+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone postponed test?

tarunkkk

Aug 7, 2014
Hi All,
I have an urgent question and really appreciate your replies/suggestions .
Did anyone requested to postpone the test by a week or two weeks? How long it took for them to get back to you or to provide new date you think?
As I am travelling during my test date but really don't want to push my process by another month or so. So bit confused!!! Please suggest!!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi All,
I have an urgent question and really appreciate your replies/suggestions .
Did anyone requested to postpone the test by a week or two weeks? How long it took for them to get back to you or to provide new date you think?
As I am travelling during my test date but really don't want to push my process by another month or so. So bit confused!!! Please suggest!!
They will postpone your test, but then you are postponed until they fit you into another testing queue. They don't just test single applicants daily. They have set dates throughout the year for testing and/or oaths. If the next testing date at your location is 6 months away, you will wait 6 months. If it is 3 weeks, then you'll wait that long. I think you get the idea. For me, personally, I would rather reschedule my trip than my test, but that is my personal choice.

Good luck.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Whenever anyone looked for suggestion about postponding test or oath, you will find at least 2-3 comments like this "Don't if you can".
Well, that person probably not cancelling the test because it falls into his laundry day. I saw people in this forum not going to see their dead father because it falls into their oath time. Well, citizenship is not that important for a PR in Canada. It is important but there are so many other things in life is far more important than that.
That is why I said “ if you CAN”
In fact I am one who informed them in advance of two long travels so that test/oath would not fall within the period that I was away and it worked for me.
But...it took 6 long weeks for them to even acknowledge that they received my online form with my travel dates.
So, I maintain, if you CAN avoid it.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Well, my understanding is, they already exercise the "if you can" part before looking for alternative.
Well, than we do not agree.
I could have changed my travel plans, but did not want to.
If the original poster does not want to push it by a month or so as he/she says, than the answer must be: don’t do it in the first place as you WILL push it and you process WILL take longer.
If you do not care, phone them and send an online form to explain your situation.
Again...it took 6 weeks for them to acknowledge the receipt of my online request.
What else would you suggest I should explain to the original poster?
I told my opinion and explained how to do it if you cannot change it...