+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone willing to share an AirBnB(entire house/apartment) in Toronto post 14 day mandatory quarantine?

Immi@098

Nov 21, 2016
Hi,
Me an my husband are moving to Toronto(as a PR- did soft landing in 2019) from India next month. Would be interested in knowing if anyone is willing to share an accommodation (AirBnB) for the first few months. Planning to rent out an entire house which would be more convenient instead of a shared room, but, as it can be a bit expensive checking if anyone(probably a couple) will be willing to share the place with us?
Also, open to other suggestions..
Thanks in advance,
Rgds,

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Me an my husband are moving to Toronto(as a PR- did soft landing in 2019) from India next month. Would be interested in knowing if anyone is willing to share an accommodation (AirBnB) for the first few months. Planning to rent out an entire house which would be more convenient instead of a shared room, but, as it can be a bit expensive checking if anyone(probably a couple) will be willing to share the place with us?
Also, open to other suggestions..
Thanks in advance,
Rgds,
Would really discourage this. You may end up being financially responsible if someone refuses to leave or you end up finding a permanent rental before others.

Immi@098

Nov 21, 2016
Would really discourage this. You may end up being financially responsible if someone refuses to leave or you end up finding a permanent rental before others.
Thanks for the response. I agree its not the best move, however considering how expensive it would be for a newcomer the first few months without a steady income, was trying to see some alternatives for accommodation. Looks like shared airbnb is my best option for the time being!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response. I agree its not the best move, however considering how expensive it would be for a newcomer the first few months without a steady income, was trying to see some alternatives for accommodation. Looks like shared airbnb is my best option for the time being!
You can't share an airbnb because that defeats the purpose of quarantine. After you are done the 14 day quarantine you can move into a shared airbnb.

Immi@098

Nov 21, 2016
You can't share an airbnb because that defeats the purpose of quarantine. After you are done the 14 day quarantine you can move into a shared airbnb.
Yes, I am aware of the quarantine requirement. As mentioned in the thread title, i was looking for shared accomodation post the mandatory 14 day quarantine period.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I am aware of the quarantine requirement. As mentioned in the thread title, i was looking for shared accomodation post the mandatory 14 day quarantine period.
Sorry was replying to the tread and hadn't remembered the title. Would only pay for the room through airbnb and not book the whole home in your name. There would be a lot of risk involved if you book a home and the other parties don't want to leave or leave before you're ready to leave.