+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone know what this would imply? Email from CIC...

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
I received this from Los Angeles the other day after writing to them about my Outland application. Anybody have a slight idea about how long it would take for them to "review" after this email? Or what I should be expecting?

"Your case is in queue to be reviewed, as soon as the officer reviews your file a letter will be sent requesting additional information if required, if an interview is required, we will schedule you for an interview.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,"

???

Thanks in advance for all that have responded!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
out of curiousity, why would you contact the Los Angeles office? Los Angeles does not process sponsorship applications, they only handle the interview portion for US applicants. you want to be contacting the visa office that is handling your file. your timeline suggests that would be Ankara.

US applications are sent to Ottawa first, and only transferred to LA if they are red flagged for an interview. what visa office did your sponsor approval letter say your application is being sent to? Did you attend an interview in Los Angeles or receive a request for one?

It sounds like what you received is a generic response, and since LA does not process applications, except for US interviews, not much else can be expected from them. you are better off sending a case specific inquiry through the IRCC website or applying for your GCMS notes to see what movement has been done on your file.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
CDNPR2014 said:
out of curiousity, why would you contact the Los Angeles office? Did you attend an interview there or receive a request for one? Los Angeles does not process sponsorship applications, they only handle the interview portion for US applicants. you want to be contacting the visa office that is handling your file. your timeline suggests that would be Ankara. what visa office did your sponsor approval letter say your application is being sent to?

It sounds like what you received is a generic response, and since LA does not process applications, except for US interviews, not much else can be expected. you are better off sending a case specific inquiry through the IRCC website or applying for your GCMS notes to see what movement has been done on your file.
I had a feeling I should have made that more clear...Sorry. Let me explain briefly. My application went to Ankara as I am a citizen of turkey. However, Ankara sent interview request to me to come to Ankara for Interview. I cannot leave the USA and if I do can not enter the USA if I receive a denial from VO. So my wife went to MP in Canada to ask it to be transferred to Los Angeles. It was transferred sometime within the last 2 months. So I have been in contact with Los Angeles since they have my application now.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
I had a feeling I should have made that more clear...Sorry. Let me explain briefly. My application went to Ankara as I am a citizen of turkey. However, Ankara sent interview request to me to come to Ankara for Interview. I cannot leave the USA and if I do can not enter the USA if I receive a denial from VO. So my wife went to MP in Canada to ask it to be transferred to Los Angeles. It was transferred sometime within the last 2 months. So I have been in contact with Los Angeles since they have my application now.
i would highly recommend ordering your GCMS notes to see what the status is. You are not going to have luck getting information from LA. If you are pinged for an interview at LA, then it's quite typical to not get a request until the 10-12 month mark. Based on what we've seen here, files sent to LA have a 12-16 month total processing time.

Since the file was only transferred 2 months ago, and there were holidays within that time, then it will be more time before anything happens. if nothing has been sent after 90 days, then i'd recommend reaching out to your mp again.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
CDNPR2014 said:
i would highly recommend ordering your GCMS notes to see what the status is. You are not going to have luck getting information from LA. If you are pinged for an interview at LA, then it's quite typical to not get a request until the 10-12 month mark. Based on what we've seen here, files sent to LA have a 12-16 month total processing time.

Since the file was only transferred 2 months ago, and there were holidays within that time, then it will be more time before anything happens. if nothing has been sent after 90 days, then i'd recommend reaching out to your mp again.
I will do that next. I do not know when they received my app from Ankara VO. I will try to find that our.

And are you implying 10-12 months from my original date I applied back in February or from the time they received my application within the last couple months?

and yes MP did state last she spoke with him if at the end of March comes around or around my application date then she was urged to let him know.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
And are you implying 10-12 months from my original date I applied back in February or from the time they received my application within the last couple months?
generally, those with interviews in LA take 12-16 months from date of application submission, so theoretically your processing can take 12-16 months from February 2016.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
CDNPR2014 said:
generally, those with interviews in LA take 12-16 months from date of application submission, so theoretically you're processing can take 12-16 months from February 2016.
Ok, I thought so. Thanks for the advice and tips. :)