+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone planning to apply for PR under the new pathway; Can we still work in Quebec?

bainco

May 27, 2021
Hello all, I've been trying to search about this but couldn't find enough information. So my situation is that I am a recent international graduate in Montreal and I currently hold a valid PGWP. I've actually graduated a year ago and applied for CSQ which is still being processed. And now that the new federal temporary PR pathway has been launched, I think I'm being more inclined to apply under the new path as well. The thing is that, to be eligible for the new program, of course I would need to get a job asap. But I wouldn't want to get a job outside of QC since that would revoke my application for CSQ which of course requires that I settle in QC. But then If I were to get a job in QC, I'm afraid if I would be disqualified for the new TR to PR pathway because of the "intent to settle outside of QC" requirement. So the question is, provided that I would want to have a job in QC for the time being, would the federal government be strict on that requirement and refuse to process my application, or would it be enough to convince them that even though I'll work in QC for now, I'll be moving to / seek another job outside of QC as soon as the PR under the new program is approved?

tl;dr:
I live in Montreal, QC and am interested in the new PR policy, but don't want to move to another province right now. I wonder if it would be ok to submit the application with a job in QC and show the intent to move outside after I get the PR. (and as long as I get the PR I don't mind settling in any province)

Also a huge question: I heard applications submitted by far would all be processed by the end of this year. I would like to hear your opinion on whether it seems possible that my application get approved by the end of next year if I apply by, let's say, around August. If the PR processing time under this program is similar to what CIC says on the website for federal skilled workers, which is 6 months, it would be much more of my interest to apply this way than the Quebec worker path which would take 15~20+ months even after getting the CSQ approved..

I would appreciate any insight on this. Thank you!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello all, I've been trying to search about this but couldn't find enough information. So my situation is that I am a recent international graduate in Montreal and I currently hold a valid PGWP. I've actually graduated a year ago and applied for CSQ which is still being processed. And now that the new federal temporary PR pathway has been launched, I think I'm being more inclined to apply under the new path as well. The thing is that, to be eligible for the new program, of course I would need to get a job asap. But I wouldn't want to get a job outside of QC since that would revoke my application for CSQ which of course requires that I settle in QC. But then If I were to get a job in QC, I'm afraid if I would be disqualified for the new TR to PR pathway because of the "intent to settle outside of QC" requirement. So the question is, provided that I would want to have a job in QC for the time being, would the federal government be strict on that requirement and refuse to process my application, or would it be enough to convince them that even though I'll work in QC for now, I'll be moving to / seek another job outside of QC as soon as the PR under the new program is approved?

tl;dr:
I live in Montreal, QC and am interested in the new PR policy, but don't want to move to another province right now. I wonder if it would be ok to submit the application with a job in QC and show the intent to move outside after I get the PR. (and as long as I get the PR I don't mind settling in any province)

Also a huge question: I heard applications submitted by far would all be processed by the end of this year. I would like to hear your opinion on whether it seems possible that my application get approved by the end of next year if I apply by, let's say, around August. If the PR processing time under this program is similar to what CIC says on the website for federal skilled workers, which is 6 months, it would be much more of my interest to apply this way than the Quebec worker path which would take 15~20+ months even after getting the CSQ approved..

I would appreciate any insight on this. Thank you!
You need to show an intention of moving, could be jobs applied, interviews etc. I am pretty sure they will down the line, may ask for proof of your intentions.

This is from the processing manual, aka the book for the officers

Intent to reside outside of Quebec
IRCC must be satisfied that the applicant intends to reside in a province or territory other than the province of Quebec.

Processing offices must follow procedural fairness guidelines if they are not satisfied that an applicant meets the criteria of the Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway. In such cases, the office must inform the applicant of their concerns, and the applicant must have the opportunity to respond and provide additional information in support of their application.

Link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

bainco

May 27, 2021
Thanks for the help. I guess they're really pretty serious about the intention-to-move requirement so it's making me more inclined to just move out of QC. I'm curious though if the applicantions under the French stream and the other stream will be processed indifferently, in terms of processing time. Or maybe the French ones even faster since there's way less number of them. I just hope at least it's not significantly slower than the other one.