+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone know how the local office process the file?

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
my file has been transfered to local office 2.5 months ago, no response yet,
anyone know what is the local office doing to the file? how do they schedule test? how long should we wait for?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Each local office is so wildly different that it is tough to give any insight. Heck, even within the same office there seems to be different rules.

grag2

Mar 20, 2014
So, does ecas update when file transfers to local office? Or do you have to call to find out? Thanks

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
suresure said:
my file has been transfered to local office 2.5 months ago, no response yet,
anyone know what is the local office doing to the file? how do they schedule test? how long should we wait for?
Your file is put on a shelf where it waits sometimes for years.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WHAT?????? :eek:

e-cas does not get updated by local offices . DURING THE VARIOUS PROCESSES OF CASE PROCESSING WHEN YOUR PROFILE HITS A TARGET LEVEL OF PROCESSING AUTOMATICALLY A GENERIC MSG GETS DISPLAYED TO YOUR E-CAS .

Lets see for an example - how this works.
Mr.x applied for citizenship as a new applicant
0.1 he sends application to cic on 18th august .
0.2 cpc gets application on 22 august
0.3 cpc shots application in a temporary archive for month may be two
0.4 cpc sort application out and opens it for ottawa centre offices or division
0.5 cpc officer 1 who works in CPC for ottawa cic reads application and go thru all documents and see if this application is done right or done wrong .
0.6 cpc officer 2 accepts the application as legit and done correctly also completes additional check for your application -back ground / RCMP/CBSA etc etc ..
0.7 CPC considers this application as a process-able application and declares this as a routine( simple, single guy who never left canada with all taxes paid and not even had a trafic ticket ) or non routine application ( family who has been in and out of country with more then one marriage/devorces and husband with criminal background or doubtful documents - non matching physical presence but low income and etc etc )
0.8 CPC also completes all require things in extreme cases ( sending RQ or fingerprints looking for additional documents from applicants for ottawa cic
0.9 application gets forwarded to ottawa .. this automatically activates an additional portal for applicant to see their updates online from outside world

ALL SATISFACTORY APPLICATIONS WHICH GOES THROUGH ALL THESE STEPS MAY BE LESS STEPS (SOME TIMES ) PASSES LEVEL 1 AND GENERIC MSG ( in this case 1. and 2.and 3. GETS DISPLAYED TO YOUR E-CAS by application system for you to see .

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 21, 2013.

3.1 cic officer 3 accepts the application as legit and done correctly and under a reasonable time frame also completes additional check for your application -back ground / RCMP/CBSA etc etc ..

3.2 cic ottawa creates two streams of processes ROUTINE AND NON-ROUTINE application gets selected for routine

3.3 CIC also completes all require things in extreme cases ( non routine) one more time ( sending RQ or fingerprints looking for additional documents from applicants for ottawa cic .

3.4 when all these steps are completed ottawa sends a letter to appear for test and quick interview .this completes LEVEL 2 FOR APPLICANT.
SYSTEM TRIGGERS AN AUTOMATIC UPDATE IN E-CAS ABOUT THIS .BECAUSE CIC WANTS APPLICANTS TO KNOW THAT THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND APPLICANTS INTERACTION IS REQUIRED .STATUS 4 GETS DISPLAYED

4.We sent you a notice on March 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

IN SHORT ...there ain't no body a single computer programmer does this every weekend sippinG timmis from his home .. OFFICERS WHO TOUCHED YOUR APPLICATION COMPLETES CERTAIN THINGS TRIGGERING RESPONSES THAT YOU SEE ON E-CAS AND STEP BY STEP FINISHES ALL THE LEVEL OF THIS GAME ..

HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE :) CHEERS

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D
i am waiting for oath .lol. i shouldn't share something what i have not been thru ..yet!! lying would not help any one

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
c0mputer said:
;D
i am waiting for oath .lol. i shouldn't share something what i have not been thru ..yet!! lying would not help any one
Good explanation. I wish our e-status would update at each and every step like you explained. Any applicant would know where his application is and at what level.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:(

i wish

but this is not that easy -- i am still not clear about how this process works exactly --i must be missing so many bells and whistles as i am yet to explain the entire process and why some routine cases takes longer and why some busy centre gets things done faster ..

i would not lie to any one - THIS IS JUST A FRAGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION because my workplace does almost similar process ..i am merely co-relating and elaborating some aspects of process management that we do everyday for our clients .

what i have explained, perfectly fits -DOES NOT MEAN THIS IS THE TRUTH ..LOL

grag2

Mar 20, 2014
How long does it take approximately from "we started processing your application" to Local office transfer? Granted is a routine application.

dnt4554

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
grag2 said:
How long does it take from "we started processing your application" to Local office transfer?
How many days from the day you're born to the day you die? Dunno coz it's different for everyone and you can only give an answer after the fact. Hope this helps.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnt4554 said:
How many days from the day you're born to the day you die? Dunno coz it's different for everyone and you can only give an answer after the fact. Hope this helps.
That's cold right there :)

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just got a msg from my home up near cornwall ontario while travelling 800 km away down south in sarnia ontario ...i have officially received an OATH LETTER Grin

THEY ASKED ME TO COME TO FOR OATH ON 10TH JUNE IN OTTAWA ...9.00 AM Tongue

i mean i have to cut my work training and trip short for it .. YOU BETCHA --I AM COMING OTTAWA Smiley

THATS ENDS 9 MONTH OF WAIT ...E-CAS HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET ..BUT I COULD CARE LESS NOW ..

Namastey!!!! 8)