+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone have their parents already in the Country on Super visa?

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

anyone have their parents already in the country on super visa? Please reply.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people do. It would be more helpful if you post your question,
I was wondering If anyone in same boat, Interested in creating the petition so that government should consider PR for parents who are already in the country!

what you think?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I was wondering If anyone in same boat, Interested in creating the petition so that government should consider PR for parents who are already in the country!

what you think?
On what basis would them be giving them a PR? Simply for being in Canada? That’ll never happen.

Reactions: YVR123

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On what basis they dropped CRS score?

our parents are young and we need them here to look after our kids while we work.

i think your parents are already PR dude thats why you don't understand the hassle we have to face when every time you have to ask for extension.

IRCC definitely need to do something for parents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

our parents are young and we need them here to look after our kids while we work.

i think your parents are already PR dude thats why you don't understand the hassle we have to face when every time you have to ask for extension.

You can certainly try. I would recommend that you find an MP (federal) willing to back the petition.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

So just ignore all the immigration requirements simply because you need them here. Still never fly, but go ahead and knock your socks off. Never going to happen.
And then every other visitor to Canada will want the same thing. Opens an ugly can of worms no government will want to deal with.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

You mean you want your parents to work and to take jobs away from daycares?

You may want to adjust your reasoning. Wanting to take care of your parents sound so much better than using them as free labour.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015

If would kinda defeat the purpose of super visa wouldn't it? We all understand the difficulty of living away from our family but that's a clear choice we all make when migrating to a different country. A difficult choice but still a choice.

The diplomatic Scylla is right, feel free to try, it is only your time and again a choice you are free to make. The others are more blunt but equally realistic as to the chances your time will allow you to reach a satisfactory solution.

It doesn't have much to do with whether someone's parents are already PR. Have you considered the fact that your parents are allowed to come to Canada and stay for extended period of time while many here do not have this option and feel you do not understand their situation because your parents already have a super visa...

Why should you have priority and not them?

It is quite often harder to consider the big picture when facing a difficult situation.

Last edited:

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I think its a great idea. I think its absolutely critical given the COVID-19 pandemic situation that parents already in the country are transitioned over to PR status as they are at high risk and vulnerable as most of them are older and more susceptible to COVID if they travel in this unprecedented time. It must be kept in mind that the supervisa isnt a "regular visit visa" and was designed to re-unify families that the PGP backlog had created. It is a key tool for family re-unification.

Guys please share ideas on how we can find constructive ideas to make this happen!

neg mawon

Aug 18, 2020
Canada doesn't have an easy stream for parents and grand parents to come. Unfortunately that's by design. They believe they already have an ageing population. They don't want to add more 'old people'.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I would like to stress the fact that this is an emergency measure where elderly parents whose health can be severely put at risk due to travel are in Canada without adequate health coverage ( emergency health insurance wasn’t designed to combat a global pandemic)

This would be beneficial to assist the government in meeting its very ambitious immigration targets for this year. This is a public health and humanitarian and compassionate matter due to an unprecedented pandemic situation.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Parents and grand parents don’t fit the profile of the immigration targets the government is after. Again, you’re creating a difference in programs for those with parents in country on a TRV/Supervisa (and they are both temporary visiting visas) and those who aren’t. You can smell the litigation and issues with that a mile away.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I think its a great idea. I think its absolutely critical given the COVID-19 pandemic situation that parents already in the country are transitioned over to PR status as they are at high risk and vulnerable as most of them are older and more susceptible to COVID if they travel in this unprecedented time. It must be kept in mind that the supervisa isnt a "regular visit visa" and was designed to re-unify families that the PGP backlog had created. It is a key tool for family re-unification.

Guys please share ideas on how we can find constructive ideas to make this happen!
In retrospect, the question of

“ What to do with mom & dad when we move to Canada ?”

Should of been on the to do list , versus complaining about the laws already in place in the country you chose to move too .
Poor planning on the part of individuals who have moved to Canada, I believe isn’t part of the current Government’s agenda
Let’s throw in forgetting to get adequate health insurance coverage for their temporary stay, that would be at the top of the Government’s list of things to do

Last edited:

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
In retrospect, the question of

“ What to do with mom & dad when we move to Canada ?”

Should of been on the to do list , versus complaining about the laws already in place in the country you chose to move too .
Poor planning on the part of individuals who have moved to Canada, I believe isn’t part of the current Government’s agenda
Let’s throw in forgetting to get adequate health insurance coverage for their temporary stay, that would be at the top of the Government’s list of things to do
Pandemic came after some people’s parents were here to visit on supervisa. Originally supervisa is designed so parents can visit for long periods of time with their kids. Pandemic created emergency situation and parents are now stranded for a lot of people. How could they have planned a pandemic. The insurance in place is only for emerdencies not for pandemic preparedness. This thread is based on helping people in a unique unforeseen emergency situation.