+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who is waiting for their SOWP?

angggy

Mar 26, 2024
Hello, dropping my case here, applied for SOWP on nov 11th from inside canada after getting the AOR for sponsorship, did biometrics on 28th, still waiting till now, it says 3.3 months, hopefully sometime this month !!

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Hello, dropping my case here, applied for SOWP on nov 11th from inside canada after getting the AOR for sponsorship, did biometrics on 28th, still waiting till now, it says 3.3 months, hopefully sometime this month !!
Next week will be six months since we applied for my wife's SOWP. She has had AIP since July 2023. It makes no sense. Calling IRCC and contacting MP have been of very little help.

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Next week will be six months since we applied for my wife's SOWP. She has had AIP since July 2023. It makes no sense. Calling IRCC and contacting MP have been of very little help.
Hi! I’m so sorry to hear that it’s been taking so long - have you seen any progress on the actual spousal sponsorship application in the meantime?

In case you’re looking to see how long the SOWP application is taking for others, there’s a work permit tracker that has a few cases logged for that visa type here (just filter by Spousal Work Permit): https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-work-permits-tracker

For the actual spousal sponsorship PR timelines, you can check the following tracker: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-spousal-sponsorship-tracker

I hope this helps you gain some peace of mind! Ordering GCMS or CBSA notes could be another option to figure out where the application got stuck…

cizawcan

Star Member
Dec 25, 2022
Heya, dropping my case too:

Applied for SOWP for my hubby on 29.12.2023, I am the main applicant for masters. My visa got approved twice (needed to defer to the next intake as son’s visa got delayed), our son also got approved recently for TRV.
it says 22 weeks for SOWP which means application to be finalized by the end of May 24.

Hoping to get at least medical request, since application is having the sweetest sleep ever for the past 3 months ‍♀