+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got Procedural Fairness Letter after Passport Request ?

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

I need urgent response as I am totally depressed about this and cannot sleep. I keep checking my IRCC online portal every few seconds.

I'm from Ghana and I plan to study at the University of Regina, in Summer 2023.

I recently got a Procedural Fairness Letter after IRCC requested for my passport to be stamped.

Messages about your application

Subject Date sent Date read
Procedural Fairness December, 2022
Original Passport Request

Correspondence Letter
Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)
Biometrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission October, 2022

The procedural fairness states;

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to
them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant
evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the following document that you have submitted in support of
this application is not genuine.

- The bank statement issued by "XXXXXXXXXXXX" Rural Bank.

Please explain how you obtained this document and why it was submitted in support of this
application.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your
application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to
Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

My response to IRCC: I have replied IRCC with an explanation letter indicating the document I submitted is genuine as it is my Dad's bank statement and I added confirmation letter from the Bank too.

Concerns: Anybody such situation? I am totally confused, is it because my bank statement is issued by a Rural Bank and not a Commercial Bank.

Please, reply me as I need urgent help and advice.

Thank you

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

I need urgent response as I am totally depressed about this and cannot sleep. I keep checking my IRCC online portal every few seconds.

I'm from Ghana and I plan to study at the University of Regina, in Summer 2023.

I recently got a Procedural Fairness Letter after IRCC requested for my passport to be stamped.

Messages about your application

Subject Date sent Date read
Procedural Fairness December, 2022
Original Passport Request

Correspondence Letter
Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)
Biometrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission October, 2022

The procedural fairness states;

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to
them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant
evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the following document that you have submitted in support of
this application is not genuine.

- The bank statement issued by "XXXXXXXXXXXX" Rural Bank.

Please explain how you obtained this document and why it was submitted in support of this
application.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your
application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to
Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

My response to IRCC: I have replied IRCC with an explanation letter indicating the document I submitted is genuine as it is my Dad's bank statement and I added confirmation letter from the Bank too.

Concerns: Anybody such situation? I am totally confused, is it because my bank statement is issued by a Rural Bank and not a Commercial Bank.

Please, reply me as I need urgent help and advice.

Thank you

Hi,

I am a newbie on this platform. But in my opinion, I think as far as you are honest in your response to IRCC, after IRCC does several background checks and it conforms to your honesty, it shouldn't be a huge issue for you.

Perhaps, they have some doubts or feel the bank statement presented may have some issues or have been tempered elsewhere.

All, I can say is to wait patiently for IRCC to decide. You may likely hear from them in 2 weeks or more as some can even take months depending on the severity of the PFL issued.

I don't think it is because your bank is from Rural or Community Bank and not Commercial bank. Notwithstanding, I am not sure why they will ask for your passport and later issue PFL. Maybe star members or VIP members can help on this. There could be a serious problem elsewhere with your statement.

Best wishes

kop Dreams

Jan 25, 2023
Wow, first time hearing this after PPR, Canada immigration is scary now . But if your bank statement is truly genuine then you have no issue . Before they issue Pfl, theyav done background checks on documents . Apply for gcms note .
All the best

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Wow, first time hearing this after PPR, Canada immigration is scary now . But if your bank statement is truly genuine then you have no issue . Before they issue Pfl, theyav done background checks on documents . Apply for gcms note .
All the best
Hi,
Yeah, I was very surprise to see that after they requested for my passport for stamping. Anyways, it been a month now since I have been waiting.
So let's see how it goes. Hopefully, there should be some good news, at least on getting my passport back to me.