+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone studied computer science in Concordia? I have a question

Maima

Aug 8, 2014
Hey guys,

I just got an offer of admission from Concordia University for Computer Science: Computer Games course for the winter semester. I also received an offer from a university in the United Kingdom for Computer Science: Games Development course and now I'm struggling, I don't know which one I should go to since both of the universities are good and I like both of their curriculum. I think Canada would be better for me since I have many friends & family in Canada who can help me out every once in a while, I just have but one question regarding Concordia's Computer Games program for those who actually went there (as international students) and studied there. Right under program details, it says "A Bachelor of Computer Science degree takes a minimum of three or four years (90 – 120 credits) of full-time study" Now this I'm okay with, every university has this, but this is where I don't get and this is what is pushing me away from accepting Concordia's offer, "Graduate of high school outside Quebec will take 30 credits in addition to the regular (90 or 120 credit) degree program". This is utter nonsense, can someone please explain this for me? Do I have to study there for FIVE years just to graduate with a bachelor's degree? This is so unfair! Let alone I'm paying 18k or so a year!

Any information regarding the topic is greatly appreciated and sorry if I rambled, I really want to go to Concordia but one thing I know for sure, I will NOT spend 5 years studying just to get a bachelor's.