+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone travelled to Canada after - DLI being listed

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Is there anyone who is planning to go to a province different than the university province. I'd like to stay with my husband who's travelling with me on an OWP to the province of his employment. Would that cause any issues? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

student390

Nov 10, 2020
Hey y'all!

I just woke up from my first night in quarantine.
So - I have been able to enter Canada. I am just gonna narrate the whole trip. For anyone who doesn't care about details: There is nothing to worry about if you have a study permit and proof of enrollment! For everyone else:

So I departed in Frankfurt and was already asked about my documents at check-in. Then again, when boarding. I have also had to get my temperature taken. I got on the flight with ease - which was low-key unexpected.

After 9 hours I was in Toronto. I was getting kinda nervous at that point. So I walked up the counter to the CBSA officer and I was literally just asked to show my study permit and proof of enrollment. I was asked nothing else - the officer passed my documents back and I was let in. It took less than a minute. I did not expect that.

I am also confused since I did not need to show the ArriveCAN app or anything. I am still not sure what to do with the app now - I can not fill in anything else. I might call the support soon since I am supposed to fill in a self-check every day. I can update on that if people care.

Before boarding my next flight, I had to get my temperature taken again.

When I got to Halifax I just needed to get my luggage and present another form (Nova Scotia Save Check-In) that I had filled out online in advance.

Now in quarantine I have to fill out several health self-assessments everyday.

Other than that I have just been laying in bed the whole time lol

I hope this helps everyone who is planning on travelling soon! Don't stress about it. My experience was good! The worst part was the travel itself (delays, weird airport procedures, etc...)
Such great news!

I just wanted to ask if you don't mind sharing what program you're studying? Is your program in-person/blended or are you studying online? Did you have a support paper from you university? I only ask because my program is going to be dominantly online and I fear that they turn me back in the airport for that reason.

yasuder

Nov 10, 2020
Could anyone who successfully entered Canada with a letter of introduction kindly share the experience at the poe?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Such great news!

I just wanted to ask if you don't mind sharing what program you're studying? Is your program in-person/blended or are you studying online? Did you have a support paper from you university? I only ask because my program is going to be dominantly online and I fear that they turn me back in the airport for that reason.
As of Oct 20 it is no longer grounds for denying entry to international students if your program is fully online. I doubt they will even ask at the airport.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Could anyone who successfully entered Canada with a letter of introduction kindly share the experience at the poe?
There is a person in this thread traveling on 14th, and I will travel on 16th. This poster went to Canada on LOI:
Hi guys, i just got to Vancouver and the process was very smooth. The officer only asked for my passport and letter of introduction and when I was giving him my other documents he said no need. I completed the ArriveCAN form and that was about it. I waited 5 mins and he came out with my student permit and he didn’t look at any other letter or proof of funds. Hope this helps. Btw my classes were online as well

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Such great news!

There were people who traveled to Canada with programs completely online after the DLI was on the list. Just look through the thread

Toha87

Jul 20, 2020
Hello guys, writing you from Toronto. Arrived today. 2 SP ( me and my son) + 1 SOWP ( my wife), smooth immigration, I was asked to show only our Visa approval letters, my LOA and showed emails from my Academy that states they are waiting for me .

Nothing about quarantine plan.

Wish you all smooth travels!!

Thanks a lot for all the help from this forum.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hello guys, writing you from Toronto. Arrived today. 2 SP ( me and my son) + 1 SOWP ( my wife), smooth immigration, I was asked to show only our Visa approval letters, my LOA and showed emails from my Academy that states they are waiting for me .

Nothing about quarantine plan.

Wish you all smooth travels!!

Thanks a lot for all the help from this forum.
Great news. By Visa Approval Letters do you mean Letter of Introduction?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Has any student taken a flight to Toronto on Emirates from Dubai in recent days/weeks?

A.trk

Nov 3, 2020
Anyone planning to go to a province which is not the province of your study? Is it advisable to travel to another province of the classes are online for fall. Or would it cause issues.
I am in the same situation. I have friends in Alberta who can offer me a free place for quarantine but my school is in Toronto. I am not sure if it would be a problem if I enter the country from Alberta

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I am in the same situation. I have friends in Alberta who can offer me a free place for quarantine but my school is in Toronto. I am not sure if it would be a problem if I enter the country from Alberta
You have to proof to an officer that your essential reason is to study. Plus, if you are staying in accommodation with other people that is already a red flag in ArriveCan