+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone have mailed in police certificate to Sydney office and signed by Clayton?

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Due to the police department (Hong Kong, China) policy, I have to had my police certificate sent vis UPS to Sydney office directly. The package was shown delivered on 13 Jan, 2021. Have called cic multiple times to get a confirmation that they have received it. A call centre agent was kind enough to help me send out a request to Sydney office, today I received an email back saying that they still haven't received my police certificate. I mean, I checked the address on google map, it's not like its a building that has multiple entrances. At this point I don't really know what to do. My AOR is 14 Aug, people around the same date is getting COPR now. Everything else is passed in my case, just need the police certificate.

Anyone have mailed in something to the Sydney office and got any responds recently?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It is probably sat in their mail room waiting to be sorted when they return to full capacity as a result of COVID.
So it might have arrived at its destination, but still requires someone to physically retrieve it, open it, scan and digitize it, and then route it to the officer handling your application.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
It is probably sat in their mail room waiting to be sorted when they return to full capacity as a result of COVID.
So it might have arrived at its destination, but still requires someone to physically retrieve it, open it, scan and digitize it, and then route it to the officer handling your application.
I received an email from the Sydney office telling me to resubmit it again.....fml

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Wow. Why can't they just go and get the one you already did. Either they are lazy, or they lost it. I'm sorry you are having to go through this.
I have searched thru this forum, people who have mailed in their application was delivered to the same person Clayton. I'm pretty sure it was delivered to the right address. At this point, I don't even know where my mail is. There's no way it was lost if it was delivered to the correct address, applications and police certificates are really confidential documents that has all your ID information. If they lost any documents, it will have to be a bunch of documents and I'm pretty sure it will be on the news.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
I have searched thru this forum, people who have mailed in their application was delivered to the same person Clayton. I'm pretty sure it was delivered to the right address. At this point, I don't even know where my mail is. There's no way it was lost if it was delivered to the correct address, applications and police certificates are really confidential documents that has all your ID information. If they lost any documents, it will have to be a bunch of documents and I'm pretty sure it will be on the news.
Hi! Can I know if you at the end successfully submitted the CNCC from Hong Kong? Cos I'm in the same situation, it sent twice to the Hong Kong office but they keep saying they dun have it.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Yes, the first time I sent it to the Visa Office in Canada. The second time I was allowed to send it to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong. You can call them and see if they have received it, it will take them like a month to show it in the system.

This is quite annoying, it delays my application by a lot.

Hi! Can I know if you at the end successfully submitted the CNCC from Hong Kong? Cos I'm in the same situation, it sent twice to the Hong Kong office but they keep saying they dun have it.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Yes, the first time I sent it to the Visa Office in Canada. The second time I was allowed to send it to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong. You can call them and see if they have received it, it will take them like a month to show it in the system.

This is quite annoying, it delays my application by a lot.
Congratulation to you!

I sent twice to the Canadian Consulate General, HK in June and November last year, and up to February this year they still saying they don't have it.
I contacted their HK office and they never get back to me. But the HKPF did confirm it was delivered, they did provided a tracking no. as a proof. So I honestly don't know what happened. :(

I just applied a new one and have it courier to Sydney office directly, hopefully they will get it this time.

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
There might be something missing on your document, did you follow the instruction to create the shipping label? The Canadian Consulate General, HK is pretty fast compared to the Sydney office, their mailroom is quite crazy.

Depends on your visa office, everytime when I submit any document, it's going to take them at least a month to show up in the system, once it's in the system, it's going to take them 4 months for them to reopen your file.

It's been the 20th month since I applied. The last email I got from them was in last December to confirm my residence in Canada and nothing since.

Congratulation to you!

I sent twice to the Canadian Consulate General, HK in June and November last year, and up to February this year they still saying they don't have it.
I contacted their HK office and they never get back to me. But the HKPF did confirm it was delivered, they did provided a tracking no. as a proof. So I honestly don't know what happened. :(

I just applied a new one and have it courier to Sydney office directly, hopefully they will get it this time.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
There might be something missing on your document, did you follow the instruction to create the shipping label? The Canadian Consulate General, HK is pretty fast compared to the Sydney office, their mailroom is quite crazy.

Depends on your visa office, everytime when I submit any document, it's going to take them at least a month to show up in the system, once it's in the system, it's going to take them 4 months for them to reopen your file.

It's been the 20th month since I applied. The last email I got from them was in last December to confirm my residence in Canada and nothing since.
When they deliver to the Hong Kong office, the HKFP uses registered mail, and they also provided a tracking no#. I checked the HK post office and it shows delivered. so I don't know what is missing in here.