01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
23/11/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hi everyone, anyone here has experience of landing more than a month before the start of session..or do you know anyone who landed more than half a month before the start of classes....really curious about this because a friend of mine was informed by Qatar airways that if the canadian immigration did not let you enter in canada, its not their responsibility just because you are going more than a month before the start of your session..please reply asap if anyone knows about this !!

karanssharma

Nov 5, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
23/11/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
yep...thankyou for replying man....the officials in India are so fucked up...they say things that dosent even make sense ....one of them said that if the immigration officer sends you back to India, we are not responsible for that......

antique

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
They didn't even ask why i come so early! i just showed them a prove of financial, and i was good to go :D

rminhaz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Jeddah
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2013
Yeah mate, I arrived on Nov 20th, my classes start on Jan. They just asked for LOI and LOA at POE, that was it.

wajahadkhan

Oct 26, 2013
thanks for bringing up this topic

my college on jan 8th still i have booked the flight for 17th dec

even i heard the same thing from my agent don't go early as i might face probs at immigration

please reply asap guys as i have already booked for 17th....

antique

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
They won't tell you anything! I came earlier 2 months before my classes they didn't ask why, because i'm going to do english course! even if they ask you tell them you want to arrange accomodation and thats it! i'm sure they won't ask you anything

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
antique said:
They didn't even ask why i come so early! i just showed them a prove of financial, and i was good to go :D
You showed them a proof of financial? Why? Did they ask you? because I haven't seen a student here who were asked to show bank statements at the POE?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karanssharma said:
Hi everyone, anyone here has experience of landing more than a month before the start of session..or do you know anyone who landed more than half a month before the start of classes....really curious about this because a friend of mine was informed by Qatar airways that if the canadian immigration did not let you enter in canada, its not their responsibility just because you are going more than a month before the start of your session..please reply asap if anyone knows about this !!

It's a good idea to land 15 to 30 days ahead of start date and usually u won't face any problem at POE. Landing 2 months or more may lead to some questions being asked but it doesn't lead to straight rejection. At POE, you must have passport, LOA, LOI. Apart from these three, it's a good idea to carry GIC copy and proof of any funds you are carrying with you in any form, be it bank account or credit cards or cash.

wish you all luck and see you all here.

Cheers!

hellolondon

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
antique said:
LOI is letter of introduction that you get by email, you should carry a copy of GIC then
As I applied thro an agent, I did not get any LOI sort of thing by email. All I got was the passport and a letter stating that "your visa is approved........" Is that the LOI or should I ask for the LOI now? Kindly let me know what exactly is written in the LOI?

antique

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
LOI is the letter states your application has been approved its like a table mentions the expiry date of your visa and everything and UCI number will be mentioned also, you should carry this along with other documents it's important