+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got request to upload CV? Why CIC needs CV/Resume?

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hi all,

I just got Additional Documents request for my wife and I. I do have 7 days to upload them.

1) "Military records: The enclosed Details of Military Service form" -- just for me

2) "CV/Resume: The enclosed Supplementary Information Request form and a copy of your resume (CV), a document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience" -- for both of us

The request letter includes enclosed forms. I would much appreciate it if someone could help me find the answers of the following questions:
1) Should I print the forms and fill them out or I should find the relevant forms from CIC website and fill them out instead?

2) I haven't had military service in my country, Iran. It is compulsory in Iran, but I have got exception due to some physical health problems. So, I would leave the form empty and attach my exception card. I just don't know if this OK?

3) "Supplementary Information Request form": Should I just include the information of my PhD or I have to include the info of MSc as well? BTW, the filed 5 (publication list) doesn't have enough space: I have more than 10 publications. Can I just refer them to my CV?

4) I am not sure where to send this supplementary form, as in my CIC online account there is only one field to upload my CV. I guess I should attached it to my CV?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey assaf,
1) Is the form one of those kinds that needs to be validated? If so, you should use the one that allows you to validate it. If you print it, you can't validate. If not, I don't think there is a difference between the one that they send you and the one on the website. Plus, they are sending you the link, so it should be ok.

2) I hate them. They ask these stupid documents from every one of applicants from Iran. Yes, have your exemption card translated and attach it to the document.If there is any date that you you need to fill in the form, go ahead and fill it. Otherwise, leave them empty and attach the exemption. It also might not be a bad idea to include a cover letter explaining that you were exempted.

3) Either refer them to your CV, or you can write all of them in a separate sheet and attach it ot the end of the form.

4) If there is only one spot in your account, I would say create a cover letter and put all the information in that cover letter. You can give a little explanation of what you are including as well.

These are all for the purpose of SS, and they ask all these docs from each and every single applicant from Iran.

If you still have some doubts on how to upload, call them. even though, I doubt the call agents are smart enough to add anything to what you already know

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hey assaf,
1) Is the form one of those kinds that needs to be validated? If so, you should use the one that allows you to validate it. If you print it, you can't validate. If not, I don't think there is a difference between the one that they send you and the one on the website. Plus, they are sending you the link, so it should be ok.

2) I hate them. They ask these stupid documents from every one of applicants from Iran. Yes, have your exemption card translated and attach it to the document.If there is any date that you you need to fill in the form, go ahead and fill it. Otherwise, leave them empty and attach the exemption. It also might not be a bad idea to include a cover letter explaining that you were exempted.

3) Either refer them to your CV, or you can write all of them in a separate sheet and attach it ot the end of the form.

4) If there is only one spot in your account, I would say create a cover letter and put all the information in that cover letter. You can give a little explanation of what you are including as well.

These are all for the purpose of SS, and they ask all these docs from each and every single applicant from Iran.

If you still have some doubts on how to upload, call them. even though, I doubt the call agents are smart enough to add anything to what you already know
Hey there,

Thanks a lot for the good suggestions.
What is your application status? Are you from Iran?

Cheers,
Ali

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey there,

Thanks a lot for the good suggestions.
What is your application status? Are you from Iran?

Cheers,
Ali
No problem, a lot of Iranian have the same problem. It's a new waive from CIC to send everyone for SS. This happened from October to this January. I am trying to get more info. I am trying to gather all Iranians who are in similar situations. If you want join here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-applicants-from-iran.605489/

sdjkd

Dec 20, 2018
Hello everyone
I have a study permit and during my initial study permit application process I provided my CV by an email request to the visa officer, since I had no experience with making a CV, I didn't include my job description and I just mentioned one of my job title in each company that I worked. Right now in my permanent residence application, I am providing the complete details about my works in personal history and work history. By considering my circumstances, I have the following question:
1. How important and critical is our previously provided information in the CV to CIC?
2. Is it possible that my work experience be rejected by officer and I am accused to misrepresentation?
*My work places and dates are the same, but my job titles in my personal history are more comprehensive than my old CV and cover all of my designations in each company.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everyone
I have a study permit and during my initial study permit application process I provided my CV by an email request to the visa officer, since I had no experience with making a CV, I didn't include my job description and I just mentioned one of my job title in each company that I worked. Right now in my permanent residence application, I am providing the complete details about my works in personal history and work history. By considering my circumstances, I have the following question:
1. How important and critical is our previously provided information in the CV to CIC?
2. Is it possible that my work experience be rejected by officer and I am accused to misrepresentation?
*My work places and dates are the same, but my job titles in my personal history are more comprehensive than my old CV and cover all of my designations in each company.
Hello my friend,

As long as you didn't give them wrong or misleading information, everything should be fine. Summarizing thing in CV or updating it are common things that every one does and there is no problem with them.

