+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone successful on flying back to USA using AVR ?

ujjg2105

Sep 23, 2019
Hello guys, just an update.
I returned back to US on May-29 using AVR without any issues. Only 2 questions asked by CBP:
1. Type of Visa.
2. Duration of stay in Canada.
That's great! I had a quick questions. if you had traveled via air, I was wondering how to use my i94 to get a boarding pass. I'm not sure if I can check-in online. did you get your boarding pass at the airport?

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
That's great! I had a quick questions. if you had traveled via air, I was wondering how to use my i94 to get a boarding pass. I'm not sure if I can check-in online. did you get your boarding pass at the airport?
Yes, you won't be able to do online check-in, airline agent will have to check-in you.

Jun 1, 2020
Yes, you won't be able to do online check-in, airline agent will have to check-in you.
Hi, great that you were able to get back.

I am planning on using AVR as well, what does the airline agent at the check-in ask for validating your travel apart from the passport?

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Hi, great that you were able to get back.

I am planning on using AVR as well, what does the airline agent at the check-in ask for validating your travel apart from the passport?
Just the passport and I797 (with valid I94).

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
Sorry for this question, but what is an AVR? I need to do COPR landing, have a valid stamped H1 on passport with i797. Is soft landing allowed and do need something else to enter US?

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hi All,

I have recently completed my landing from USA to canada and I am quarantining for 14 days in Toronto. I am planning to return to USA as soon as I complete my 14 days quarantine using AVR as I have an expired F1 visa with an approved I797 document. I am planning to take a flight from Toronto to Vancouver and then drive to Portland where I live.Can I use the Land Border to enter USA right now as I have heard some place that we cant use land border to enter USA and only we can enter USA via flight from Canada?

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks in advance.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Sorry for this question, but what is an AVR? I need to do COPR landing, have a valid stamped H1 on passport with i797. Is soft landing allowed and do need something else to enter US?
Hi Rebel,

AVR is the automatic Visa Re-validation which will enable you to travel back to US from Canada or Mexico within 30 days period without a valid visa(i.e based on your approved i797 and valid i94). If you have a valid Visa, AVR does not apply for you. You can travel even after 30 days, not an issue.

Soft landing is upto Cbsa officer's discretion due to COVID. Better you make plan to quarantine for 14-days in case if officer does not allow you to do softlanding.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
I have personally used AVR on atleast 7 occasions in the last year. 4 times I flew across the border and 3 times i drove. Had no issues at all. At the airports they do ask to see your i797 and will stamp your passport however on land borders they don't even stamp your passport.

Flew from Vancouver to NY, Alberta to NY, Toronto to NJ and Toronto to TX with no issues. Had land crossings on Ontario/ NY border and Quebec/ NY border.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-P
Hi which airline while coming from Canada to usa did you use each time and which had like smooth one? Please respond it’s urgent thanks

May 23, 2020
I have personally used AVR on atleast 7 occasions in the last year. 4 times I flew across the border and 3 times i drove. Had no issues at all. At the airports they do ask to see your i797 and will stamp your passport however on land borders they don't even stamp your passport.

Flew from Vancouver to NY, Alberta to NY, Toronto to NJ and Toronto to TX with no issues. Had land crossings on Ontario/ NY border and Quebec/ NY border.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-P
Hi, I’m flying from Toronto to NJ, what documents do you need besides your passport, I-94 and I797?
Also, is the check in process like? It’s my first time using it.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Hi, I’m flying from Toronto to NJ, what documents do you need besides your passport, I-94 and I797?
Also, is the check in process like? It’s my first time using it.
Hi please tell how was the immigration process? What questions did thy ask? I hv seen few officers doesn’t know whats avr process in this case how one should explain? Also what flight did you use each time? Thanks

mitwa1990

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
NOC Code......
My sister came to Canada for her first PR landing from USA for a day via Air Canada and she flew back successfully using AVR. She was asked expired passport which had old F1 visa, i797A and new passport. The immigration line was huge in Toronto so make sure to have a buffer time while flying from Toronto. .

Ridham28

Feb 28, 2022
I did my landing on Jan12th and used AVR to return to the US. I was unable to get a boarding pass from the kiosk and had to check with an agent. Showed my expired Visa and the valid H1 with I94 and got the boarding pass.

The US customs officers in Toronto are aware of the AVR rule. I still had to go to secondary inspection where a second agent verified my docs and let me go. You should be fine as long as you have all the docs ready. Just remember not to provide any information to the US customs officers unless they specifically ask for it. The Canadian officers much more friendly and relaxed. You shouldn't have any issues with PR process.
I did my landing on Jan12th and used AVR to return to the US. I was unable to get a boarding pass from the kiosk and had to check with an agent. Showed my expired Visa and the valid H1 with I94 and got the boarding pass.

The US customs officers in Toronto are aware of the AVR rule. I still had to go to secondary inspection where a second agent verified my docs and let me go. You should be fine as long as you have all the docs ready. Just remember not to provide any information to the US customs officers unless they specifically ask for it. The Canadian officers much more friendly and relaxed. You shouldn't have any issues with PR process.
Hi, can you please share your landing experience?

I Received my COPR in April 2022 which expires in July 2022 & My PR was selected through PNP (Ontario)

1. So I do have to land in the same Province that nominated me or I can land in another Province and do the COPR stamping.
2. Can I apply for a PR card during my soft landing ? Also, does it have to Ontario's address
3. If not, how can I enter Canada again to apply for PR as COPR is valid for one entry only