+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone here with TRV and study/work premit in Canada visit USA before?

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if I am posting my question in the right place. Hope someone have experience or knowledge that can shed some lights and give me some help here.

My wife (non-Canadian --- Chinese passport) is here in Canada with a newly extended TRV and Study Permit (from Oct 4 2012 - July 31 2014). I (Canadian) have sponsored her as a PR already and she has already received AIP.

Now, we have already travelled to many major cities in Canada during our last 2-3 years.
We want to visit USA and do some shopping/sight-seeing down south.

I am not sure of the procedures, but can she goto USA with me? USA Visa? Where can I apply? What's involved? Anyone got experience?

Thank you for your help and sharing of your experience! :)

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
My wife (non-Canadian --- Chinese passport) is here in Canada with a newly extended TRV and Study Permit (from Oct 4 2012 - July 31 2014). I (Canadian) have sponsored her as a PR already and she has already received AIP.

Now, we have already travelled to many major cities in Canada during our last 2-3 years.
We want to visit USA and do some shopping/sight-seeing down south.

I am not sure of the procedures, but can she goto USA with me? USA Visa? Where can I apply? What's involved? Anyone got experience?

Thank you for your help and sharing of your experience! :)
As a Chinese national, she will need to apply for a B-2 Tourist visa to enter the U.S. She has nothing from Canada yet which would allow her to enter the U.S., so she will have to do so on her Chinese passport, which requires a visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1265.html