+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone is preparing for CELPIP test in Canada?

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
Hello all!

I'm preparing for CELPIP-G nowadays. My exam is on April 22nd. Is there anyone here that are taking the CELPIP as well? We can study together, and i have a lot of paid preparation materials.

Reactions: Ehmad sheikh

ind23

Jan 29, 2013
I aam appearing on April 09. I am preparing from the text book that I bought for ESL classes.

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
Is this your first time or you have taken the test once before? I have took the CELPIP once before from almost a month, i got L:8, W:8, R:9, S:8. However, i need 9 in all sections.

ind23

Jan 29, 2013
No this is my first time. I have to score 9 in all four section.
Seems like a quite challenging, but I am trying my best. Let see.

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
Yes, it's challenging specially for the speaking section, and maybe writing as well. Both sections are not hard, but CELPIP examiners mark them in a stupid way. I'm using CELPIP accelerate and Practice test set 5 to prepare. I bought both from their website.

Good Luck :)

Roy7

Apr 5, 2017
:eek: Ur scores are great. I am so admire that so much as I am still suffering in my writing and speaking which were only band 6 last time :( . I am still looking for useful methods to improve them, and I only need all parts in 7 to get CRS 450, which seems a good news for me.

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
CELPIP speaking sucks! This should be your main focus, bec. it's is the most stupid section in the test. For the writing, you can easily score 7, i cam help you with that.

Roy7

Apr 5, 2017
DonKassem said:
CELPIP speaking sucks! This should be your main focus, bec. it's is the most stupid section in the test. For the writing, you can easily score 7, i cam help you with that.
Thanks a lot. Can you kindly send you writing task 2, which you remember in your last test, to me for the reason that I can find my weak points when comparing it with my own writing. Please. :)

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
My writing task 2 in my last exam was about public advertisements. I think the question was about whether you support the idea of putting advertisement in public streets and highways or no. I don't remember exactly but it was something similar to that. The reason that i scored 8 in the writing is that i exceeded the maximum word count by too much. I wrote around 350 words!!

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DonKassem said:
My writing task 2 in my last exam was about public advertisements. I think the question was about whether you support the idea of putting advertisement in public streets and highways or no. I don't remember exactly but it was something similar to that. The reason that i scored 8 in the writing is that i exceeded the maximum word count by too much. I wrote around 350 words!!
Hey DonKassem,
When did you take CELPIP last time? on Feb 25th?

My writing task is same as yours.
I got L10, R10, W7, S6.

I am also retaking the exam on April 22nd.

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
My last exam was on February 26th at 1:30pm. I'm going to retake the test also on April. 22nd. Do you remember any of your speaking questions? Or even Reading passage. I want to check whether they're repeating topics or no

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DonKassem said:
My last exam was on February 26th at 1:30pm. I'm going to retake the test also on April. 22nd. Do you remember any of your speaking questions? Or even Reading passage. I want to check whether they're repeating topics or no
I just checked CELPIP account and my exam was in Morning on Feb 26th.

Reading Passage 2 (Diagram) - On kitchen Cabinets.

Speaking- Part 8 - A cyclist racer got injured and found her in Forest (Racing area). Call their leader and explain the situation.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
After doing IELTS last weekend I am switching to CELPIP for the first exam in May.

The reading and writing are considerably easier from the practice papers that I've seen compared to IELTS.

Not sure on the marking guidelines, is there any links to detailed information on those?

The listening is marginally harder but with the ability to take notes during it makes this a little better.

The speaking does sound tricky in places, but this is my strongest attribute, the reading and writing is what I find the hardest.

DonKassem

Mar 25, 2017
gowthamp said:
I just checked CELPIP account and my exam was in Morning on Feb 26th.

Reading Passage 2 (Diagram) - On kitchen Cabinets.

Speaking- Part 8 - A cyclist racer got injured and found her in Forest (Racing area). Call their leader and explain the situation.
Okay, yes this is my same exam then. My exam on April 22 at 9:00am. I'm using CELPIP accelerate for preparation, and i bought one practice tests set. U?