+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone tried to flagpole for PGWP in BC? (Peace Arch or Pacific Highway or Point Roberts)

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I just got my completion letter and I'm about to apply for my PGWP. I've read people who flagpoled to apply for their PGWP. Has anyone from BC tried this? The border crossing that's easy to cross are Peace Arch, Pacific Highway and Point Roberts. I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully done it. What did you present? I've printed everything from the checklist for an online application and I plan to bring it to the border.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just got my completion letter and I'm about to apply for my PGWP. I've read people who flagpoled to apply for their PGWP. Has anyone from BC tried this? The border crossing that's easy to cross are Peace Arch, Pacific Highway and Point Roberts. I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully done it. What did you present? I've printed everything from the checklist for an online application and I plan to bring it to the border.
Peach Arch....

OyinD

Jun 9, 2022
UPDATE:

Successfully got my PGWP at the Peach Arch border crossing this morning. Took less than 30 mins.
Great! Please did you go along with any other document besides the online application checklist? Did they ask you why you chose to flagpole instead of applying online? Lastly, I would appreciate it if you could share any questions I need to prepare to answer. Thank you ver much!

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Great! Please did you go along with any other document besides the online application checklist? Did they ask you why you chose to flagpole instead of applying online? Lastly, I would appreciate it if you could share any questions I need to prepare to answer. Thank you ver much!
The ones in the checklist plus 3 paystubs and certificate of employment. The paystubs and certificate of employment is needed since we also applied for my wife’s OWP extension. Otherwise, if it’s just for the PGWP, those 2 wouldn’t be needed.

For the PGWP, no questions really. For my wife’s OWP extension, they asked about my work, and if I’m part-time or full-time. They didn’t even ask why I wanted to apply there instead of online.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

OyinD

Jun 9, 2022
The ones in the checklist plus 3 paystubs and certificate of employment. The paystubs and certificate of employment is needed since we also applied for my wife’s OWP extension. Otherwise, if it’s just for the PGWP, those 2 wouldn’t be needed.

For the PGWP, no questions really. For my wife’s OWP extension, they asked about my work, and if I’m part-time or full-time. They didn’t even ask why I wanted to apply there instead of online.
Hello,
Thank you once again for your guidance.
Please I have 2 other questions,
Did you write a letter of explanation cause I had to write one during my previous online applications for a study permit & study permit extension.

Did you have to fill in any details on arriveCan ?
Thank you.

joannanyler

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
03-05-2022
Passport Req..
22-12-2022
UPDATE:

Successfully got my PGWP at the Peach Arch border crossing this morning. Took less than 30 mins.
Hi did you call before going there? Or if they have schedule day for flagpoling? What time also you go there?

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Hello,
Thank you once again for your guidance.
Please I have 2 other questions,
Did you write a letter of explanation cause I had to write one during my previous online applications for a study permit & study permit extension.

Did you have to fill in any details on arriveCan ?
Thank you.
I didn't make a letter of explanation.
Yes, I used ArriveCAN.