+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone in Ontario who transferred theirB home country drivers license to ON one?

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Accepted Jan 16 landing End of May! :)
I was wondering what did you ask from your country in the letter to switch it over in Ontario with MTO?

What was written in the letter for you to get it converted? Cause when I called in I heard 2 different stories.

I first got my drivers ID in the US, then converted it to Ontario in 2007 to 2009 then converted it to Luxembourg one (Between, France, Germany, & Belgium) . Now going back to Ontario end of this month with PR.

1. Said I'd have to redo it from the start.

2nd person on the phone said to bring a letter from our MTO in Europe or the country. "My name on the letter, along with my date of birth, drivers license number, & when I was given this drivers license in my home country."

What did you have to do ? Or get in case I leave and they missed to tell me something and I'm across the world? Because I plan on going to trucking school and need my Drivers license in order to get my AZ for trucking.

Thank you.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
out of curiousity, how did you do it initially, changing from US license to Ontario license? was it "easy"?

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
rhcohen2014 said:
out of curiousity, how did you do it initially, changing from US license to Ontario license? was it "easy"?
This was back in 2005, I was just a visitor. I traded US for ON.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rhcohen2014 said:
http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Bring a drivers abstract from the state you currently reside or the state that issued your driving license. So long as you have been licensed for more than 2 years, you should easily qualify to do a straight swap for a full Ontario license. It is indeed very easy to get a D/L coming from the US. As long as you bring the full abstract and are willing to wait in line at the proper office (Service Ontario cannot issue you your very first license, it must be done at DriveTest Examination Center) and give up your US license along with the proper fee (it was like $85 or something ridiculous! LOL) then you won't have a problem.

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Alurra71 said:
Bring a drivers abstract from the state you currently reside or the state that issued your driving license. So long as you have been licensed for more than 2 years, you should easily qualify to do a straight swap for a full Ontario license. It is indeed very easy to get a D/L coming from the US. As long as you bring the full abstract and are willing to wait in line at the proper office (Service Ontario cannot issue you your very first license, it must be done at DriveTest Examination Center) and give up your US license along with the proper fee (it was like $85 or something ridiculous! LOL) then you won't have a problem.
Thank you but the one I have now is from Luxembourg. (Europe)

JustMarried81

Sep 3, 2012
Luxembourg
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6th 2013
AOR Received.
July 5th 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21st 2013
VISA ISSUED...
PMM said:
Hi

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence
WOW Thank you, I didn't run into this link at all before!

So I still get it need to take a eye test along with sign test and G2 right away.