+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone still waiting for Study permit decision since 2020?

SYC

Jun 8, 2021
Hi,

I have applied for my study permit application since June 2020 and I have not received any decision as of now. It's been a year now and I have found that my application is being processed in Edmonton. Is there someone out there in the same position?? I really dont know how long do I have to wait.

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
Hi there, same here. Applied in May 2020. Medical passed but has been removed due to expiration. Mine is in Ottawa. Have you studied since Fall 2020?

SYC

Jun 8, 2021
Hi there, same here. Applied in May 2020. Medical passed but has been removed due to expiration. Mine is in Ottawa. Have you studied since Fall 2020?
My medical is also updated, but no point its going to expire tomorrow. Can you tell me what did you mean by removed? Did they ask you to give it again??
And I had initially applied for fall 2020, then deferred it to Jan 2021. Started my online classes since Jan, 2021 with the help of my AIP. WBU?

SYC

Jun 8, 2021
Hey, Can you tell me what are you planning to do?? Seems like we are in the same boat. Is there any solution to this? I am really losing my mind now due to this.

Reactions: trang.ng.pharm

trang.ng.pharm

Sep 13, 2019
My medical is also updated, but no point its going to expire tomorrow. Can you tell me what did you mean by removed? Did they ask you to give it again??
And I had initially applied for fall 2020, then deferred it to Jan 2021. Started my online classes since Jan, 2021 with the help of my AIP. WBU?
Hi there, yeah they remove the result when the medical expires, meaning your medical status will go back to 0. Now let's hope they will request us to do medical soon.
Regarding what to do, I was crazily anxious when knowing new applications got approval within 7 days, which is so unfair to 2020 backlog. I had a chat with my school today, someone said: hearing no news might be a good news, if IRCC rejects you, it would have done that long time ago not waited until now. Another option is to take Leave of Absence (need to check carefully with your school if they allow you to and this act will not affect your PGWP). Other than these, I have no other solution.

SYC

Jun 8, 2021
Hi there, yeah they remove the result when the medical expires, meaning your medical status will go back to 0. Now let's hope they will request us to do medical soon.
Regarding what to do, I was crazily anxious when knowing new applications got approval within 7 days, which is so unfair to 2020 backlog. I had a chat with my school today, someone said: hearing no news might be a good news, if IRCC rejects you, it would have done that long time ago not waited until now. Another option is to take Leave of Absence (need to check carefully with your school if they allow you to and this act will not affect your PGWP). Other than these, I have no other solution.
Yeah Ive heard of that too, that its good its delayed atleast they won't reject. If they had to they would have done by now. And Ive spoken to my university about the leave of absence and its possible. But i really don't want to take a gap. I am in my second semester right now. I'll finish this probably and think about leave of absence. Anyways, I hope both of us get soon. Keep me posted if there is anything we can do other than just waiting.

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for my study permit application since June 2020 and I have not received any decision as of now. It's been a year now and I have found that my application is being processed in Edmonton. Is there someone out there in the same position?? I really dont know how long do I have to wait.
I am there from June 2020, did you get bvl?

beekerr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Waiting since March 2020 as well. Latest update is that I got my medical done again upon medical request. Still waiting.
Did any of you get any update?