Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
hi,

I am just curious if anyone is waiting for passport request from the consulate (outland)?
I dont know how long I should wait now???? we had interview on Feb 10, and sent the FBI police record (as they request) on 18 Feb.
Still waiting and waiting :(

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, we've been waiting for the passport request since March 2009 (husband had his interview on March 26, 2009) -- we've been waiting for about a year now. :'(

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
Hi Sadgirl,

Did the IO said to your husband that she/he was satisfied with your relationship are genuine?
What did they advise you to do after the interview? Do you have to submit more documentation to them and what are they?
They only requested my FBI police record in US. and said there would be a passport request then.
Why didnt you contact them and find out the reason why? Are you inland or outland? and which visa office you went through?

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ha Nguyen,

Yes, the IO that done the interview approved everything. My husband passed the interview and the IO approved the application for a visa. The IO said to my husband that he should be getting his passport request in about a month. However, that turned out to be a lie. We did not have to submit any further documentation.

Of course I've contacted them to see what the hold up is and all they keep telling me is that they are awaiting the results of background checks. The IO that done the interview tells me that once the background checks come in and they're cleared, my husband will receive his passport request.

We're outland and my husband's application is being processed in the London visa office.

At the end of this month I am going to do a follow up with the IO that conducted the interview to see where the case is at now. This is ridiculous, we've been waiting a year on just the background checks to clear. :'(

How about you, have you gotten in contact with anyone to see what the hold up is???

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
hi Sadgirl,

I am so sorry to hear about your waiting so long. We have been waiting around 2 weeks until now since I submitted my FBI police record to them.
I think it may take around 1 month for them to process. I dont know why it's so complicated with the background check? I dont have to go through it yet.
I hope you can hear good news soon. Good luck!

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ha Nguyen!

Which visa office are you going through? And what is your timeline?

Good Luck to you too!!!

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
SadGirl:( said:
Hi Ha Nguyen!

Which visa office are you going through? And what is your timeline?

Good Luck to you too!!!
Hi Sadgirl,

You can find my timeline under my avatar, I just add it in my profile.