1) It is important to make sure there is no discrepancy that might affect your application,
2) Not if the title, period, and NOC code stays the same. Did you mention the period and the title and period of all the jobs that you would like to claim points for? Many people don't put their job description in their resume, so not mentioning your job description is not a problem unless something changes dramatically.

* Sorry I don't get what you mean by *. Can you explain what you mentioned in the past and what is going to be mentioned by your company in your letter?

Reactions: sdjkd and aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hello my friend,

As long as you didn't give them wrong or misleading information, everything should be fine. Summarizing thing in CV or updating it are common things that every one does and there is no problem with them.

1) It is important to make sure there is no discrepancy that might affect your application,
2) Not if the title, period, and NOC code stays the same. Did you mention the period and the title and period of all the jobs that you would like to claim points for? Many people don't put their job description in their resume, so not mentioning your job description is not a problem unless something changes dramatically.

* Sorry I don't get what you mean by *. Can you explain what you mentioned in the past and what is going to be mentioned by your company in your letter?
Do you know (or guess) in what stage(s) of the application (e.g., eligibility, criminality, security), they see whether the applicant misrepresented himself or not?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

sdjkd

Dec 20, 2018
Hello my friend,

Thank you so much, may you send me a pm? so, I can send you a message

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Thank you so much, may you send me a pm? so, I can send you a private message
I believe that @Mr_nobody can provide a better advice. Here is what I think:
You could write a Letter of Explanation (LOE) when you submit your application which includes your explanation of the difference between the CV you submitted before for the study permit and the CV you submitted for your PR application. This would show that you didn't want to mislead them. As long as you describe everything, it should be OK.

Reactions: sdjkd and Mr_nobody

sdjkd

Dec 20, 2018
I believe that @Mr_nobody can provide a better advice. Here is what I think:
You could write a Letter of Explanation (LOE) when you submit your application which includes your explanation of the difference between the CV you submitted before for the study permit and the CV you submitted for your PR application. This would show that you didn't want to mislead them. As long as you describe everything, it should be OK.
Thank you, I was about to do the same thing. But I thought that might make them suspicious about my work experience if I point these mistake in LOE about my CV, because this way they will definitely check my CV again.
I think explaining the situation is the best option

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Do you know (or guess) in what stage(s) of the application (e.g., eligibility, criminality, security), they see whether the applicant misrepresented himself or not?
I think the main one is in the eligibility, because that is the place that most of the people try to misrepresent themselves for sections such as job experience and education. I don't think misrepresentation is frequent for criminality and security as they have finger prints and they rely on their own data as compared to the info we provide.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you, I was about to do the same thing. But I thought that might make them suspicious about my work experience if I point these mistake in LOE about my CV, because this way they will definitely check my CV again.
I think explaining the situation is the best option
I think it depends. If there is a minor change such as a typo or anything that you can explain clearly in your LOE, then go ahead and mention it. But, if there is a big change and you don't have a good explanation which might cause more red flag, don't explain. They may not even look at your previous applications in such a detail

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I had a CV request and was put into security screening on 14th August 2018. Today I got PPR exactly 6 months after entering SS
Congratulations on your ppr and thanks for sharing the info.
Would you please share your timeline? Where are you from?

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
Hey,

I also got CV requested and I got my applications approved last month.

Here is my timeline:

2016-10-06: Application received by CIC
2017-01-03: AOR
2017-12-29: Medical exam required
2018-01-04: Medical results sent
2018-01-10: Medical exam passed
2018-03-07: detailed CV requested by CIC
2018-06-05: SS started
2019-02-06: PPR
2019-02-08: Passport received by CIC
2019-02-15: Application approved
2019-02-22: Passport returned by CIC
2019-02-25: PR status validated.

From the timeline, you can see that it took about 11 months to get PPR after I got CV requested by CIC and they spent about 8 months doing SS... Good luck to anyone who also got CV requested...

Reactions: Mr_nobody and aasaf