+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANYONE WHO APPLIED ON NOVEMBER FOR STUDY PERMIT FOR JANUARY INTAKE 2022

Farzana_fatoomi

Dec 8, 2021
Normally it takes 20 calender days under SDS to complete the process and let us know the decision. But currently it's taking almost 2-3 months

excitedaatma

Dec 7, 2021
I submitted my application on 23rd Nov from dubai.
Biometrics: 25 th Nov
Medical passed : Nov 28th
for temporary resident of Dubai, is medical necessary? in the ircc portal I see ime(medical examination) is not required if you stayed there for more than 6 months

LaVyas05

Nov 26, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Hey everyone. I am from India. I applied my Student Visa with 10 years of education gap and got my Offer letter for Mohawk college in Architectural Technician. Medical done, Applied for SDS visa on 20th Oct'21 and done biometrics on 29th Oct'21. Can anyone suggest the chances of getting PPR by the end of December? What if i do not get visa on time? Mohawk college gave intimation of 4th Jan'22. Please suggest.

Farzana_fatoomi

Dec 8, 2021
Hey everyone. I am from India. I applied my Student Visa with 10 years of education gap and got my Offer letter for Mohawk college in Architectural Technician. Medical done, Applied for SDS visa on 20th Oct'21 and done biometrics on 29th Oct'21. Can anyone suggest the chances of getting PPR by the end of December? What if i do not get visa on time? Mohawk college gave intimation of 4th Jan'22. Please suggest.
I'm sure there might be a deadline for your course to register for classes as well as attend class, for me I've to be physically be present and attend classes by January 10th.
So I'm planning to wait till Jan first week or so and defer my course to the next intake.

You could contact your admission controller and tell them your problem and ask them if you can opt in for deferral. If yes, they will give you a new Offer letter for the next intake.
Last but not the least as we all know, is refund the amount.

There will be specific dates given in your college site ,take a look at that and keep in mind the date. Since it's reaaaally important when it comes to refund.

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Hey
Let me know whenever you get a decision. I also have a gap of 16 years. I applied for a visa on 8th Nov.

marge_08

Dec 10, 2021
I applied from Philippines, Regular Stream (new ircc portal)
>> winter intake, class starts January 10, 2022. Haven't registered for classes due to no visa yet.
>> deferral deadline is until January 14 (Georgian College)
***What I'm doing before I got my reviewing eligibility status was sending webform and asking about the status of my application. I did include attachment like Tuition fee receipt or Enrollment letter. That way they said they here VO will check the application since they need to add the new file to the account. If you have new document from school its good to send a webform and use it to follow-up with your status, this is actually what PH applicants do to follow-up. It worked for me as my status changed to R.E.
**SDS applications in PH goes directly to Ottawa that's why I did not proceed with SDS as we already knew there's a lot of backlogs of applications there, since May 2021 the 20 days approval did not happen so many lodged regular only in PH and approval is usually within 30-60 days.

Lodged: October 29, 2021
Biometrics completed and passed: November 2, 2021
Medical passed: November 3, 2021 (I did upfront medical 2 months before lodging)
Reviewing Eligibility: December 7, 2021

Hoping for approval this December too.

Reactions: excitedaatma

Shobhit91

Mar 1, 2020
I applied for my SP extension on July 21 and but till now no updates, whereas my classmates who applied after me got the approval this week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dec 12, 2021
Hello everyone.
Here’s my timeline:

Application: 11th November
Bio competed 17th November
Reviewing 25h November
Medical passed: December, 2
I think it’s strange my reviewing start before the medical exames passed. What do you think?

Last edited: