+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with PP request just before medicals expire?

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
Hi,

I received passport request from IRCC/CIC on 12th July 2016 and sent it very next next day, but in the mean while my medicals expired on 17th July 2016. Even though I did send my passport and still waiting for it. I am bit circumspect about what my visa/COPR expiry date would be. Coz as far as I know the visa is generally issued until the date medicals expire or in words landing must completed on or before the day medicals expire. Has anyone been in a similar situation? If yes, what was the date that they have issued your visa till and did they request for medicals again before landing? Thanks.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Rohit11t said:
Hi,

I received passport request from IRCC/CIC on 12th July 2016 and sent it very next next day, but in the mean while my medicals expired on 17th July 2016. Even though I did send my passport and still waiting for it. I am bit circumspect about what my visa/COPR expiry date would be. Coz as far as I know the visa is generally issued until the date medicals expire or in words landing must completed on or before the day medicals expire. Has anyone been in a similar situation? If yes, what was the date that they have issued your visa till and did they request for medicals again before landing? Thanks.
IRCC/CIC has the authority to extend your medical certificate if it is about to expire and you're unable to land before expiration date.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/cert.asp
So you would probably get your COPR with next year expiration date.
And, yes, I was in the same situation.