+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone was finally rejected for faulty/lack of required fund/bank statement.

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
application recieved on 30 September,2009
Doc's Request.
recied -November 30, 2009
IELTS Request
given with 1st application
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
Dear all,

Please share here if anyone got rejected due to POF/Bank statement.
If so what action they took and what happened finally. Please, share.

Thank You

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
Usually visa office requests POF with full documents and before medicals (they can and sometimes do request POF in between these also). If you cannot prove you have these funds in your account (and that they belong to you), visa office can and have rejected applications because of this.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Yeah I think it can happen.
They can request POF any time. it just depends on the visa officer. They know people play around with bank statements showing an inflated balance.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Banks don't disclose customers details without:
1- a signed agreement made by the customer to allow the bank to do so
2- an agreement between banks and CIC or VO'S.

Due to the infinite number of banks and applicants, I doubt that CIC does have such relationship in place.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Agreed with Mezo2009
Banks are bound by confidentiality laws imposed by the financial regulators in the country where they are located. They cannot disclose customers details to third parties. Nevertheless most Government bodies like CIC would be able to recognise a fake document like a fake statement and in such cases a bank would be compelled to respond to an enquiry by telling them that the statement is a forgery,that is not disclosing customer details

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
I think the bank statement is a certifiable document that proves sufficient funds. In case VO is suspicious that the funds may be inadequate or has been transferred from some other place just to show sufficient balance, then VO might request the bank statement again. If the balance is not maintained then VO may refuse the application.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
omm said:
Yes, VO make inquiry with Bank too.

OMM
Unsure about other countries, but here in the UK I am pretty sure CHC have no authority to directly enquire to a bank for someone's balance. Under the Data Protection Act it would illegal for the bank to tell them anything without the account holder's explicit permission.

I think if they are unsure or unconvinced by the POF documents they will either ask for further documents, or reject the application, but I seriously do not think they would or could contact the bank directly regarding your account/

Wayne.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Cappuccino said:
Unsure about other countries, but here in the UK I am pretty sure CHC have no authority to directly enquire to a bank for someone's balance. Under the Data Protection Act it would illegal for the bank to tell them anything without the account holder's explicit permission.

I think if they are unsure or unconvinced by the POF documents they will either ask for further documents, or reject the application, but I seriously do not think they would or could contact the bank directly regarding your account/

Wayne.
Yes agreed. It is the case in most countries.

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
Can POF be in a form of pension fund statment too? ::)

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
In this case you mean the applicant has reached pensionable age 67 years? If withdrawn before reaching pensionable age most companies retain their contributions to the pension. And this reduces the amount to be paid out. In my opinion , the statement of pension fund would n't be accurate as POF.
May be seniors would advise you better.

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
application recieved on 30 September,2009
Doc's Request.
recied -November 30, 2009
IELTS Request
given with 1st application
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
Actually I don't understand my case.1.When all documents ware sent,it was given but the amount was shown was transferred before taking the certificate.

2. Second time after doing medical vo again wanted it and I did the same thing (I mean half of the required amount was used in other business and that was deposited and certificate taken ).

3.Thirdly, this is the time for Passport request to stamp and vo wants it again, so this time I am not showing the required amount, simply taking the statement that has current flow of money(but it is 1/3 of the amount).I'm using the amount in other purposes so that I can take it with me while landing. I don't know how the vo will take it.Bank statement is to prove the required amount and I did this and I also know that while landing I must keep the required amount with me and vo officer also knows that. I am now waiting for the final decision.

kato

Nov 26, 2009
You will need to have the minimum funds before you are issued the visa. This is a strict requirement and you are expected to have maintained the amount until you land. You shouldn't have messed up with the minimum funds.

joky3

Feb 17, 2011
kato said:
You will need to have the minimum funds before you are issued the visa. This is a strict requirement and you are expected to have maintained the amount until you land. You shouldn't have messed up with the minimum funds.