+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone has experience in reopening a refused case?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
tatianatiana said:
wow that's so sucky. What did you do then?
Re-applied with proper reference letter. Second time I got it. To be honest year 2013 was pretty bad for CEC. CIC just adjusted the program by reducing CEC requirement from 2 years experience to 1 year experience without applying any cap on CEC. As a result they got about twice CEC application to process comparing to previous year (cause more people suddenly became eligible for CEC) when actual visa granting plan remained about the same. Lately I red that in 2013 only ~60% of CEC application were approved comparing to almost 90% in prior years. I guess they were looking hard for any excuse to reject an application. Of cause, these are just my speculations...

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
pfse said:
Re-applied with proper reference letter. Second time I got it. To be honest year 2013 was pretty bad for CEC. CIC just adjusted the program by reducing CEC requirement from 2 years experience to 1 year experience without applying any cap on CEC. As a result they got about twice CEC application to process comparing to previous year (cause more people suddenly became eligible for CEC) when actual visa granting plan remained about the same. Lately I red that in 2013 only ~60% of CEC application were approved comparing to almost 90% in prior years. I guess they were looking hard for any excuse to reject an application. Of cause, these are just my speculations...
wow. well, thanks for sharing that :)

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
In the past trend, there have been plenty of people who made new profile and submitted new application after new ITA and their files were processed at much faster one than usual. Recommended to make new profile. There is no definite time to when IRCC might reopen your file if you request.
I wish I have enough points to be selected again. I had OOPNP but it expired. Even I create a new profile, I will still have to wait for PNP to be reopen in Nov. That's why I would just try to reopen the case while waiting

crbj

May 18, 2016
No Man Left Behind said:
This applicant was rejected on May 18. He said he would raise CSE but has not been very active on the forum since.
Yeah. It is me. I raised CSE 2 weeks ago. Asking for reconsideration and uploaded a updated reference letter. Here is what I received today:

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry; however, we do not have further information regarding the decision made on your file.

Please refer to the letter that was sent to you or visit our Help Centre and our website for more information. You can search by typing keywords.

This is an automated response – Do not reply to this message. "

crbj

May 18, 2016
popoxee

I read your previous posts and found we are on the same boat. Similar timeline, same reason for rejection, nominated by Ontario and similar work (Mine is 2173 Software Engineer).

My reference letter described my duties as 'design and develop software'. In their requirements for reference letter, they only ask you to include your duties but didn't mention how detailed it should be. My employer had no experience with pr application before and just put the primary duties there. From my point of view, there is a inconsistency between their requirements for reference letter and guideline for review.

As I mentioned in the last reply, I raised CSE after rejection and received that message. Looks like the chance of reconsideration is slim but have to try it. Also sent email to OINP for extension. It has been 2 weeks and no reply yet. You should try these two ways at least. I will let you know if there is any update. Also please keep me informed.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:
popoxee

I read your previous posts and found we are on the same boat. Similar timeline, same reason for rejection, nominated by Ontario and similar work (Mine is 2173 Software Engineer).

My reference letter described my duties as 'design and develop software'. In their requirements for reference letter, they only ask you to include your duties but didn't mention how detailed it should be. My employer had no experience with pr application before and just put the primary duties there. From my point of view, there is a inconsistency between their requirements for reference letter and guideline for review.

As I mentioned in the last reply, I raised CSE after rejection and received that message. Looks like the chance of reconsideration is slim but have to try it. Also sent email to OINP for extension. It has been 2 weeks and no reply yet. You should try these two ways at least. I will let you know if there is any update. Also please keep me informed.
Was your PNP expired as well? Mine did (after I sent them email before expiration) and I called them, and the helpdesk says they are not sure if the officer can extend my case if it expired, but I could try to send a paper mail to explain what is the issue and transfer to another profile. I am not sure if I should because if I transfer the PNP (with slim chance as well), my reopen case would be ineligible again... Both are almost impossible and I am not sure which one I should bet my coin on.

Our company reference letter from HR is also very simple... I agree that the guideline was misleading, and didn't say how details. My reference contained my title, and my basic explanation of my duties, without a detailed bullet points. The guideline should say list of duties, rather than just "duties". This is bs to reject people by.

However I did raise an CSE before rejection to submit a new letter because I saw the comments from my GCMS notes, although that was not processed (I assume based on the rejection letter), so I hope this is some reasoning that can be taken into consideration.

What is your next step? PNP is closed for the year so won't have a chance if we create a new profile. I am planning to see if my case can be reopened. If not, I will find a consultant/lawyer to see if there is anything else possible. You should call the ONIP instead of waiting for the email cuz they actually told me on the phone not all emails were looked at...

crbj

May 18, 2016
popoxee said:
Was your PNP expired as well? Mine did (after I sent them email before expiration) and I called them, and the helpdesk says they are not sure if the officer can extend my case if it expired, but I could try to send a paper mail to explain what is the issue and transfer to another profile. I am not sure if I should because if I transfer the PNP (with slim chance as well), my reopen case would be ineligible again... Both are almost impossible and I am not sure which one I should bet my coin on.

Our company reference letter from HR is also very simple... I agree that the guideline was misleading, and didn't say how details. My reference contained my title, and my basic explanation of my duties, without a detailed bullet points. The guideline should say list of duties, rather than just "duties". This is bs to reject people by.

However I did raise an CSE before rejection to submit a new letter because I saw the comments from my GCMS notes, although that was not processed (I assume based on the rejection letter), so I hope this is some reasoning that can be taken into consideration.

What is your next step? PNP is closed for the year so won't have a chance if we create a new profile. I am planning to see if my case can be reopened. If not, I will find a consultant/lawyer to see if there is anything else possible. You should call the ONIP instead of waiting for the email cuz they actually told me on the phone not all emails were looked at...
Thank you for your advice. I heard lots of rumors like express entry reform will be implemented or CIC will invite more candidates in the last quarter of this year. Hopefully that is true. No other choices now.

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crbj said:
Thank you for your advice. I heard lots of rumors like express entry reform will be implemented or CIC will invite more candidates in the last quarter of this year. Hopefully that is true. No other choices now.
I honestly question that posters sanity

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passed: 29/01/1987
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
popoxee said:
I honestly question that posters sanity
Okay this is funny. :D :)

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
crbj said:
Why your file was rejected? Not matching NOCs? or not detailed duties mentioned?

crbj

May 18, 2016
shdhsjej said:
Why your file was rejected? Not matching NOCs? or not detailed duties mentioned?
no sufficient evidence to demonstrate the substantial number of the main duties and the actions you performed as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification – 2173 (Software Engineer)

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
crbj said:
no sufficient evidence to demonstrate the substantial number of the main duties and the actions you performed as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification – 2173 (Software Engineer)
It is very important that any employment letter covers the majority of the main duties matching your NOC. iRCC seems to be very strict on that issue.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Bumping this thread.
Please share if you or know someone who experienced the same.
Thanks

Grewal123%

Feb 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need some help. I applied under the federal skilled worker program and got the invitation this May 2019. I submitted my documents last week and today I got letter saying that your application has been rejected due to incomplete application. I forgot to attach the full drivers history with my police clearance certificate. Can I reopen request to reopen my case attaching the full drivers history report? Are there chances that they will reopen my file?

Julia1307

Jul 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need some help. I applied under the federal skilled worker program and got the invitation this May 2019. I submitted my documents last week and today I got letter saying that your application has been rejected due to incomplete application. I forgot to attach the full drivers history with my police clearance certificate. Can I reopen request to reopen my case attaching the full drivers history report? Are there chances that they will reopen my file?
Hi was your application reopened? If so after how long?