+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who applied in May and still waiting?

cucapoeira

Aug 8, 2017
me too, I applied for visitor extencion and still waiting too, but I have to go back to my country in 2 days...

Deb_VisCheck

Aug 2, 2017
me too, I applied for visitor extencion and still waiting too, but I have to go back to my country in 2 days...
Hey, does anyone know what is the maximum time period for their decision? I applied on may 30th 2017, and still not received any reply from CIC. It's the same message from 31st May. Your application is in process......
I do have a work permit(valid till 2019) and and applied for visitor visa(business) to re-entry as my visa expired on 29th June 2017. It's been more than two months. Is that a sign of denial or more chances of denial. I assume this is not normal. Kindly share your thoughts/knowledge. Thanks in advance

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hey, does anyone know what is the maximum time period for their decision? I applied on may 30th 2017, and still not received any reply from CIC. It's the same message from 31st May. Your application is in process......
I do have a work permit(valid till 2019) and and applied for visitor visa(business) to re-entry as my visa expired on 29th June 2017. It's been more than two months. Is that a sign of denial or more chances of denial. I assume this is not normal. Kindly share your thoughts/knowledge. Thanks in advance
you can check the processing time on CIC website.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Thank you for your reply, yeah I definitely already checked there, it's just 25 days. Sent two inquiries already but no reply, haven't got any document request too
I am not really sure about TRV since I am from visa exempt country. However, would yours not be visitor extension?? In that case it says the waiting time is 99days for online application...

Deb_VisCheck

Aug 2, 2017
I am not really sure about TRV since I am from visa exempt country. However, would yours not be visitor extension?? In that case it says the waiting time is 99days for online application...
Hmm, Yeah business visit but in CIC it is mentioned 25 days

ashfaaqs

Oct 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Applied on the 17th of May 2017 for study permit and an open work permit for my spouse. Got passport request letter on the 4th of August 2017. Processing time was displayed as 5 weeks but took 10 weeks approx.