+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got their PR with ECA only for Masters degree?

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
As far as I know, we are required to do ECA for all Degrees gained after Higher Secondary School (After 10+2). But yes the seniors can pitch it here.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
You only need to get your highest degree evaluated. If your masters is from UK, Australia, first world country etc, then you will have a high chance that your ECA will give you a masters equivalency and all will be well.

HOWEVER, people from Asian countries need to get your undergrad as well as masters evaluated since WES does not give most Indian masters a Canadian masters equivalency unless it is from IIM etc. In that case, you will be left with with only a diploma equivalency. Hence for India/Asia, it is best to get both done so worse case scenario, you can get TWO or MORE degree points where you can claim points for the degree as well as the post graduate diploma/certificate. ( Indian masters are usually just given a post degree diploma equivalency by WES).

Reactions: Afaque Khan

Afaque Khan

May 20, 2017
You only need to get your highest degree evaluated. If your masters is from UK, Australia, first world country etc, then you will have a high chance that your ECA will give you a masters equivalency and all will be well.

HOWEVER, people from Asian countries need to get your undergrad as well as masters evaluated since WES does not give most Indian masters a Canadian masters equivalency unless it is from IIM etc. In that case, you will be left with with only a diploma equivalency. Hence for India/Asia, it is best to get both done so worse case scenario, you can get TWO or MORE degree points where you can claim points for the degree as well as the post graduate diploma/certificate. ( Indian masters are usually just given a post degree diploma equivalency by WES).
Thanks for reply

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
First of all, WES requires HSC documents from all Pakistani candidates, no matter what degree they require to asses.

For example in my case, I did my masters degree form Germany, Bachelors and HSC from Pakistan.

WES didn't provide me ECA until they received my HSC transcript and certificate from Board of intermediate education Karachi.

So, if you have done your HSC/I.Com etc from Pakistan, you must submit your HSC transcript and certificate to WES, otherwise they will not provide you ECA. Moreover, as Bachelors degree comes between HSC and Masters, you must also provide your Bachelors degree to WES.

Also, It is highly recommended that you should get ECA for all your degrees (From HSC to Masters) and not just the last degree (which is Masters in your case).

Hope this helps.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
First of all, WES requires HSC documents from all Pakistani candidates, no matter what degree they require to asses.

For example in my case, I did my masters degree form Germany, Bachelors and HSC from Pakistan.

WES didn't provide me ECA until they received my HSC transcript and certificate from Board of intermediate education Karachi.

So, if you have done your HSC/I.Com etc from Pakistan, you must submit your HSC transcript and certificate to WES, otherwise they will not provide you ECA. Moreover, as Bachelors degree comes between HSC and Masters, you must also provide your Bachelors degree to WES.

Also, It is highly recommended that you should get ECA for all your degrees (From HSC to Masters) and not just the last degree (which is Masters in your case).

Hope this helps.
How do they know you did your bachelors in Pakistan unless you divulge that information to them? In my case, my undergrad was from India and masters from the UK and WES did not ask for any additional documents and only evaluated my masters degree and gave me Masters equivalency for my UK masters in the ECA. Unless in your case, it is a country specific rule.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
How do they know you did your bachelors in Pakistan unless you divulge that information to them? In my case, my undergrad was from India and masters from the UK and WES did not ask for any additional documents and only evaluated my masters degree and gave me Masters equivalency for my UK masters in the ECA. Unless in your case, it is a country specific rule.
It is country specific rule, if u select the country, lets say for example India, to evaluate your masters they will ask u to submit ur graduation degree as well