+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone ? PCC ? Wrong Police Station

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Hello Experts,

While applying for Indian PCC, I mistakenly mentioned wrong police station on the online application. But I haven’t taken printout yet and haven’t sent it to BLS yet.
Can I fill out a new application on the website for India PCC on the link that BLS provides.
As The application I already submitted can neither be deleted or edited. So what should I do ?

Or should I call the BLS. Anyone who can help here please

Last edited:

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Also one more thing, did my husband need to mention me on his passport first, before applying for PCC.
Or attaching a Marriage certificate work for him?

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
I made 4 applications lol what do you mean I am sure? I am not too sure about the second question but from what I have read in other threads you don't need spouse name on your passport anymore as long as you have documentation to prove it. but I'd check the threads at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/india-pcc-from-toronto.683390/page-176#post-9103872 , A lot more candidates have the same question as you.
Thanks, I trust you. I read the following on Consulate website that's why got little concerned and that's why i asked Are You Sure ?

"Caution: Applicants are advised not to submit multiple applications for PCC unless and until the previous file is closed with the issuance of PCC. Care must be taken to select correct gender, as Mr. or Ms. and son of/ daughter of is printed by the system based on entries made by the applicant in his/her PCC application, correction in such cases is not possible. Applicants with such correction requests may submit their application again at the BLS."

However i feel since i have not submitted yet to BLS so i can submit one more form and i will go with your word

Thanks a tonnee

And also do you know if Walk in at BLS speeds up the process as compared to BLS pick up service through purolator

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Thanks, I trust you. I read the following on Consulate website that's why got little concerned and that's why i asked Are You Sure ?

"Caution: Applicants are advised not to submit multiple applications for PCC unless and until the previous file is closed with the issuance of PCC. Care must be taken to select correct gender, as Mr. or Ms. and son of/ daughter of is printed by the system based on entries made by the applicant in his/her PCC application, correction in such cases is not possible. Applicants with such correction requests may submit their application again at the BLS."

However i feel since i have not submitted yet to BLS so i can submit one more form and i will go with your word

Thanks a tonnee

And also do you know if Walk in at BLS speeds up the process as compared to BLS pick up service through purolator
Yeah I cant blame ya, I actually spoke to the person at BLS and he advised me to file a new application so I knew it would be fine. Walk in is definitely faster if you have that option. My postal application took 2 extra weeks just for BLS to receive the docs

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Oh ! Two extra weeks just to receive the docs. really ? This is crazy.

And how long it took you overall to receive your PCC.

Also I am sorry I have been bothering you a lot with too may questions,

Any idea on whether bank statement or rental agreement is accepted as residence proof

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Oh ! Two extra weeks just to receive the docs. really ? This is crazy.

And how long it took you overall to receive your PCC.

Also I am sorry I have been bothering you a lot with too may questions,

Any idea on whether bank statement or rental agreement is accepted as residence proof
My process was fairly quick after they received the document. They sent it to CGI Toronto on Dec 15 and then my parents contacted the police station in India to complete the verification and on Dec 24 they printed the PCC and sent it Via Purolator and I received it on Dec 29. So all in all one month Since I mailed the application on Dec 2. I submitted Drivers license since I am still at the current address but rental Agreement should be good enough. It would be much better if you do this in person coz if there's some document they need, you can resolve it right there but with postal you have to wait for them to reach out to you.

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
Archana did you get your PCC? I also by mistake entered the incorrect police station on the application but haven't submitted any form or application yet. Should I simply refill the application form with the correct information and mail it to them?