+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recieved an ITA under CEC and NOT had POF required in personal checklist?

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've read some posts by people saying they listed their funds available as $0 and when they got an ITA, there was no requirement in their personalized document checklist for a proof of funds upload. Can anyone who has been in this situation please confirm this? Is there anyone at all who was not required to upload proof of funds?

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
AM198 said:
I've read some posts by people saying they listed their funds available as $0 and when they got an ITA, there was no requirement in their personalized document checklist for a proof of funds upload. Can anyone who has been in this situation please confirm this? Is there anyone at all who was not required to upload proof of funds?
Yes, if one qualifies under CEC in ITA they would not need to furnish POF.

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
SMCANADAVISA said:
Yes, if one qualifies under CEC in ITA they would not need to furnish POF.
SM... have you been invited and not asked to provide POF? We need personal experience please..

Also, in the same situation. Anyone who has expeerinced this pls comment.

Thanks

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
jasmine4u said:
SM... have you been invited and not asked to provide POF? We need personal experience please..

Also, in the same situation. Anyone who has expeerinced this pls comment.

Thanks
I submitted my application and though employed in Canada submitted POF. CIC set the criteria as POF not required for CEC. They have not set up any criteria/rule asking not to provide POF. Which means even if you are CEC you can still submit POF to strengthen your case. It's unlikely that you will find anyone who CIC has asked not to submit POF.

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
SMCANADAVISA said:
I submitted my application and though employed in Canada submitted POF. CIC set the criteria as POF not required for CEC. They have not set up any criteria/rule asking not to provide POF. Which means even if you are CEC you can still submit POF to strengthen your case. It's unlikely that you will find anyone who CIC has asked not to submit POF.
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Can you please share your score.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AM198 said:
I think what you really want to know is if anyone who got an ITA through CEC, who had less than 600 points, did not have a request for a proof of funds upload. I'm curious about that, too. Not speculation, not quoting the CEC requirements, but an actual CEC applicant with less than 600 points, meaning no LMIA, who was not asked to submit proof of funds.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
dobes said:
I think what you really want to know is if anyone who got an ITA through CEC, who had less than 600 points, did not have a request for a proof of funds upload. I'm curious about that, too. Not speculation, not quoting the CEC requirements, but an actual CEC applicant with less than 600 points, meaning no LMIA, who was not asked to submit proof of funds.
BTW, for me no lmia,CEC qualified and they asked to upload pof for me .
I have declared some amount while creating profile but now I don't have that much and will send whatever I have. Hope it would not be problem.

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Yes, that's what I was looking for - someone who has been in this exact situation, telling us about their experience. I don't know how someone like SM is adding any value by repeating statements from the outdated website.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are living outside Canada , and qualify in CEC, you have to show POF.

But If you living in Canada, and qualify in CEC, you don't have to show POF. You can submit your financial statement if you wish to. But don't required to show 12000$ or 15000$ ,as you already living in Canada

I don't understand why people keep asking same questions about POF repeatedly!

I hope this clear every doubts!

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prishah said:

But If you living in Canada, and qualify in CEC, you don't have to show POF. You can submit your financial statement if you wish to. But don't required to show 12000$ or 15000$ ,as you already living in Canada

This would clear every doubt if you told us how you came to determine this fact. Is there any website you can reference or did anyone from the call centre tell you this?

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
in some cases, proof that you have enough money to support yourself (and your family members in Canada, if any are coming with you)

But still you can upload your financial statement what ever amount you show in order to loose ground for PR.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prishah said:

I think people keep asking because it makes no sense that it should be different for those inside Canada who get invited through CEC, and those invited for FSW. It does make sense that people outside Canada invited in either program should have to prove they have funds to resettle. But why should it be different under the two programs for those already here? I think it is that inconsistency that keeps people asking questions.

Also, people seem to believe that if they are invited through CEC, no matter where they are, they don't have to provide POF.

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I think people keep asking because it makes no sense that it should be different for those inside Canada who get invited through CEC, and those invited for FSW. It does make sense that people outside Canada invited in either program should have to prove they have funds to resettle. But why should it be different under the two programs for those already here? I think it is that inconsistency that keeps people asking questions.

Also, people seem to believe that if they are invited through CEC, no matter where they are, they don't have to provide POF.
Does anyone have any definitive proof that if you are in canada and apply through CEC, you don't need to show the funds?

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
In Canada. No LMIA. Invited under CEC. Asked to show PoF. It is not your choice to not upload PoF documents if CIC asks for one. You cannot submit the profile if PoF is listed in your profile as required document.