+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone who scored 10 or more in celpip ??? plz help

sokaur

Jan 17, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had scored 10 or more in celpip, can share there experience here; that would be a lot of help.

Thanks.

sokaur

Jan 17, 2017
anyone out there ??? ::) I myself had given it 4 times and now preparing to give it one more shot and direly need 10 in all the modules. Therefore, your experience can help 8)

-friend-

Dec 9, 2016
I don't think there is any specific advice/tip that can be given regarding CELPIP. You've done it 4 times so you know exactly what kind of questions there will be. I did get 10+ but other than staying calm, speaking clearly and writing down notes (during listening), there isn't anything special tip that I can give.

Reactions: Isabat

pocomonkey

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14/02/17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13/02/17
I got above 10 in all the categories, but then that's to be expected (I'm a native English speaker with a PhD in English!). Like the above poster, I don't know what advice I can offer, since you've been through it before.

Personally, during my test I was thrown by time - I was determined not to rush, but ended up leaving the test after only about 40 mins, because I did the speaking part last, and then it was all over! I thought I might be able to go back to check answers for the other sections, but that wasn't possible. There was no clock in the room (or I couldn't see one from my allocated desk), and I can't remember if I didn't have a watch on, or if you weren't allowed to bring one into the room with you, but I had no idea what time it was, so had just ploughed through the sections quickly. My advice would definitely be to take your time with the reading and writing! Check your answers before submitting. For listening practice if English isn't your first language, listen to talk radio as much as you can, and of course try to read as much in English as possible (though I would imagine you are doing these things already).

Good luck for your next test.

Reactions: HB84

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi,

As mentioned in above posts...there is no specific advice that can be provided for scoring 10 in each sections. Just staying calm and checking your answers before moving on to next sections. Since u have already know the pattern practice writing before taking the test. For speaking you can practice by recording your voice while you speak and hear back to check what went wrong. This helped me a lot.

Good luck

Cheers
Ravi

sokaur

Jan 17, 2017
Thanks a lot :) to all of you guys for your replies. However, In my last test I was able to score 11 on listening and 12 on reading but i guess my strategies are not working for writing and speaking... in all those 4 tests my score is consistent at 8 and 7 respectively. I've bought everything from the celpip's site but can't understand if its my format or what else should i write to get 10 on both .

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Google some examples, maybe they are asking a particular style of writing and speaking like in IELTS

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I scored L-11, R-12, S-11,W-11. Probably this is not what you want to hear, but the thing is that you can improve your score only marginally given the short time span. This doesn't mean that practice doesn't help. A 8 can easily become 10 with some good planning and practice. For instance, in the writing section, focus on coherent flow of arguments and structure it well. At the same time, keep an eye on grammar and punctuation.
Speaking is a tougher nut to crack in my opinion. My spouse who is a fluent english speaker, was able to score only 8 (which did not change even after revaluation). They ask you to explain or describe a lot of abstract concepts, which you can be good at only if you use conversational english in your daily life.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
For speaking, have you considered joining the Toastmasters or similar such organization that helps you improve your public speaking? Naturally, this may not be something you can do in a week or two, but if you have time and are determined to get better, this might be a good way to do it and have some fun at the same time.

And heck, improving public speaking skills is always useful no matter what.

-friend-

Dec 9, 2016
Also for the speaking part, as obvious as it may sound, try to answer the question rather than speaking about a topic without actually answering the question. In our day to day to life, when we speak with colleagues, it's easy to talk around a subject without focusing on the actual question but in the test, you would be much better off giving a dull and boring but precise answer.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Few tips:

Writing: google writing professional emails. Learn the beginning and ending...learn how to properly begin and end professional emails. Try to use one to two advance words.

Listening: watch Netflix/videos with sub-titles

Speaking: buy speaking pro lessons:
https://www.celpip.ca/celpip-speaking-pro/

Whenever I appear in Celpip, I always go for re-evaluation. I know several ppl including myself whose scores got increased after reevaluation.

Reactions: HB84

sokaur

Jan 17, 2017
tormentor said:
I scored L-11, R-12, S-11,W-11. Probably this is not what you want to hear, but the thing is that you can improve your score only marginally given the short time span. This doesn't mean that practice doesn't help. A 8 can easily become 10 with some good planning and practice. For instance, in the writing section, focus on coherent flow of arguments and structure it well. At the same time, keep an eye on grammar and punctuation.
Speaking is a tougher nut to crack in my opinion. My spouse who is a fluent english speaker, was able to score only 8 (which did not change even after revaluation). They ask you to explain or describe a lot of abstract concepts, which you can be good at only if you use conversational english in your daily life.
u hv got an impressive score ... :) thanks for your suggestion, will u be able to forward me any of your writings if had saved them while practicing for the exam ?

sokaur

Jan 17, 2017
-friend- said:
Also for the speaking part, as obvious as it may sound, try to answer the question rather than speaking about a topic without actually answering the question. In our day to day to life, when we speak with colleagues, it's easy to talk around a subject without focusing on the actual question but in the test, you would be much better off giving a dull and boring but precise answer.
for sure i'll try to stay on the topic and thanks for advice

Reactions: lakshmi1619