+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone received oath with Halifax office?

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Sorry, I'm just seeing these. I called the call centre yesterday and they told me that it's odd that I still don't see anything completed online and that they would internally send IRCC Halifax an email. I doubt that it will change anything but I'm going to wait for a week and see what happens.

I did email my MP about 7 times. It's always the same excuses; Covid, Halifax office is experiencing a lot of delays, etc. etc. I'm really sorry that you still haven't heard either. Deep down I was hoping that this was just my bad luck and that they had already sent you the oath invite. I'm so sorry for providing you inaccurate information that the interviewer gave me.

I agree with you on the MP. I don't think they care, they try calling IRCC on our behalf to get information but the amount of information that they got me was less than what I could get with GCMS notes. What drives me insane is that my husband is a born Canadian and has voted for our MP twice now so I hoped that they would take him seriously when he asked but nothing changed :D I'm going to wait till next Monday. If nothing changes I'm going to call our MP's office. Maybe they'll take me more seriously on the phone.

Here is the email that they sent me my interview invitation from:
CIC-Halifax@cic.gc.ca
I'm really crossing my fingers for you.
Wow you replied really quick! I just posted these minutes ago! :D And thanks for the email, I might have a try...

I thought you already got DM... are you still waiting for DM? This is really odd... :(

Reactions: zeyzey6

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Thank you for the update , Halifax office is frustrating , don't understand why they are delaying everyone including people reached decision made
I guess gov employees are all on summer leave so nobody can host an oath ceremony until fall... :(

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Wow you replied really quick! I just posted these minutes ago! :D And thanks for the email, I might have a try...

I thought you already got DM... are you still waiting for DM? This is really odd... :(
Nothing changed for me unfortunately. 10 minute interview, and I was told everything would turn to complete by the end of the day on June 1st and I would see that online by June 4th. Now 6 weeks later, Language skills, prohibitions and physical presence are still in progress and oath shows up as not started. Don't know what to think anymore. I just find it really disgraceful for them to tell me that my application was complete and I would hear about oath in 4 to 8 weeks and just toss my file somewhere as soon as they were done with the interview. I had not heard of anyone whose other categories didn't turn to completed after the interview but of course I had to be that person :(

• Sad
Reactions: Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Nothing changed for me unfortunately. 10 minute interview, and I was told everything would turn to complete by the end of the day on June 1st and I would see that online by June 4th. Now 6 weeks later, Language skills, prohibitions and physical presence are still in progress and oath shows up as not started. Don't know what to think anymore. I just find it really disgraceful for them to tell me that my application was complete and I would hear about oath in 4 to 8 weeks and just toss my file somewhere as soon as they were done with the interview. I had not heard of anyone whose other categories didn't turn to completed after the interview but of course I had to be that person :(
This is very rare... most people's statuses turn to complete almost immediately after the interview... I guess this is why they sent an internal email to Halifax office to follow up. Fingers crossed... I really hope this will work for you!

Reactions: zeyzey6

missbreizh

Jun 16, 2016
I am from Halifax as well, I passed the test on March 31st and still haven't heard anything. The tracker is "in progress" since April 23rd and only the background verification and citizenship test are marked as completed. The rest is still "in progress" or "not started" for the citizenship ceremony. It seems like the Halifax office is really slow once you take the test...

kangarooduck

Mar 3, 2015
I am a July 2019 applicant whose application is also with the Halifax office. As per my signature I passed the citizenship test in early February, followed by the interview in mid May and a second FP request in mid June. The tracker is reporting only the test as 'completed' with everything else as 'In progress'. The long waiting game continues and it is reassuring to see others in the same boat..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just noticed today on that the language skills, prohibition and physical presented changed to "completed" on July 26th! Now I wonder how long it will be until I get the oath request, hopefully not too long :)
This is Decision Made. You might see DM status on ECAS tomorrow (if you don't already see it now). Congrats.

The time for oath greatly varies even between applicants from the same office. Assume it'll take at least 2 months in order to avoid disappointment (It might happen sooner than that).

Wish you all the very best!

Reactions: missbreizh

missbreizh

Jun 16, 2016
This is Decision Made. You might see DM status on ECAS tomorrow (if you don't already see it now). Congrats.

The time for oath greatly varies even between applicants from the same office. Assume it'll take at least 2 months in order to avoid disappointment (It might happen sooner than that).

Wish you all the very best!
Thank you! It did check ECAS and it shows Decision Made :)

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thank you! It did check ECAS and it shows Decision Made :)
That's great news. My Prohibitions, Language Skills and Physical Presence categories all switched to "completed" on July 20th. Old ecas says "Decision made". I really hope that Halifax office will send all of us an oath invite soon. I was told that I would hear in about 8 weeks after the interview and that was yesterday :D Hopefully it won't be too long.

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I just noticed today on that the language skills, prohibition and physical presented changed to "completed" on July 26th! Now I wonder how long it will be until I get the oath request, hopefully not too long :)
Congrats!! However I've been waiting for the oath since 03 May, almost 3 months now... Halifax Office is definitely slow in terms of the oath... :(

Kud927

Feb 24, 2020
Decision Made in ecas & everything is in Complete state on the new tracker. Just waiting for Oath invite now. I remember when i had the interview on June 10th, they told me the oath will likely be in Sept so i guess we're on track. Dont know why Hali office is so slow though but I guess Ottawa controls everything like the invites, decision making etc... Good luck to everyone

Last edited:

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Decision Made in ecas & everything is in Complete state on the new tracker. Just waiting for Oath invite now. I remember when i had the interview on June 10th, they told me the oath will likely be in Sept so i guess we're on track. Dont know why Hali office is so slow though but I guess Ottawa controls everything like the invites, decsion macking etc... Good luck to everyone
Thanks so much for the new info! At least now I know when to expect the oath! :) I've been in "decision made" status for 3 months now, simply no updates...

Reactions: zeyzey6 and wskamel