+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PR with withdrawn case(diversion) in Canada?

Sharkando

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hello folks,

Here is my scenario. Please help if you can.

I have applied for PR under EE-CEC category in March 2017. So far, medical and eligibility have been passed, Criminality is under progress and security not started.

Back in 2014, I was charged with theft under 5000 (shoplifting) in Toronto. My case was withdrew via diversion (Known as alternative measure, community service, donation etc...). It was not a conviction, just to be clear.

I am worried now because my criminality is under progress since 2.5 months and I was asked to submit court documents in June.

Am I inadmissible to Canada? Anyone has got PR with scenario like me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seniors please help. @legalfalcon @Asivad Anac @rajkamalmohanram @scylla @PMM @Leon @canuck_in_uk @jes_ON

Thanks a lot.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
I suggest you to discuss this with an immigration lawyer.

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Canada is very serious when it comes to public safety it, they even refuse visitor visas to those who were caught driving under influence dated to many years back. I heard a case where a guy was visiting and got caught for drinking and driving, although he was only visiting, he recently tried to apply for visitor visa and got refused. The system wont say the cause, but a few others shared a similar case and all were refused.

Now, shoplifting is a crime and from what I'm seeing you have been answering to court. Your immigration lawyer is lying to you, sorry. Chances are low.

Good luck

Ravi Chandra

Jul 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is very serious when it comes to public safety it, they even refuse visitor visas to those who were caught driving under influence dated to many years back. I heard a case where a guy was visiting and got caught for drinking and driving, although he was only visiting, he recently tried to apply for visitor visa and got refused. The system wont say the cause, but a few others shared a similar case and all were refused.

Now, shoplifting is a crime and from what I'm seeing you have been answering to court. Your immigration lawyer is lying to you, sorry. Chances are low.

Good luck
But he also mentioned the case was withdrawn. I've seen someone getting a PR on a different thread whose case was put to stayed. So it depends.

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
But he also mentioned the case was withdrawn. I've seen someone getting a PR on a different thread whose case was put to stayed. So it depends.
The case may be withdrawn but if they have record of it they might refuse him. Ofc, every case is different and this is just my view of the problem. Nonetheless, do still apply.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

Here is my scenario. Please help if you can.

I have applied for PR under EE-CEC category in March 2017. So far, medical and eligibility have been passed, Criminality is under progress and security not started.

Back in 2014, I was charged with theft under 5000 (shoplifting) in Toronto. My case was withdrew via diversion (Known as alternative measure, community service, donation etc...). It was not a conviction, just to be clear.

I am worried now because my criminality is under progress since 2.5 months and I was asked to submit court documents in June.

Am I inadmissible to Canada? Anyone has got PR with scenario like me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seniors please help. @legalfalcon @Asivad Anac @rajkamalmohanram @scylla @PMM @Leon @canuck_in_uk @jes_ON

Thanks a lot.

Hey did you have any progress in your application ?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
I doubt you'll get refused based on the shoplifting crime. Crimes that result in you being jailed over 6 months requires them to take action, and if your lawyer says you should be ok in your circumstance, I would follow his expertise before anyone here on this forum. DUI, assaults, etc... that endanger the public are also taken very seriously, but these don't apply to you. Only time will tell, it would be great if you came back and updated this thread once the outcome is determined.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nonetheless I'm still curious to know if anyone in this fourm got PR with any "withdrawn" criminal charge with alternate measures like peace bond etc.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Nonetheless I'm still curious to know if anyone in this fourm got PR with any "withdrawn" criminal charge with alternate measures like peace bond etc.
Consult with an Immigration Lawyer to be on a safer side. Try to walk on the right side of the law here after, only a suggestion. Good luck.