 4 weeks on the 16th November. :) Thank god for that.

Now if anyone can help with the three things I am wondering about.

1) My CoRP says my landing destination is Ontario, Torronto. Now if I want to change it to Vancouver, BC how would I do so? My sister-in-law lives there and we are thinking initially to join them for the time being. ---- if you not have pnp you can land anywhere you want

2) Apart from the around CAD 1000 paid for RRFP, do we have to pay any additional "Landing Fee" upon arrival? No

3) Do we need to show the proof of fund upon arrival as well? How so? We will be bringing cash, do we need to bring our bank statement as well? Yes, might be required or asked for...its a little tricky..but will explain in next post

I would really really appreciate some guidance. I am FSW1, visa office - SGVO and for the rest of the timeline please see my profile.

Kind Regards,

Nash1197

Apr 17, 2016
lazybone said:
Yes, they are asking you for the form so that you can sponsor here brother...

Look bro.. two years is a very long time..heres another alternative...add her to your app once you get PPR..takes about a month more..then, both of you guys land together..she goes back home while you start afresh here.. Its way simpler than starting a whole new application..

Whats your sector brother?
Sponsor her... that's why they are asking for the form? Now i am a bit confused? I think I am a long way away from a PPR... well that's my conclusion :D

Add her to my app after i get PPR... ok will do... i think i will surely be right back here asking you for help on how to go about doing that...coz 2 years would be a really LOOONG time

By sector you mean? Sorry I am not too updated as for 6 months i didn't hear anything and out of the blue this mail came.... so I am a bit rusty and also overall a bit blank with the whole process terminologies :-[

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Nash1197 said:
Sponsor her... that's why they are asking for the form? Now i am a bit confused? I think I am a long way away from a PPR... well that's my conclusion :D

Add her to my app after i get PPR... ok will do... i think i will surely be right back here asking you for help on how to go about doing that...coz 2 years would be a really LOOONG time

By sector you mean? Sorry I am not too updated as for 6 months i didn't hear anything and out of the blue this mail came.... so I am a bit rusty and also overall a bit blank with the whole process terminologies :-[
Well fill the form for now and send...yes, they are asking you for the form thinking you maybe able to sponsor her later or your parents, etc as the case maybe..

In regards to adding her..have a word with her and re-consider...im always here to help..

By sector i meant whats your line of work?

Nash1197

Apr 17, 2016
lazybone said:
Well fill the form for now and send...yes, they are asking you for the form thinking you maybe able to sponsor her later or your parents, etc as the case maybe..

In regards to adding her..have a word with her and re-consider...im always here to help..

By sector i meant whats your line of work?
Yes will send across the form tomorrow on my behalf

If I can do what u said of adding her when i get PPR** and then she comes there but is able to come back after that... will surely go down that route... but all this is **provided i get a PPR in the first place.... right now I am not thinking that far ahead right now :D

And the main reason is coz I am into Marketing/ Portfolio Management... and I don't think that is a very needed profile right now there so must be the reason they are taking their own sweet time with my process

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Stngr said:
you're still waiting? it takes a long time for this VO, my AOT was on April 13th and I'm already in Canada...
I still am bro