+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone still waiting for Study permit decision since 2020?

SYC

Jun 8, 2021
Hi my situation is almost the same as yours, if not the same, I’d advise to order for your gcsm notes… I ordered 4times with constant emails to the processing office and I got my visa approved just last week. Good luck
Would really be helpful if you can tell about the emails to the processing officer.

Jane788

Jun 4, 2021
Would really be helpful if you can tell about the emails to the processing officer.
I never mentioned processing officers, I said processing office which in this case was London, I got their email from the website.

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
I never mentioned processing officers, I said processing office which in this case was London, I got their email from the website.
Hi! can you be a little more specific about this? i would like to know, do you did that after got your GCMS notes?

Jane788

Jun 4, 2021
Hi! can you be a little more specific about this? i would like to know, do you did that after got your GCMS notes?
Yes after I got my gcms notes, I got to know that my primary processing office responsible for my application is London, all I had to do was to email Canada office in London about the delay of my visa, although I kept getting same answers, but I never relented… I made sure I emailed them at least twice a week giving them the reasons as to how the delay has affected me and my studies..

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Yes after I got my gcms notes, I got to know that my primary processing office responsible for my application is London, all I had to do was to email Canada office in London about the delay of my visa, although I kept getting same answers, but I never relented… I made sure I emailed them at least twice a week giving them the reasons as to how the delay has affected me and my studies..
Thank you very much for reply me, I ordered my GCMS notes its supposed to arrive next Wednesday, I have 4 months waiting for medical request, I had risen 2 webform asking about my status application, the answer in both of them was the same "is still in process". I don't know if defer to January, my classes start on Sept. 7th.

Last edited:

Jane788

Jun 4, 2021
Thank you very much for reply me, I ordered my GCMS notes its supposed to arrive next Wednesday, I have 4 months waiting for medical request, I had risen 2 webform asking about my status application, the answer in both of them was the same "is still in process". I don't know if defer to January, my classes start on Sept. 7th.
Well in my case I never got a medical request after waiting for about a month,I think it also contributed to the delay of my application, I just contacted the doctor and I was told to come do it.. 5 days later it was updated.. you should wait for your gcsm notes to come out before deciding to defer, you never can tell, it may come out before your classes starts, I suggest you do your medicals.

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Well in my case I never got a medical request after waiting for about a month,I think it also contributed to the delay of my application, I just contacted the doctor and I was told to come do it.. 5 days later it was updated.. you should wait for your gcsm notes to come out before deciding to defer, you never can tell, it may come out before your classes starts, I suggest you do your medicals.
Thank you for the advise, I will do that.

Ahm@d

Aug 25, 2019
Guys I've been waiting for my visa since 1st September 2020. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Feb 23rd medical updated. A few ghost updates after that. But nothing for 3 months or so
You should call IRCC and try to find out the office where your file is being processed. Then try sending a webform to the respective office. Have you sent a webform earlier?

Ahm@d

Aug 25, 2019
I think it's in Adudhabi. Can you send me their no. Yeah I've sent many webforms. They say they are doing background check

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I applied my study permit in December 2020, and in Feb I got a notice that my case has been sent to Edmonton. I ordered GCMS last month and just got the note today. Edmonton case center doesn't have an email address, but they got mail address. What an old fashion! I started writing mail to them since last week. So anxious waiting in Canada for nothing. I can't even begin online studying.