+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone is preparing for CELPIP test in Canada?

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
robb83 said:
After doing IELTS last weekend I am switching to CELPIP for the first exam in May.

The reading and writing are considerably easier from the practice papers that I've seen compared to IELTS.

Not sure on the marking guidelines, is there any links to detailed information on those?

The listening is marginally harder but with the ability to take notes during it makes this a little better.

The speaking does sound tricky in places, but this is my strongest attribute, the reading and writing is what I find the hardest.
CELPIP doesn't need that much time to prepare for, specially you went thru. the IELTS recently. You don't have to wait until May 1st, there is an Exam on April.22, and one on April. 29. You can go for one of those dates.

Speaking is the most stupid thing in CELPIP. It's not hard, but stupid :).

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DonKassem said:
Okay, yes this is my same exam then. My exam on April 22 at 9:00am. I'm using CELPIP accelerate for preparation, and i bought one practice tests set. U?
We switched our timings this time... :)
My exam is at 3:00 PM.

I am using CELPIP Accelerate too.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
After recently doing IELTS for a second time and more than likely not getting the scores I need, I investigated CELPIP.

From what I;ve seen already this exam (apart from the speaking) is easier than IELTS.

In the writing section the ielts letter more than prepares you for the celpip email.

The second part to celpip is considerably easier as it gives you two choices to even write about.

Unless CELPIPs marking is much harsher than IELTS and you like writing by hand I don't see the benefit of me doing IELTS again.

The reading section also gives you a % chance of guessing the correct answer, unlike IELTS where you have to find the text from the passage. If you are running out of time I'd rather have a 25% chance than 0.

SophiaP

May 28, 2017
Hi, Everyone! I am just wondering if anyone here can share their review materials for CELPIP. I will truly appreciate if you can share your review materials to me.

SophiaP

May 28, 2017
Hello all!

I'm preparing for CELPIP-G nowadays. My exam is on April 22nd. Is there anyone here that are taking the CELPIP as well? We can study together, and i have a lot of paid preparation materials.
Hi, I would like to kindly ask if you can share your review materials to me.

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Hello all!

I'm preparing for CELPIP-G nowadays. My exam is on April 22nd. Is there anyone here that are taking the CELPIP as well? We can study together, and I have a lot of paid preparation materials.
Hi,

I am going to appear in CELPIP examination. Can you please share your experience and score. I need 8 in all section and I find speaking part quiet difficult as time pressure with continued speaking for a minute or two. Your help will really be appreciated.

morikodan

Oct 8, 2017
Hi friends,

I wrote IELTS thrice and received the highest required bands in all the sections for CLB 9, expect for writing.

Speaking: 7.5
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8

I am simply unable to get past the 6.5 barrier in writing and all i require is a 7.

I have decided to take a chance with CELPIP considering my comfort level in typing rather than writing by hand. But i require 9 in all sections. Any suggestions on how I should prepare and which section I may have to concentrate more would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Hi friends,

I wrote IELTS thrice and received the highest required bands in all the sections for CLB 9, expect for writing.

Speaking: 7.5
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8

I am simply unable to get past the 6.5 barrier in writing and all i require is a 7.

I have decided to take a chance with CELPIP considering my comfort level in typing rather than writing by hand. But i require 9 in all sections. Any suggestions on how I should prepare and which section I may have to concentrate more would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
same problem with me :(

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
CELPIP doesn't need that much time to prepare for, specially you went thru. the IELTS recently. You don't have to wait until May 1st, there is an Exam on April.22, and one on April. 29. You can go for one of those dates.

I understand it is a computer based testing but how was it like and do I require a log and password before taking the test on the test day?

lets_see

Feb 12, 2018
anyone taking CELPIP in near future, I have booked it for May 26th. This is the first time I'll be appearing for the exam, what I could I understand, writing and speaking are the toughest. I need 9 in all 4 section.

imranahmed729

May 21, 2018
My writing task 2 in my last exam was about public advertisements. I think the question was about whether you support the idea of putting advertisement in public streets and highways or no. I don't remember exactly but it was something similar to that. The reason that i scored 8 in the writing is that i exceeded the maximum word count by too much. I wrote around 350 words!!
an you please share exam material to my email "shaikimranmalik@gmail.com" PLEASE.
THANKS,
Imran

awais871

Jul 4, 2018

Hi

Can you send me CELPIP preparation material?

awais_gemini87@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

blackbox

Jul 5, 2018
Recently I passed CELPIP LS for citizenship. Preparing to the test I used a book from amazon kindle. PASS CELPIP® SPEAKING TEST: 8 Tasks to achieve your goals. That study guide was very useful for me. It is free if you have amazon kindle account. I got 8 on speaking and 7 on listening part. Good luck guys.