+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR and formalities

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi,

I am new to this game, so please bear with me.

Can someone please tell me what AOR means, I know its acknowledgment of receipt, but

1) When is it issued?
2) Can anything be done to expedite the AOR?

Cheers

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
The AOR is essentially a notification from the CIC that your application appears to be complete and that your appear to be eligible for the PR stream that you have applied under.

Prior to 2015, Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applications were submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia. The staff in Sydney would check the application to make sure everything is there and check the work experience to make sure the person appears to have the required experience to be eligible. Applications that were complete were sent onto Ottawa for proper processing and the applicant would be sent their AOR.

In 2015, with Express Entry things different as the applications are made online and the CIC basically declare a person is eligible for PR when send them an Invitation to Apply (ITA). In these cases (again I'm focusing on CEC PR) once an applicant submits their application following receiving an ITA, they are automatically (?) sent an AOR.

There isn't really anything to speed up getting an AOR under the new system, it seems that you will receive it promptly after submitting your application.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Thanks for the note.

So, Am I right in the flow?

Profile Creation on EE ----> ITA -------> AOR

Between ITA and AOR - one has to do medical and police verification.

Does this make sense?

thanks

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
oasis.gc1 said:
Thanks for the note.

So, Am I right in the flow?

Profile Creation on EE ----> ITA -------> AOR

Between ITA and AOR - one has to do medical and police verification.

Does this make sense?

thanks
That's correct. I don't think you need your PCC's or medical prior to the AOR - you didn't under the old system, I guess you wouldn't under Express Entry either. Hopefully somone else can confirm that for you.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
arowberry said:
That's correct. I don't think you need your PCC's or medical prior to the AOR - you didn't under the old system, I guess you wouldn't under Express Entry either. Hopefully somone else can confirm that for you.
PCC and Medical are required prior to AOR. They are now part of the application package that needs to be uploaded.

ITA ---> Submit APP (PCC + Medical included) ---> AOR

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
kainthsimranjit said:
PCC and Medical are required prior to AOR. They are now part of the application package that needs to be uploaded.

ITA ---> Submit APP (PCC + Medical included) ---> AOR
Thanks for your response.

Can I get medical and PCC done once we create EE profile?

Regards

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
You should not get Medical done before CIC requests

You should have your PCC ready because you have 60 days to hand in full application with PCC but some countries takes more than that. And PCC expires for CIC in 3 months.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
mf4361 said:
You should not get Medical done before CIC requests

You should have your PCC ready because you have 60 days to hand in full application with PCC but some countries takes more than that. And PCC expires for CIC in 3 months.
Thanks - is it 3 or 6. Some one shares this with me:

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

Dowe need pcc from Canada too if we have lived here for more than a year

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
oasis.gc1 said:

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

"Police certificates
As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependants) must submit a valid PC for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived consecutively for six months or more, since the age of 18.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a PC for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
The CIC website provides instructions to applicants on how they can obtain a PC.

PCs are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued; however, PCs should be issued no more than three months prior to when they are provided to CIC as part of the e-APR."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#police_certificates

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
oasis.gc1 said:

It means you have to get PCC if you lived in a country other than Canada for more than 6 months consecutively since you turned 18.

You don't RCMP Police check at time of application. CIC can do their own check with RCMP. But they might still ask for it, until then you will need to get it from RCMP.