+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR almost 16 months ago, I am on implied status now and I am extremely worried, please advice me what to do!

santiago123

Jan 3, 2019
I applied for my PR on January 4 2019, through Express Entry CEC. I waited patiently for the first 6 months, with no updates, then I started calling usually once a month to ask if everything was okay and EVERY time I called they said everything was okay and I just had to wait. On a web form question that I sent, the person that replied to me said that the police certificate from my country had not been received by them( this was on March 18 2020), I couldn't believe they had not told me this before!, so I contacted Mexico's office right away and they told me that they had sent the police certificate on February of 2019 to IRCC (more than a year ago!), so I contacted IRCC again through the web form and sent a screenshot of the email, they replied saying that they had now received the police certificate and that a decision had been made on my application, this was on March 25 2020. So to me it feels like they had it for more than a year but they didn't see it and if I hadn't sent the email to Mexico and to IRCC who knows if they would've ever found it in their files so you cna imagine how frustrated I was, but this is just an assumption. It is now almost a month after that, I sent an inquiry through the web form and got a reply today, now saying that my application is still in process, I can't express how frustrating this is!, after saying that a desicion had been made now it is back to still in process! I had a work permit that expired in March, before it expired I applied for a Study Permit, since I am going to start a masters in 2 weeks, but haven't received confirmation for the study permit nor the PR, so I am on implied status and don't have Health Care.

I am truly desperate and really worried to not have Health Care with COVID-19. Please advice me what to do, who to talk to, or anything that will help me deal with this! Thank you

Reactions: harbee

MGPC

Jun 19, 2020
I applied for my PR on January 4 2019, through Express Entry CEC. I waited patiently for the first 6 months, with no updates, then I started calling usually once a month to ask if everything was okay and EVERY time I called they said everything was okay and I just had to wait. On a web form question that I sent, the person that replied to me said that the police certificate from my country had not been received by them( this was on March 18 2020), I couldn't believe they had not told me this before!, so I contacted Mexico's office right away and they told me that they had sent the police certificate on February of 2019 to IRCC (more than a year ago!), so I contacted IRCC again through the web form and sent a screenshot of the email, they replied saying that they had now received the police certificate and that a decision had been made on my application, this was on March 25 2020. So to me it feels like they had it for more than a year but they didn't see it and if I hadn't sent the email to Mexico and to IRCC who knows if they would've ever found it in their files so you cna imagine how frustrated I was, but this is just an assumption. It is now almost a month after that, I sent an inquiry through the web form and got a reply today, now saying that my application is still in process, I can't express how frustrating this is!, after saying that a desicion had been made now it is back to still in process! I had a work permit that expired in March, before it expired I applied for a Study Permit, since I am going to start a masters in 2 weeks, but haven't received confirmation for the study permit nor the PR, so I am on implied status and don't have Health Care.

I am truly desperate and really worried to not have Health Care with COVID-19. Please advice me what to do, who to talk to, or anything that will help me deal with this! Thank you
I can´t believe this happened! I just received my ITA and have to send my fingerprints, pictures, etc to the Canadian Embassy... and I´m nervous. Hopefully you get an answer soon.

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I don’t know what to say but to wish you best wishes and pray they conclude your application very fast. This is disheartening