+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone have experience with inland Mexico BGCs?

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research on the forums and have noticed that once the Government sends off a request for a background check for someone who is from Mexico, that when you get the Government to do it for you it is taking awhile (3+ months). I am guessing this is because the Mexico City VO is backed up.

Is there a way that once we recieve the BGC request letter from the Government with the file number that my wife can get one of her family members to obtain the police certificates themselves to speed up the process? I am unsure of how it works. I did look on the website but it doesn't specify wether you absolutely have to go through the Government while doing an inland PR.

Is there anyone here who's spouse is from Mexico and is applying inland (Canada) who can tell me how they did their BGC another way? Or did you just send the information to the Mexico City VO?

If anyone has any experience in this area your views would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research on the forums and have noticed that once the Government sends off a request for a background check for someone who is from Mexico, that when you get the Government to do it for you it is taking awhile (3+ months). I am guessing this is because the Mexico City VO is backed up.

Is there a way that once we recieve the BGC request letter from the Government with the file number that my wife can get one of her family members to obtain the police certificates themselves to speed up the process? I am unsure of how it works. I did look on the website but it doesn't specify wether you absolutely have to go through the Government while doing an inland PR.

Is there anyone here who's spouse is from Mexico and is applying inland (Canada) who can tell me how they did their BGC another way? Or did you just send the information to the Mexico City VO?

If anyone has any experience in this area your views would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello!!
I’m from Mexico too, so let me tell you my experience.

I receive a letter from IRCC January 26 in order to request my police check from Mexico (PGR)
By January 28 I send my fingerprints, they took forever to send a result to IRCC(they send my police check April 16) I know for sure is people that can do it by them self and sometimes takes from 5 to 10 natural days ... the consulate of your city also can give you more information how to do it yourself.

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello!!
I’m from Mexico too, so let me tell you my experience.

I receive a letter from IRCC January 26 in order to request my police check from Mexico (PGR)
By January 28 I send my fingerprints, they took forever to send a result to IRCC(they send my police check April 16) I know for sure is people that can do it by them self and sometimes takes from 5 to 10 natural days ... the consulate of your city also can give you more information how to do it yourself.
Thanks! So you're telling me that there is a way we can conduct the police background check on our own and not through the Government directly?

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yep you can do it by your own.
Interesting.

We would have to provide the file number the Government gives us when they request the BGC, correct? And I assume we would have to get the papers professionally translated? And you were an inland application?

Also, do you know of anyone on these forums who have experience doing so?

The Government website doesnt go into any detail on if we can do it on our own hence me asking so many questions :)

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Interesting.

We would have to provide the file number the Government gives us when they request the BGC, correct? And I assume we would have to get the papers professionally translated? And you were an inland application?

Also, do you know of anyone on these forums who have experience doing so?

The Government website doesnt go into any detail on if we can do it on our own hence me asking so many questions :)
Check this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-mexico-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales.274653/page-42

Reactions: Tmcdchef87

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks so much.

I wonder if we can send in the photos, fingerprints and the file number now to avoid delays? Or vice versa, get my wife's sister to obtain the PCC.

We haven't recieved a letter yet from the Government requesting it, however.