+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone here apply student permit online in Malaysia?

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
I am in the process of applying student permit in Malaysia and I'm thinking if I should apply online or paper-based. Anyone here have successfully apply visa through online? Please share your experience.
Would like to know which one will be slightly faster as I am running out of time.

And I am so worried that I might got rejected if I am applying online because they do not request a study plan to explain that I will come back to my home country after finish my study. Not sure if only providing bank statements will be sufficient or I have to provide assets too.

Thank you so much for sharing!

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
I applied via online application last year, and the processing time given on the CIC website is pretty reliable. I submitted my application around third week of June 2015, and my passport was requested in exactly a month later. The day after I submitted, I made my own arrangements for medical checkup, and sent the results via email (cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca). That definitely helped speed up the process.

I hope you have sent in your application for CAQ? That was the most nerve-wrecking part of the application process for me. Because that slowed down the study permit application. The study permit cannot be issued until you have officially received the CAQ.

The online application does require a study plan. I don't remember if it was requested after my online submission, or I had included it in the first place following the checklist given by the Wisma MCA office... but it is absolutely required. Attach it as one of the additional documents if you choose to apply online.

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
Yes I have sent in my application for CAQ in 18th May and according to the courier they received my documents on the 24th. I am really worried that I will have to defer my first term because of CAQ. But I can go ahead and apply for the permit once I got my CAQ approved ONLINE correct?

I did my medical checkup upfront one week ago, the only thing that I am waiting for is the CAQ. So I really need to get all documents needed ready so that I could apply visa once I got my CAQ. Did you use the cic website to apply online? Where you create a GCKey account. Right now the processing time for Malaysia is 6 weeks not so sure if I could get the visa on time if there's anything goes wrong >.< my school starts sept 2nd.

So I believe that you make it on time for Fall intake last year?

Thank you so much for your help! There is very little Malaysian that went to Canada and I am doing this all on my own. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!
I think I will try to get the checklist from Wisma MCA too to be sure. I've tried contacted with the vfsglocal.ca website for Malaysia and they don't seem to know if I could apply online. Everything in their website is about paper application.

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Don't wait for CAQ to be approved! CIC should be able to start processing other documents you send in, but they cannot give you that final offer without the official CAQ acceptance. You should be able to begin and submit your study permit application right away, and just attach an additional letter to say you have applied for CAQ and in the email, provide them dates / application number or if there is an official receipt from your CAQ application. Sorry I don't quite remember what I sent here, but have your application submitted and pending, and email them as you receive updates. As with the medical checkup results, email them your UMI number.

Here's an example of how I linked additional documents to my application (via email):

Subject: Application # S30XXXXXXX, Medical exam completed
Surname: XXX
Given name: XXXXX
Date of Birth: DDMMYYYY
UMI: U0XXXXXXX
Application number: S30XXXXXXX
Type of Application: Study Permit

Yes I used CIC. It should be easy to create the GCKey account. servicecanada.gc.ca has a tutorial for creating a GCKey, you should be able to google it.

What vfsglobal provides is country specific, so that checklist should work for you. I remember receiving the same checklist online (CIC), only study plan was missing. But that and a brief CV is absolutely required, and they did request it after my initial submission.

When it came to passport processing, I went back to VFS @ Wisma MCA for their services to mail the passport, they knew how urgent it was and put it under 'to expedite', and it was all on schedule.

Yes I did get very worried, and had only a week to buy my plane tickets. But it all worked out! I know it's a nerve-wrecking process, I was always checking emails at 4-5am in the morning waiting for updates... I can imagine what you're going through. I'll be happy to help with your questions. :)

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
Thank you thank you thank you!! I think I will start with my study plan asap and try to submit it this week.

I thought I will have to wait until my CAQ got approved first before submitting, so confusing. I'm so glad that you found my post and replied!! Thanks a lot!!!

Will keep you updated and maybe I could just PM you :D

Oh ya what about the financial proofs? I only have FDs and savings around 50k CAD in total. Not sure if it is sufficient or I should include properties.

I wish you all the best in Canada and hope that I will be joining you soon!

Commit

Jun 19, 2016
Hi guys. I am also an applicant from Malaysia. There were some issues with my online application regarding police certificates and I am trying to get ahold of somebody from the IRCC to resolve these problems.

I sent a couple of emails but so far I have yet to get a response. Do you guys know of any way to communicate with them besides email?
Thanks a lot.

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
Commit said:
Hi guys. I am also an applicant from Malaysia. There were some issues with my online application regarding police certificates and I am trying to get ahold of somebody from the IRCC to resolve these problems.

I sent a couple of emails but so far I have yet to get a response. Do you guys know of any way to communicate with them besides email?
Thanks a lot.
Heyy i have issues with the police cert as well.. So far ive only used the online query form for specific case https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx and yet to receive any reply. Update me if they do reply u.. No idea at all how to contact them.. Im just worried that i might need to defer my class

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
in my opinion instead of applying yourself contact any reliable Kuala lumpur based consultants to help you to figure out the future problems. I think www.bpm1.net are quite reliable consultants in kuala lumpur area near to KLCC who help mostly Canadian immigration related issues.

chan4576

Apr 18, 2017
I agreed with above statement that BP Management guys are quite professional and specially for Malaysian who need to apply for visitor visa of Canada , these are the only agency here who is helping Malaysian to apply for visitor visa to canada with professional way other wise the guys from VFS at wisma mca are very un-professional and they submit the application without any kind of work on the application. that is why most of the guys who apply with VFS in Wisma MCA are getting refused.
in my opinion do not see some ringits saving and apply professionally.
bpm1.net

RichieFong

Jun 22, 2017
Thank you thank you thank you!! I think I will start with my study plan asap and try to submit it this week.

I thought I will have to wait until my CAQ got approved first before submitting, so confusing. I'm so glad that you found my post and replied!! Thanks a lot!!!

Will keep you updated and maybe I could just PM you :D

Oh ya what about the financial proofs? I only have FDs and savings around 50k CAD in total. Not sure if it is sufficient or I should include properties.

I wish you all the best in Canada and hope that I will be joining you soon!
I was told multiple times by VFS Malaysia, VFS Singapore, BPManagement, University Website, and many forums that either an electronic copy or the original CAQ can be used only. I asked them about submitting the CAQ application receipt followed by updates; they said that this is not possible. May I know whether you managed to do it with the the CAQ application receipt?